FORUMS
Damien

Barnes Midrange Hunter Standard

Just wanted to point out that under the "Synergies & Combinations"  you have Hunter's Mark listed while it's not listed in the deck itself. Other than that the everything looks good. I will be trying this version out and letting you know what I think. So far looks pretty solid. Keep up the good work. 

17 minutes ago, Guest Develline said:

Would yogg still fit somewhere?

Not really, if you fall behind on turns 10+, you will usually have a bad time regaining board, even with Yogg-Saron, Hope's End as he won't have huge amounts of spells, unlike from decks that run him as one of win conditions, such as token druid or yogg-and-load. You should rather run a strong nonsituational minion.

On 8/21/2016 at 4:34 AM, Guest Girtwo said:

Changed Tiger for Ram.

Best Winstreak i've ever had, thanks.

barnesmidrange.png

Where does one find this program? 

2 hours ago, drumsmani said:

That's the statistics view of Hearthstone Deck Tracker (HDT)

Thanks. Got it and it's nice. 

Second King's Elekk is fine. Dire Wolf Alpha is also useful, suddenly Fiery Bat and Kindly Grandmother can fight well. Even the vanilla Bloodfen Raptor is good. All of them have Beast type for Houndmaster that's really important, and 2 mana 3/2 is very important for early interaction.

Your Barnes will be slightly weaker, but you'll get more effective in your bad matchups - against aggressive decks where you have to interact - rather than in slower matchups where you have the edge anyways thanks to the best top end in the format.

Guest Peros
2 hours ago, Paracel said:

Second King's Elekk is fine. Dire Wolf Alpha is also useful, suddenly Fiery Bat and Kindly Grandmother can fight well. Even the vanilla Bloodfen Raptor is good. All of them have Beast type for Houndmaster that's really important, and 2 mana 3/2 is very important for early interaction.

Your Barnes will be slightly weaker, but you'll get more effective in your bad matchups - against aggressive decks where you have to interact - rather than in slower matchups where you have the edge anyways thanks to the best top end in the format.

Thank you very much. Im trying it with additional kings elekk and dire wolf. It seems very good sub.

Great deck, although I do not have the gold for more than 2 wings of Kharazan yet. Otherwise it looks like a fine cheap to make deck, with lots of removal. Good advice. Thx ALL!!

I'm new to this deck but there are quite a few decks I get completely destroyed by. 

Aggro lock is tough but doable, but aggro shaman is insane. Take so much damage so quickly and have to kill all my minions against their huge taunts.

This deck isn't even that different from the old midrange hunter deck, I have no idea why I can't seem to win a single game with it. Even with the perfect starting hand I'm getting annihilated by everything from tempo Mage to ramp Druid. 

I've used midrange hunter to get rank 5-1 the past 6 months and I've fallen all the way back to rank 16. Are there any videos of this deck so I can see what I'm doing wrong?

39 minutes ago, Abelcain said:

This deck isn't even that different from the old midrange hunter deck, I have no idea why I can't seem to win a single game with it. Even with the perfect starting hand I'm getting annihilated by everything from tempo Mage to ramp Druid. 

I've used midrange hunter to get rank 5-1 the past 6 months and I've fallen all the way back to rank 16. Are there any videos of this deck so I can see what I'm doing wrong?

I made a few adjustments to the deck myself. I took out Abusive Sergeant and Stranglethorn Tiger and replaced them with Tundra Rhino and Ragnaros the Firelord. I haven't played the deck too much on ladder this month, just a few games around rank 9 and 10 but I had roughly 70ish Win rate with it. I'm not sure what the issue you're having with it. Tempo Mage can be rough for Hunter but this deck does pretty well from what I've seen against most Druids. If you can, can you post a video of you playing a few games with it so we can see or maybe you can add someone from the site to help you with it while you play. Hope this helped. 

I guess the majority of players have just adapted to the popularity of Hunter. It's such an everpresent deck you'd better a good matchup with it. That's what I did choosing Shaman instead of Warrior, and that's what I assume a big share of reasonable players does. That can be a pretty reasonable explaination for your issues.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Paracel said:

I think Princess Huhuran is worse than Savannah Highmane.

Yes, she is. However, she isn't supposed to take place of Savannah Highmane. She should be played together with the Savannah Highmanes, Kindly Grandmothers and Infested Wolves, instead of replacing them.

14 hours ago, Guest GunnerBarth said:

I think Princess Huhuran would be still good in this deck.

Since the deck does not feature sufficient amount of powerful deathrattle minions, she is not good enough to be included.

Guest The Dude

I put in N'Zoth instead of Kings Elekk but i never got to play it (played about 10 games).. you think i should try Ragnaros instead (or just Kings Elekk) ? Cause i think against control decks u need another late game threat besides Call of the Wild.. but i'm not sure 

3 hours ago, Guest The Dude said:

I put in N'Zoth instead of Kings Elekk but i never got to play it (played about 10 games).. you think i should try Ragnaros instead (or just Kings Elekk) ? Cause i think against control decks u need another late game threat besides Call of the Wild.. but i'm not sure 

If the amount of control decks is significant and you often find yourself in need of a big minion, then yes, you could try Ragnaros the Firelord. However, I do not recommend this change if you face considerable amount of aggro decks.

I see a lot of hunters using ragnaros in this deck to make it better for ranked play, but I'm not sure what to substitute it for. Any tips?

Also, what is the secret to Barnes? I get that in theory it would be good to get something like savannah with it, but aside from the occasional big bad wolf I feel like I almost always get a 1/1 tiger or elek or something. How do I make the most out of it?

14 minutes ago, Abelcain said:

How do I make the most out of Barnes?

First of all, factor into your strategy he will pull a vanilla 1/1 whenever you play him. That way, you won't be disappointed when he does so.

Use an add-on that shows what cards remain in your stack, mulligan harder and play Barnes when the odds of him pulling a valuable minion are stacked in your favor. 

Spoiler

Don't rage too much when he still does pull a vanilla 1/1 despite everything.