Damien

Pirate Aggro Warrior Standard

25 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Pirate Aggro Warrior Gadgetzan Standard Deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This deck is complete cancer. It is more aggressive than the OG Undertaker Hunter. It is the epitome of what is wrong with hearthstone.  

 

With that said, I'm cruising up the ladder with this deck. Hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'me. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest Dude said:

This deck is complete cancer. It is more aggressive than the OG Undertaker Hunter. It is the epitome of what is wrong with hearthstone.  

 

With that said, I'm cruising up the ladder with this deck. Hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'me. 

I remember the days when I just couldnt climb without making a damn face hunter or secret pala, the game is always broken theres just changes in what decks are broken each expansion/adventure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about swapping Argent Horserider with Captain Greenskin for more weapon synergy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest Discogoatrider said:

What about swapping Argent Horserider with Captain Greenskin for more weapon synergy?

You can try, although Captain Greenskin is probably a bit too slow for this deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WedgeAntilles said:

Oh yes, of course, that should work well. :)

Thanks!

Anytime. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went from 19 to 14 last night with no losses using this exact list.  My last game was a turn 5 win against a mage and I had 11 extra damage sitting on the board after her life hit 0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Guest John said:

I went from 19 to 14 last night with no losses using this exact list.  My last game was a turn 5 win against a mage and I had 11 extra damage sitting on the board after her life hit 0.

That is the cancer that is Pirate warrior. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this deck and learning a lot but I am having trouble with shaman decks. Any card swaps that could possibly help when facing them since it seems to be every other game.

Appreciate the help 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest newtothis said:

Love this deck and learning a lot but I am having trouble with shaman decks. Any card swaps that could possibly help when facing them since it seems to be every other game.

Appreciate the help 

Not really, if you do not open well against shaman, you most likely lose. If they get control of the board with high enough hp, the game is most of the times over.

Now if you tech against shaman, you weaken your other matchups. Only think i would probably do, would be adding an Acidic Swamp Ooze for a Heroic Strike, Helps the aggro mirrors, and against shaman. But even this weakens your dmg output a bit.

In order to beat shamans more consistently you could try Hybrid dragon warrior

 

Edited by CodeRazor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd swap the Argent Horserider instead, especially if it's Shaman you have trouble with. Fiery War Axe + Heroic Strike is often the only way to deal with an early Mr. 7/7 for 4 mana without having to sacrifice your whole board to stop his rampage. (Not that eating 7 face damage is an attractive option, but Pirate Warrior coasts on "YOLO!" fumes quite often.) 

Edited by Keizoku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@WedgeAntilles

Gorehowl can replace Leeroy as a finishing move just fine. As for the other two replace them with bloodsail corsair x2. This also removes the need for a slime as most weapons start at 2 and they remove 1 durability. At this point you can keep in 1 Argent horseman or as I prefer to do include 1 more weapon Brass Knuckles. It almost eliminates hands with no weapons, but you end up with the reverse more often, but I would rather have to many weapons then to few... This is about as budget as you can do with this deck. Im not saying its better just cheaper and very nearly as effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest Bigfoot said:

why is Southsea Captain not part of this deck? would that not be more viable than, let's say... 1 heroic strike? 

Heroic Strike can be used as finisher, but also as spot removal; using your life total as yet another spendable resource in order to punch through. 

Southsea Captain is only useful if you have other pirates on the board, hence only when you are already ahead. Even if it would make your board marginally more resistant to a boardclear, it is in the end but a 'win-more' card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Keizoku said:

Heroic Strike can be used as finisher, but also as spot removal; using your life total as yet another spendable resource in order to punch through. 

Southsea Captain is only useful if you have other pirates on the board, hence only when you are already ahead. Even if it would make your board marginally more resistant to a boardclear, it is in the end but a 'win-more' card.

Fair enough, I see your point here - I haven't put that many games into the build yet (just to say that it's crazy and so far wins extremely easily - with that being said, i haven't played ladder in a long time so i've been facing really easy decks so far, i'm sure it'll be much tougher up the ladder) 

Just thought the extra push in the early game could possible finish it off earlier before board clears and such become an issue - so my thought process was that that would be more viable than a single finisher. 

 

Might give it a go - because so far heroic strike has been a fairly dead card in my hand, but again - i've been facing really easy decks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Guest Bigfoot said:

why is Southsea Captain not part of this deck? would that not be more viable than, let's say... 1 heroic strike? 

The way I see it, Heroic Strike gives you a guaranteed 4 damage to something for 2 mana. Southsea Captain costs 3 mana and there would have to be 4 pirates on board when you drop him to get 4 guaranteed damage off of him.

Pirate warriors excel at doing burst damage very quickly and cheaply, often sealing games before turn 7. the epic captain seems better in somewhat more slow pirate builds. (I don't think those exist atm.)

Edited by Shine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Southsea captain is used mostly by rogues .. I don't play argent horse or Leeroy (don't have him) instead I use 2  Naga Corsair and  replaced 1 mortal strike for 1 slam and 1 upgrade for 1 slam .. Thinking of using  crazed alchemist for Doomsayer .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, peekaboo said:

Southsea captain is used mostly by rogues .. I don't play argent horse or Leeroy (don't have him) instead I use 2  Naga Corsair and  replaced 1 mortal strike for 1 slam and 1 upgrade for 1 slam .. Thinking of using  crazed alchemist for Doomsayer .. 

Slams are too control as they cannot go face. You want to kill your opponent before you run out of cards, so the draw is not as important as in control warrior. The cards you removed have quite high damage output and should not be removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I removed the slams and Naga corsairs .. Used 2 Argent Horserider and 1 Argent Commander .. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This deck is in the top 3. How is this measured?
Is it the winrate that Sottle or his teammates has with the deck? Or is it the amout of comments the deck received?
I'm curious of what it means to be a deck in the top 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nuraldin said:

This deck is in the top 3. How is this measured?
Is it the winrate that Sottle or his teammates has with the deck? Or is it the amout of comments the deck received?
I'm curious of what it means to be a deck in the top 3. 

It's decided by views the deck gets - it's pretty much the top 3 most popular guides on our site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tech replacements: - 1 argent horserider, - 2 froathing berserker / +1 acidic swamp ooze, +1 crazed alchemist, +1 iron break owl. You can use any combination of these cards 

Budget replacements: - 1 leeroy jenkins, - 1 patches the pirate, - 1 sir finley mrgglton / +1 reckless rocketeer, +1 abusive sergeant, +1 argent squire. To be honest finley is little irreplaceble

Have a good day =) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Rogue Standard Un'Goro deck.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Genji build guide for Heroes of the Storm.
    • By Zadina

      The 97th Tavern Brawl is called 'An Ancient Recipe' and it offers players the chance to try out Journey to Un'Goro decks.
      The rules of this Brawl are simple: you choose a hero and you get a premade deck with the Un'Goro deck recipe for that class. The deck archetypes are the following and we even have guides for most of them:
      Quest Druid Dinomancer Hunter Elemental Mage (guide for almost identical deck here) Quest Paladin Quest Priest Quest Rogue Elemental Shaman Quest Warlock Quest Warrior All deck recipes have pretty good winning chances. This is a nice chance to play with cards you don't own and get to know the new Hearthstone expansion better.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Restoration Druid PvP guide for Legion.