FORUMS
Damien

Aggro Paladin Deck List

Sir finley is the  best murloc, but saw Amaz playing a similar deck and it looked decent .. I wish they gave aggro decks a card like Jeeves .. 

4 hours ago, JooBatanete said:

I think Sottle made a mistake posting the deck xD Otherwise where are the murlocs?

That's a very good point! Thanks for pointing it out!

2 hours ago, peekaboo said:

Sir finley is the  best murloc, but saw Amaz playing a similar deck and it looked decent .. I wish they gave aggro decks a card like Jeeves .. 

I feel like it would just make the meta impossible for Control, though. You'd never see an end to the pressure!

Guest Mithraxxx

I think he posted the same deck twice, this is not a murloc deck, its the same aggro paladin deck 

Guest Ljun

Is that Tirion supposed to be Leeroy jenkins instead ? since the card swaps mention leeroy jenkins and it's an aggro deck ?

Guest windsobeymycommand

this is not a murloc deck. this is a aggro deck and its the same deck  which you posted under gadgetzan aggro paladin  thread

52 minutes ago, Guest Ljun said:

Is that Tirion supposed to be Leeroy jenkins instead ? since the card swaps mention leeroy jenkins and it's an aggro deck ?

Tirion Fordring is the new meta. 15 damage and huge stats (and even more stats after buffed) with divine shield is amazing value.
The guide mentions Leeroy Jenkins as a possible swap if you need a better faster finisher.

Our apologies, there was a big mistake in the deck and it was featuring the same cards as the other new Paladin Aggro deck. positiv2 informed us of this almost 10 hours ago, but we were so focused on getting new decks out and trimming the Wild and Standard hub pages (done Druid and Hunter so far), that we didn't see the message until like now :( It's going to get fixed very soon.

• Like 1

This deck is pretty lackluster in terms of finishers. If you lose your board, you're screwed unless you have prebuffed cards as murlocs on their own are very weak. Finja can also be very unreliable depending on the state of the game and if he can even kill anything at that point, I've found myself in a lot of situations where Finja pulls out murlocs with battlecry, like Coldlight Oracle, Vilefin Inquisitor, Sir Finley Mrrgglton, Bilefin Tidehunter, Grimscale Chum and Coldlight Oracle. That's 9 cards of the deck that lead to back outcomes in this scenario. I think Leeroy Jenkins would be far better as he still is affected by Smuggler's Run and Grimestreet Outfitter.

Shaman and Warrior are very strong against this deck because Shaman has very annoying AoEs/taunts, and Warrior has weapons capable of easily disposing of your murlocs.

Edited by Fiorinol

I do enjoy Murloc decks (at least on the giving side, not so much the receiving side!)... but I have to echo what some others have hinted at.  Without any hard removal, this deck HAS to win early, because there's too much midrange and end game AOE removal available, and it can't compete with things like Shaman/Warrior/Druid Taunt and/or gigantic minions, Warlock ramp (and they gave 'Locks even more cheap masochistic thrills in U'G), and Hunter beast spam.

Even if it means swapping in a couple of weapons and/or the old standby Equality/Consecrate for board control... I'm not sure how long-term viable this deck is, given the monstrosities that U'G has unleashed on the HS world.

12 minutes ago, Sableflame said:

I do enjoy Murloc decks (at least on the giving side, not so much the receiving side!)... but I have to echo what some others have hinted at.  Without any hard removal, this deck HAS to win early, because there's too much midrange and end game AOE removal available, and it can't compete with things like Shaman/Warrior/Druid Taunt and/or gigantic minions, Warlock ramp (and they gave 'Locks even more cheap masochistic thrills in U'G), and Hunter beast spam.

Even if it means swapping in a couple of weapons and/or the old standby Equality/Consecrate for board control... I'm not sure how long-term viable this deck is, given the monstrosities that U'G has unleashed on the HS world.

Pretty much. Luckily, murloc synergy allows paladin to extremely aggressive, even past the possibilities of many non-murloc aggro decks. However, in order to do so, you need to have a great opening hand almost every time, which means adding weapons and situational cards might be too risky. Leeroy Jenkins, and to some extent Tirion Fordring are exceptions to this rule, as they fit the goal of the deck quite well.

I found this to be a good deck for learning how to play a murloc-based Paladain deck, only a few rare cards so its not dust heavy either. So I would say as a beginner/intermediate deck, this is pretty good.

Once you get the hang of it, throw in some weapons and buffs like Blessing of Kings and Truesilve Champion will give you more staying power and options; it also means you're not so one dimensional and even in the late game you have something to offer.

But again, this is a great deck to learn the basics of when to trade pieces with the opponent and when to just hold. 

Guest LaFigue

Hello guys !

I'm building the "Budget Aggro Paladin Deck" version of this deck, but i have just one copy of "Righteous Protector KFT", which card can I use insteaf of ?

Same problem with one copy of "Small-Time Recruits MSG"

Thanks for your help :D

33 minutes ago, Guest LaFigue said:

Hello guys !

I'm building the "Budget Aggro Paladin Deck" version of this deck, but i have just one copy of "Righteous Protector KFT", which card can I use insteaf of ?

Same problem with one copy of "Small-Time Recruits MSG"

Thanks for your help :D

You can include 2 Hydrologists until you get the cards you miss.

I was just wondering in which world is this here  a Budged Deck? :D

It cost more thank 4k dust, containing 8 epic cards from 4 different sets which makes it very likely that a newer player (or someone who invested into other decks and just wants to try this out) has to craft a least 6 epics they miss and maybe never use again if they don't enjoy the deck.

1 hour ago, Caldyrvan said:

I was just wondering in which world is this here  a Budged Deck? :D

It cost more thank 4k dust, containing 8 epic cards from 4 different sets which makes it very likely that a newer player (or someone who invested into other decks and just wants to try this out) has to craft a least 6 epics they miss and maybe never use again if they don't enjoy the deck.

We use Budget for decks that have had some of their more expensive cards replaced in order to lower the overall cost of the deck. It does not contain any legendary cards and the cost was reduced by 1200 dust, which is quite a lot for a new player. The cheapest aggro murloc decks do not work since Murloc Warleader nerf, as the hyper aggressive approach is more vulnerable to AoEs and trading. This results in pretty much all strong murloc aggro decks being somewhat expensive, 4k dust or more, limiting the budget options for the deck.

53 minutes ago, Caldyrvan said:

I agree still the budget tag feels wrong :D

That's why I preferred the old system for marking decks as budget. Decks that were "cheap" compared to the full deck (such as control warrior at 6k dust compared to 10k dust full version - this deck would have been in this category as well) has Mid Budget tag, while decks that were really cheap but didn't qualify for the Cheap tag (such as ramp druid at 1.4k dust) has Low Budget tag. This way it was easier to find the decks based on your collection. Not sure why that system was abandoned.

So yeah, I agree the current system is not the best one, as many of us are used to decks marked as budget to be sub-2k, but at the same time the decks really are budget versions.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the explanation. And it's not a big deal it was just, when I clicked on this deck, "8 epics? 4k dust? wtf?" :D

But if blizz continues to do as they do it looks like about 6k will be budget soon and the 10k just a mid budged. We already have decks which cost more than 12k. I always assume someone is not a cash cow so that will be like hell for every new or low time/money player especially if they find no fun in the cheaper classes like Hunter.

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1