Damien

Reno Combo Warlock Standard

17 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Reno Combo Warlock Standard Deck.

On 12/4/2016 at 6:01 AM, Guest Tremendous said:

This deck is amazing. Great work. Currently 14-3 winrate. gg

Thanks for sharing. We are glad you like it and have found success. 

1 hour ago, TriggerHappy said:

Why do i need Jaraxxus When i have Reno? Any replacement?

Lord Jaraxxus is an amazing card and is the perfect tool when dealing with other control decks.  A 3/8 Weapon and a summon 6/6 hero power can be too strong to deal with.  On top of all that, he is like an extra healing card as your heath becomes 15 so he can end up "Healing" you for a maximum of 14. If you do not have him then the slot is open to what ever tech card you feel you need. Reno decks are pretty flexible with their card list.  

2 hours ago, TriggerHappy said:

Why do i need Jaraxxus When i have Reno? Any replacement?

1 hour ago, KingMe said:

Lord Jaraxxus is an amazing card and is the perfect tool when dealing with other control decks.  A 3/8 Weapon and a summon 6/6 hero power can be too strong to deal with.  On top of all that, he is like an extra healing card as your heath becomes 15 so he can end up "Healing" you for a maximum of 14. If you do not have him then the slot is open to what ever tech card you feel you need. Reno decks are pretty flexible with their card list.  

This ^^

Also except for tech cards, you could try Alexstrasza

2 hours ago, Guest potato said:

Replacement for Brann?

Brann Bronzebeard synergises with a lot of important cards in this deck, so it's recommended to get him. You could try Flame Juggler as an anti-pirate warrior card, Forbidden Ritual as a filler card, Voidwalker as an early-game taunt, or Sen'jin Shieldmasta as an early mid-game taunt.

12 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Brann Bronzebeard synergises with a lot of important cards in this deck, so it's recommended to get him. You could try Flame Juggler as an anti-pirate warrior card, Forbidden Ritual as a filler card, Voidwalker as an early-game taunt, or Sen'jin Shieldmasta as an early mid-game taunt.

Positiv2 = Sen'jin Shieldmasta's promoter. :P 

9 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Well, Sen'jin Shieldmasta is simply a great, but overlooked taunt minion. However, with MSoG out, I think I might start using Second-Rate Bruiser as my taunt of choice. So, that is another replacement option.

Second-Rate Bruiser is a fantastic card for a meta as fast as the one we have right now. 4/5 for a very possible 3 mana is very nice.  Hell, even for 5 mana it's still not that bad. Sorry Sen'jin Shieldmasta, you've been replaced. lol 

Hey thanks for the deck. 2 questions:

1. Is it wise to replace Mind Control Tech with Mountain Giant?

2. I don't own Kazakus, although I have enough dust to craft it. To be honest, I don't even like Kazakus much. I believe it is an overrated, "flavor-of-the-month" card, and will soon be out of meta. So far, I have used a Second Rate Bruiser. But the question remains, should I craft it, or simply carry on?

Besides these two card swaps, everything else is the same.

Thank you for your time. Cheers!

Edited by Omid

53 minutes ago, Omid said:

Hey thanks for the deck. 2 questions:

1. Is it wise to replace Mind Control Tech with Mountain Giant?

2. I don't own Kazakus, although I have enough dust to craft it. To be honest, I don't even like Kazakus much. I believe it is a overlooked, "flavor-of-the-month" card, and will soon be out of meta. So far, I have used a Second Rate Bruiser. But the question remains, should I craft it, or simply carry on?

Besides these two card swaps, everything else is the same.

Thank you for your time. Cheers 

Mountain Giant is an anti-control card, whereas Mind Control Tech is an anti-aggro card. I cannot recommend the swap in current meta.

Kazakus is a core card to Reno decks, but since Reno Jackson is going to rotate soon, I would rather wait and see what the following adventure brings.

On 1/28/2017 at 3:13 PM, positiv2 said:

Mountain Giant is an anti-control card, whereas Mind Control Tech is an anti-aggro card. I cannot recommend the swap in current meta.

Kazakus is a core card to Reno decks, but since Reno Jackson is going to rotate soon, I would rather wait and see what the following adventure brings.

Thanks for the reply and thoughtful advice! I'll do as you suggested! But what do you mean Reno Jackson is going to rotate soon? Please don't tell me they are removing/changing it! It's my 2nd favorite card in the whole game after our lord and savior Lord Jaraxxus!

Edited by Omid

Reno Jackson, like all cards from The Grand Tournament, Blackrock Mountain and the League of Explorers; will rotate out of Standard and only be usable in Wild mode when the next expansion/adventure hits.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.