L0rinda

Live Stream Reveals Eleven New Cards

Sign in to follow this  

14 posts in this topic

JMYThR2.jpg

11 new Journey to Un'Goro cards were revealed tonight on the Blizzard live stream.

11 new Journey to Un'Goro cards were revealed tonight on the Blizzard live stream.

Sean "Day9" Plott and Senior Designer Peter Whalen looked very comfortable doing the reveal show. Whalen led us through the new cards, while Day9 asked a lot of interesting questions about the design process.

HtkPhGO.png

There is going to be one Quest per class in Un'Goro, and today we were shown the Warlock one. The Portal is indestructable and produces two 3/2 Imps every turn. The Portal occupies a place on the game board. 

As always with early reveals, it is difficult to tell how the card will fit into a new meta, but it seems that this card can either be  played in a Zoo shell for huge amount of pressure, or in a very controlling build as a win condition. It seems like it will be a good card, but the best build will take a while to work out.

WjKxNMc.png

Three of the Legendary cards were revealed, and as you can see, they all have interesting new mechanics attached to them. Swamp King Dred looks overpowered at first glance, but it is worth bearing in mind that we have been told there will be cards in Un'Goro with the keyword Poison. (Cards that kill things when they damage them.) Poison is also one of the options available from Adapt, and so Dred will have some very cheap counters if he gets out of control.

Sherazin, Corpse Flower can be brought back to life by playing four cards in a turn. As a 5/3, this might not be enough to make the card particularly good, but it is definitely a mechanic we are likely to see again in the future.

Elise the Trailblazer is the second incarnation of Elise, and Blizzard have done a good job of retaining the flavour of the original. The Un'Goro pack that gets shuffled into your deck costs 2 mana, and when opened, the five cards are put into your hand. (No, you don't get to keep them after the game.) We have been told that "Elise is lucky", and that you can expect an average of about one Legendary in the pack. This should mean that Elise will become a very playable card in control decks.

LJkuHlv.png

There were two spells in the reveal, both of which seem to be aimed at casual players. Explore Un'Goro replaces your entire deck with 1 mana spells that Discover a card and seems to be unplayable in serious constructed decks. Dinosize also seems unplayable, but there is maybe some scope to use it with Windfury, or to protect a particularly important minion.

8oSyc0E.png

The minions revealed were generally interesting. Arcanologist seems to be a fixed version of Mad ScientistTar Creeper's mechanic is something I think we will see more of, it is important because it acknowledges that the player whose turn it is has a big advantage. The card having a bonus during the opponent's turn helps to balance this out. Golakka Crawler seems destined to become a favourite with players, although it remains to be seen if countering Pirates will be necessary. It seems logical that there might be an equivalent of this card that kills Golems.

If you didn't see the event live, and are interested in more than just the specifics of the new cards, the VoD of the show can be seen below.

Watch live video from PlayHearthstone on www.twitch.tv

The quest cards are really interesting. We now know priest is deathrattle and warlock is discard... can we assume shaman is overload? Also, curious to see what some less straight forward classes use (druid extra mana?) and the rewards look clearly control focused.

I really like the taunt boost mechanic as a clear way to push control/value mid-range decks forward. Really interesting mechanics and super curious to see how it keeps going. 

• Like 1

Looks like discard zoo will be able to survive the loss of Fist of Jaraxxus and zoo core cards (such as Imp Gang Boss).
Explore Un'goro looks like Renounce Darkness, but with lower risk and lower jackpot. I will definitely try the card.

So far no Ragers. I hope they will release at least one Rager, since this expansion brings Elemental tribe.

It's nice to see them finally print a discard-archetype warlock card that seems intended for control. We'll have to see if it makes the cut, and if zoo just plays it anyway. 

Gollaka Crawler may become a nice 2 drop for the beast druid if this archetype will become viable. Hunters will still have Kindly Grandmothers and Trogg Beastragers for their 2 drop slot but druid lose their Druid of the Saber and neutral Huge Toad.  

I love that warlocks quest is not a direct support for zoo. I was very afraid of something like - kill X of your own minions or play X demons. Don't get me wrong, I love zoo and hope it will be good, I just don't want it to be a sole warlock archetype after we lose Reno

Uhhh, all these cards looking pretty good so far (excluding Tar Creepers artwork...) .

But "Dinosize" unplayable? I dont know...I seems like a reasonable finisher to me (comparable to Pyroblast maybe). Maybe as a one-off in an aggressive Paladin-Deck.

10 hours ago, Laragon said:

The quest cards are really interesting. We now know priest is deathrattle and warlock is discard... can we assume shaman is overload? Also, curious to see what some less straight forward classes use (druid extra mana?) and the rewards look clearly control focused.

I really like the taunt boost mechanic as a clear way to push control/value mid-range decks forward. Really interesting mechanics and super curious to see how it keeps going. 

It seems to me, that Blizzard might use the new Quests to push different arch-types. Considering the other revealed cards, maybe Mage will get some sort of "Play X Secrets" or Paladin "target your minions with X spells". But also Overload and Combo seems logical.

5 hours ago, enviousmtg said:

It's nice to see them finally print a discard-archetype warlock card that seems intended for control. We'll have to see if it makes the cut, and if zoo just plays it anyway. 

But I can't really see the Warlock-Quest in a control-shell...I mean discarding random cards is basically the opposite of what control-decks want to do. Normaly you run some sort of finisher in your deck (like Lord Jaraxxus or an OTK-combo), that you want to keep in your hand until the time is right in the lategame. By discarding so much cards (6 in this case) you have a pretty high chance of crippling yourself. So yeah...I see this Quest mainly for more agressive decks, like Zoolock.

• Like 1

Dinosize for paladins, that will crush your face...  guess One copy of it is fine. In general I think it will be a great pick if you find it from Discover...
Fat Taunts are also nice, but right now I wont put too much hope in them. 

• Like 1

Is Explore Un'Goro a Warrior class card? Just assuming so from the red/brown-ish background colour.

1 hour ago, Taan said:

But "Dinosize" unplayable? I dont know...I seems like a reasonable finisher to me (comparable to Pyroblast maybe). Maybe as a one-off in an aggressive Paladin-Deck.

Pyroblast ignores taunts and can be played with an empty board, unlike Dinosize, which needs a minion that was played earlier, or a charge minion, but both are stopped by taunts, and there are a lot of taunts coming this expansion it seems.
It's too big to be in a pally deck currently, though maybe once some of the aggro pally cards are gone, it could be used in place of Ragnaros the Firelord as a finisher, since Rag will be gone as well.

21 minutes ago, Zadina said:

Is Explore Un'Goro a Warrior class card? Just assuming so from the red/brown-ish background colour.

Yeah, it is. I think warrior is a great class for this card, as his hero power can allow him to pay extra mana for the discover.

13 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Looks like discard zoo will be able to survive the loss of Fist of Jaraxxus and zoo core cards (such as Imp Gang Boss).
Explore Un'goro looks like Renounce Darkness, but with lower risk and lower jackpot. I will definitely try the card.

So far no Ragers. I hope they will release at least one Rager, since this expansion brings Elemental tribe.

I want to find a way to use it with Deathwing in control, though the odds are that doesn't make it into a guide!

14 minutes ago, Oddlane said:

Are quest rewards permanent?  Are you use the quest every game in order to use the reward?

The quest rewards may or may not be permanent. There are quests that are yet to be revealed. 
Yes, you need to complete the quest every game in order to reap the rewards.

Lakkari seems. . . a little underwhelming to me.  I find it hard to believe this will find its way into zoo, missing not only your one drop but discarding 6 cards?  That is difficult, considering when zoo plays doomguard on turn five it is not uncommon for them to discard nothing.  In control shells or midrange shells, jaraxxus just seems to be better in all but a few corner cases.

Elise is obviously insane in control v control match ups, if these become a thing in the next x pac, and control isn't shut out of the meta by jade, then she will be extremely powerful.

Sherazin feels like a stronger but slower shredder, which means I see a lot of potential, especially in the miracle shell, but I don't know if it will find a deck to fit into well since miracle is losing so many of its powerful cards with the rotation.  This, I feel, has the potential to be a sleeper hit in this set, just depends on if we see rogue decks able to meet its condition with ease.

If midrange hunter is actually a playable deck, I feel dred will see play in it or at least some of them, the ability to curve highmane into it is huge, on top of that you are almost guaranteed to get at least a 2 for one baring hard removal, and a lot of that is getting cycled out or might as well be (control warlock probably won't be a popular deck after reno rotates so you probably won't have to deal with blast crystals or siphons).  If adapt becomes a prevalent mechanic, it could be problematic though.  

Dinosize I think has a little potential, but ultimately I think its just too weak to actually see any competitive play.  It will pretty much always be overshadowed by lightlord, Tirion, and probably a few other big minions.

Explore Un'goro is a fun card, probably going to be bad, increasing the mana cost of everything you play by 1 will probably cause you to just get out tempoed, even by other slow control decks.

Arcanologist is insane.  It has a full +1/+2 on novice engineer and lets you draw a specific card which tends to be stronger then drawing a random card from your deck.  You can build strategies completely around this card, it is obviously incredibly strong.  The downside is, secrets are slow, and if the meta doesn't slow down, this card might be pushed out in favor of more anti aggro options since the secret you are drawing is going to be a huge tempo loss.  There are some merits to drawing ice barrier with it against aggressive decks, and in fact playing only ice barriers if the meta is aggressive enough, but that will require some testing before we can definitively say how good/bad that will be, but I suspect there will be better options available to control mages for anti aggro tech.

Tar Creeper, a 3 mana senjin shield masta for control decks, it is a great anti aggro tech card, better then second rate bruiser as well, since its effect isn't conditional on the enemy board state, great all around card.

Tortollan Shellraiser this card has gotten a lot of hype, I don't much care for it.  2 attack is pretty low and there are a lot of important minions with 3 health in aggressive decks.  On top of that, priest of the feast is a 4 mana 3/6 and didn't see a whole lot of play in our aggro meta and it is arguably better.  Also, while it does synergize with the priest quest, I have my doubts that it will see play.

The felhound feels a tad on the weak side, doomguard is a lot better, like A LOT better.  You just don't get enough for having to discard two cards.  It might see play as a one of anti aggro tech card in discard zoo but I doubt it will see play without a large amount more support for the discarding cards thing.

The crawler feels a bit on the weak side for me, a 2 mana 2/3 is terrible, and becoming a 2 mana 3/4 that destroys a pirate just isn't a strong enough swing to justify it as a tech card against pirates unless like 70-80%+ of the meta becomes pirates.

Edited by VaraTreledees
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, VaraTreledees said:

The felhound feels a tad on the weak side, doomguard is a lot better, like A LOT better.  You just don't get enough for having to discard two cards.  It might see play as a one of anti aggro tech card in discard zoo but I doubt it will see play without a large amount more support for the discarding cards thing..

I think it may find its place as a tool to protect minions  that benefit from staying on the board like Darkshire Councilman. Yet we will likely need more minions with active abilities for this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Here's a roundup of all Midgame Moves for Hearthstone that have been published last week. The series is aimed at educating players and covers a variety of topics.
      Table of Contents 
      Part One: Do I Have Lethal? Part Two: Am I Dead? Part Three: Reading Your Opponent Part Four: When the Plan Falls Apart Part Five: Playing to Your Outs Part One: Do I Have Lethal? [Return to Top]
      Blizzard (Source)
      Welcome to Midgame Week! Previously, during Opening Moves Week, we looked at how Hearthstone pros navigate the first phase of the game—everything from choosing your win condition and building a deck to how to mulligan or play your first turns. In Midgame Week, we dissect the sequence of decisions a pro player makes each turn as they look to advance to the late game—and victory.
      The first question you should ask yourself every turn in the midgame is one that will come as no surprise to Hearthstone aficionados—can I win right now? Do I have lethal? To dig into that, we asked Raymond “rayC” Cipoletti of Panda Global for advice.
      “Frequently, even at the highest levels of play, we see players missing lethal,” rayC says. “Whether it’s an easy lethal or the most complex puzzle in Hearthstone, there are steps you should take every turn to ensure nothing is missed.”
      The first step? Take a deep breath. “You need to slow down,” rayC says. “The most common reason for missing lethal is simply playing too fast. Take your time to analyze the board state.”
      Once you’ve done this, run through your choices. “Think about every single option at your disposal—especially if your opponent is low on Health,” rayC says. “Go through every scenario with the cards you have in hand. You have until the rope starts to burn to make your actions, so make use of that time!”
      Accounting for your outs is important, too. “When I play any given turn, I treat it like a math problem,” rayC says. “Remember order of operations from math class? Sequencing applies to every turn of Hearthstone.” Sequencing is a skill players must work at constantly, but rayC suggests doing things like drawing cards once you’ve established you don’t already have lethal before taking any other actions.
      Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, check your work. “When you finally spot lethal, re-count it,” rayC says. “Make sure the math adds up. You never want to commit to a play only to realize you were off, and potentially lose because of it.”
      Part Two: Am I Dead? [Return to Top]
      Blizzard (Source)

To figure out whether your opponent is about to end the game is tricky. You have to evaluate the current board state, your opponent’s hand, what (if anything) you can do to prevent them from winning, and how that will impact your own game plan. For such a challenge, we asked the inimitable Edwin “HotMEOWTH” Cook—winner of the 2016 Americas Summer Championship—for help.
      Evaluating these variables is difficult, but sometimes your opponent will give you information. “It’s important to know when your opponent is showing signs of aggression or making riskier plays that might be setting up lethal,” HotMEOWTH says. “In a scenario where you are suspicious of your opponent setting up lethal the following turn, it’s important to track the cards they have left in their hand, cards left in their deck, and how much mana they will have available to figure out how much damage they can possibly do.”
      “One trick to find out if your opponent can kill you next turn is to track their hand and see if there are cards they have held for more than a few turns,” HotMEOWTH says. “If so, they might be holding onto dangerous burn spells or combo pieces.” (Hand-tracking is a skill unto itself, and the focus of tomorrow’s Midgame Week entry—so check back for that!)
      Mana considerations are hugely important as well. “Oftentimes, your opponent could have more than enough damage to win the game, but not enough mana to utilize all of those cards. Keep in mind whether you have to make the safest play—even if your opponent has held a few cards for a long time,” HotMEOWTH says. That’s especially great advice for facing off against aggressive decks.
      “If your opponent isn’t holding any specific cards, it’s still important to keep track of what’s left in their deck,” HotMEOWTH says. “What are the odds of them drawing a card that would allow them to win? Ask yourself whether you can afford to play safe and prevent it or not.” (We’ll also talk more about the strategy of playing to your outs later in Midgame Week.)
      Finally, your own Health is a crucial consideration. “When you’re facing opponents that are playing decks that can burst you down from a high Health total, it’s important to count the maximum damage they can do with their combos,” HotMEOWTH says. “For example, Druids can unleash large chunks of damage using Savage Roar with just a few minions on the board." If facing off against such a deck, he suggests playing minions with Taunt and making trades accordingly.
      Part Three: Reading Your Opponent [Return to Top]
      Blizzard (Source)

While you’ve been navigating the game—thinking every turn about whether you have lethal or if you can survive your opponent’s next turn—you also should be monitoring the state of your opponent’s hand and deck. Matthijs “Theo” Lieftink, a two-time representative of The Netherlands in the Hearthstone Global Games (HGG), has strong advice for anyone looking to improve their hand-reading skills, including how to bluff your opponent’s reads.
      “Hand-reading is an important part of pro-level play, and you can get an edge if you are doing it better than your opponent,” Theo says. His advice? “Keep track of how many cards your opponent keeps in the mulligan.” If they’re still holding one of those cards into the midgame, it’s probably a critical tech card or a high-value element of their strategy. Of course, “It depends on what your opponent is playing,” Theo adds.
      To learn hand-reading, he suggests thinking about what the absolute best play could have been every turn. If your opponent didn’t make the optimal play—for example, playing a Flamestrike on turn seven to clear your board of four-Health minions—that tells you that they probably didn’t have the tools to do so.
      Countering your opponent’s hand-reading is the next level of difficulty. “Bluffing that you do or don’t have a certain card can be done in several ways,” Theo says. He suggests making plays that suggest a specific follow-up for your next turn is in-hand, whether you’re holding it or not. “The same thing can be done the other way around—making worse plays to pretend you don’t have a certain card in hand.” He’s quick to point out, however, that this can be risky—your opponent might play around the card you’re hiding anyway. “It’s important to know when you can afford to bluff,” he says. “Making ‘worse’ plays to set something up can always backfire.”
      A special thanks to Theo for his continued provision of expert advice! Hand-reading is an enormously difficult skill to learn, and it’s one that even the best players continue to work at every day.
      Part Four: When the Plan Falls Apart [Return to Top]
      Blizzard (Source)

You had a grand plan. It was perfect. A flawless combination all but set up, waiting for that last crucial card—and then you realize that your opponent will win, unless you expend one of your key cards to stay in the game. Fear not! All is not necessarily lost, and Esteban “AKAWonder” Serrano of SK Gaming—a fixture of the European pro Hearthstone scene—will help you understand how to navigate what’s left when your deck’s win condition is scattered to the wind.
      Regardless of your deck style, AKAWonder says you must look for a new strategy if your original one has been derailed. “When you lose your win condition, you need to find an alternative plan to win the game," he says. "Most likely, your chances to win are lower than they were.” But so long as they aren't zero, you have a chance. He suggests looking for every point of win percentage you can, by any means possible.
      “In order to find an alternative plan, I think about different situations—denying my opponent their win condition, going to fatigue, or just creating pressure using minions,” AKAWonder says. He adds that certain cards can offer new outs all their own, like The Lich King.
      It’s not always easy, but practice helps. He says, “You need to find a new way to win—and the more you play a deck, the more alternative game plans you will discover for different matchups.” If you’re newer to Hearthstone, he says this is actually a valuable lesson to learn: “Your win condition is important, but not if you lose with it in your hand. Go for an alternative plan if the situation forces you to!”
      Sounds like AKAWonder recommends a whole string of keywords: you need to Discover new ways to play and Adapt to the situation! Every game is different, so playing with that in mind just makes sense.
      Part Five: Playing to Your Outs [Return to Top]
      Blizzard (Source)

There’s a surprisingly wide gulf between winning and not losing yet. A very kind Jace “DrJikininki” Garthright, best known for his 2017 Americas Winter Playoffs victory, lends us his guidance today to distinguish between the two, helping you to “play to your outs”—making sure you’re still working towards a game-winning play.
      “It’s important to ask yourself every turn—how can I win this game?” DrJikininki says. “Some games, you may have a very slim chance to win, but recognizing when you are in that situation and adapting is a very important skill.” He cautions against what may seem instinctual, which is to make the "safe" play each turn. “All players have a tendency to make plays that would be considered safer,” he says. “Plays as simple as trading into minions on the board to live for an extra turn.”
      But the concept of playing to live isn’t how you should play. “Use critical thinking about the potential reach in your opponent’s deck,” DrJikininki says. “Taking slim percentage chances is what you have to do sometimes!” His advice makes sense—evaluating how a given line of play sets you up to win later is incredibly important.
      Getting there takes time, so DrJikininki echoes what others have said: practice. “Next time you play a game and are in a losing position, ask yourself—what hands can you beat? What play with your hand leads to you winning the most often? This will help you out more than just playing a large number of games.” He notes that understanding the variables—your deck’s reach, your opponent’s deck’s reach, whether or not either deck can afford to play a value game, and more—all factor into those questions.
      That’s it! We hope you’ve enjoyed this series of educational snippets from pro players across the competitive Hearthstone landscape, and that Midgame Week inspires you to take your game to the next level.
      Which of this week’s skills do you think is most important? What advice would you offer other players looking to learn more about how to level up their play? Offer up your thoughts in the comments and stay tuned for even more pro player insight right here on playhearthstone.com/esports.
    • By Stan
      Blizzard posted changes to game mechanics that will be implemented with with the Boomsday Project 12.0 patch.
      Highlights
      Ghostly Charger will no longer have the Beast tag. Ixlid, Fungal Lord is losing the Elemental tag. Shifter Zerus, Molten Blade, and Shifting Scroll will no longer keep any enchantments when they transform. Voodoo Doll's curse will be broken if you transform the minion that's already been cursed by Voodoo Doll. The transformed (formerly cursed) minion will not be killed when Voodoo Doll dies. Shadowboxer will be updated to deal 1 damage to a random enemy, whenever a minion is healed. Players will be able to disenchant the card for its full Arcane Dust value for two weeks after 12.0 goes live. Blizzard (Source)
      Dr. Boom’s bringing more than just mayhem to the Netherstorm. The 12.0 update will also come with several rule changes to Hearthstone’s gameplay. Read on to learn about another minion Type update, the copy a card rule change and the transform rule change.
      More Minion Type Changes
      There was a ton of feedback following the last minion Type update we posted, and after reviewing all of it, we realized that there were a couple more minions that needed changing. Here are our decisions following the full review of your feedback.
      Ghostly Charger

We made a decision that, at least by default, spectral/undead/ghost/spirit versions of animals are not considered Beasts in Hearthstone. There are quite a lot of these sort of cards, most of which are already not Beasts, and changing them would have extensive balance implications.
      Ghostly Charger is one of those cards. Clearly a ghost in both its name and art, its Beast tag has also not been relevant in any significantly used interaction. As a result, we’re planning to remove the Beast tag in a future update.
      In the much rarer case of spectral/undead/ghost/spirit versions of Dragons, Murlocs, Pirates, and Elementals, they will still remain their Type. There aren’t a whole lot of these cards, but there are a few, and they’re already consistently their type. Examples of these are Ghost Light Angler, Cursed Castaway, Bone Drake.
      Ixlid, Fungal Lord

World of Warcraft uses a looser definition of Elemental than what we decided to standardize on for Hearthstone. In Hearthstone, an elemental is something that has been brought to life by being inhabited by an elemental spirit, but is otherwise not alive. These are easy to recognize: a Fire Elemental looks like a living creature made out of fire; A Water Elemental looks like a living creature made out of water.
      One of the biggest outliers to this definition are plant creatures. There are a ton of minions in Hearthstone that are some sort of plant. We’ve decided that these do not count as Elementals in Hearthstone. Examples of these include The Voraxx, Fen Creeper, Biteweed, Vilespine Slayer, Rotten Applebaum.
      Ixlid, Fungal Lord, is by this definition, a plant creature. Although we’re committed to consistency, there are also other criteria that we consider when changing card Types. One of them is how often a card’s current Type matters when it comes to interacting with other cards. Ixlid’s Elemental tag is not significantly used in current decks, so we’ve decided to remove it in a future update.
      We also looked at the following minions but decided against making any changes. We’ve included our thought process as to how we came to our decisions with these cards.
      Kindly Grandmother
      Kindly Grandmother/Big Bad Wolf looks like a Worgen (which are not considered Beasts) but is actually some other sort of wolf-like creature that is a Beast. The Beast tag is also extremely relevant to its gameplay, and defines most of the card’s intended usage. With this in mind, we will not be changing Kindly Grandmother’s/Big Bad Wolf’s Type. In the future, we’ll be more careful to make the art clear when it comes to Worgen or similar races.
      Arcane Giant  & Arcane Golem
      On top of Elementals and plant creatures, there’s another category of things that have been brought to life via magical animation. These are creatures like War Golem, Arcane Giant, and Avian Watcher—which are not Elementals.
      Arcane Giant, Arcane Golem, and The Curator are all examples of another sort of creature collectively referred to as Arcane Golems. These mechanical constructs utilize arcane energy as a power source, with The Curator being a Mech Type as part of his character in the One Night in Karazhan Adventure. This is actually subtly different from something like War Golem, which is carved from stone and then magically animated. While the “golem” definition refers to something that has been magically animated and is therefore neither a Mech nor Elemental, both Arcane Giant and Arcane Golem’s card art don’t clearly show them to be one or the other. Since the correct type for these creatures is so unclear, we will be leaving them unchanged for now, but would love to hear what you think.
      Bogshaper
      Bogshaper seems to be the same type of creature as Ixlid or Fen Creeper, and that would logically lead to removal of its Elemental tag. However, as mentioned above, we look at more than just the fantasy of a card when determining if it needs a Type change. While Bogshaper’s fantasy criteria checkbox is filled, it’s currently heavily utilized in the meta, and features in many decks, including that of the 2018 Summer Champion, Bunnyhoppor.
      We are holding off on changing Bogshaper's Type for now, but would love to hear what the community thinks we should do in this case. We’re also considering making this sort of change when a card rotates to Wild.
      Copy A Card Rule Change

Card copies currently only retain enchantments when both the original card and its copy are in play—think Molten Reflection. In Update 12.0, this rule will be updated to match the one regarding enchantments being retained when a card transitions zones.
      Zones in Hearthstone are defined as areas where cards are hosted: your deck, your hand, in play, and in the graveyard. In Hearthstone, there is a general forward-moving flow through zones. Whenever a card moves forward in that flow (Deck -> Hand, Hand -> Play, Deck -> Play), it retains enchantments. If a card moves backwards in zones (Play -> Hand, Hand -> Deck, Play -> Deck, Play/Hand/Deck -> Graveyard and Graveyard -> Play/Hand/Deck), it loses enchantments.
      With this update, card copies will retain enchantments in the following scenarios.
      Cards that are resurrected currently do not and will continue not to retain any enchantments, unless specifically stated otherwise. If you copy a card from a deck to a deck, the copy retains enchantments. (eg. Archbishop Benedictus) If you copy a card from a hand to a hand, the copy retains enchantments. (eg. Mind Vision) If you copy a card from play to play, the copy retains enchantments. (eg. Molten Reflection) If you copy a card from a deck to a hand, the copy retains enchantments. (eg. Thoughtsteal) If you copy a card from a deck to play, the copy retains enchantments. (eg. Mindgames) If you copy a card from hand to play, the copy retains enchantments. (eg. Kobold Illusionist) Transform Rule Change
      When transformed, a Hearthstone card typically loses all of its enchantment. Most cards in game already obey this rule. However, there are four cards that we are changing to keep in line with the rule, as part of this consistency pass.

Shifter Zerus, Molten Blade, and Shifting Scroll all transform in your hand at the start of every turn. Following the 12.0 update, they will no longer keep any enchantments when they transform. This includes things like hand buffs and Emperor Thaurissan mana-cost discounts.

The impact on Voodoo Doll is a little different with the update. If you transform the minion that’s already been cursed by Voodoo Doll, the curse will be broken, and the transformed (and formerly cursed) minion will not be killed when Voodoo Doll dies. Silencing the cursed minion will also break the curse, in addition to silencing the Voodoo Doll.
      Shadowboxer Update

Since the creation of the Lifesteal keyword, Shadowboxer has been a high risk card, in that it can trigger off of itself and deal up to 30 damage in one turn if you ever give it Lifesteal. Because of this, we have changed it to: Whenever a minion is healed, deal 1 damage to a random enemy.
      Once Shadowboxer's card change is live with Update 12.0, players will be able to disenchant it for its full Arcane Dust value for two weeks.
      These are all the changes that you’ll see come into effect with Update 12.0, in line with our commitment to consistency within the game. Let us know what you think in the comments below, or via Facebook and Twitter!
    • By Aleco
      Will these three new Treant cards see play in the meta? Or will they come up short like the hand-size cards from The Witchwood?

Three new Treant-themed cards were revealed today by PCGamer:

First up we have Dendrologist. The floor on this card is solid, as a 2 Mana 2/3 is passable in a pinch. The ceiling on Dendrologist is higher than you might think, as his Battlecry is quite strong. Druid might have more high-quality spells than any other class in the game (Wild Growth, Nourish, Ultimate Infestation, Branching Paths, Naturalize, and Savage Roar to name a few), which leads me to believe that Dendrologist will be a powerhouse if Druid gets sufficient Treant support in this expansion.

3 Mana for 4/4 worth of stats is already a great deal on its own, and the added Treant synergy puts this card over the top. The fact that this card creates two bodies makes it even better in aggro decks that look to go wide and finish with cards like Fungalmancer. This is a very reasonable card to curve into on turn 3, and it hints that the Treant deck will likely be quite aggressive.

Finally we get Mulchmuncher, a big fat Mech with Rush and a dangerously tempting Mana reduction effect. We know from experience with Corridor Creeper and Giant cards how strong it can be to play big Minions for low amounts of Mana, but it won't be that easy to reduce Mulchmuncher's cost. If the Mana Treants from Living Mana count as Treants for this card, then I can easily see Mulchmuncher as finisher in an aggressive Treant decks.
      Will these new Treant cards turn Force of Nature and Witchwood Apple into playable cards? Or do you think the Treant cards will fall flat like the hand-size cards from The Witchwood? Let us know in the comment section, and be sure to check out our Boomsday Hub for more spoilers from the upcoming expansion.
    • By Aleco
      The latest Hearthside Chat with Peter Whalen revealed Supercollider, Flobbidinous Floop, and Whizbang the Wonderful from The Boomsday Project.

In the latest Hearthside Chat, Senior Game Designer Peter Whalen explained some of the themes (science) and inspirations (more science) for The Boomsday Project. In doing so, he spoiled three new incredibly exciting cards. If you're interested in watching the video (which is just 4:59 seconds long), you can do so right here:

Card Reveals

This card gets an "A" for flavor, as I don't think its possible to come up with a better design for a card called "Supercollider" in a science-themed set.
      This Warrior weapon has the potential to be a 2 or 3 for 1, as it can set up trades quite easily if you attack your opponent's largest minion with it. However, attacking your opponent's largest minion means you will also be dealing plenty of face damage to yourself, making high amounts of armor gain a requirement for putting this card in your deck. For that reason, Supercollider plays excellently with Baku the Mooneater, and I expect it to see play in Odd Warrior decks.

Next up is another card with an excellent name, Flobbidinous Floop. This guy provides a Faceless Manipulator-style effect for Druid decks for just 4 Mana, which will almost certainly make him a combo piece in a variety of Druid decks. Between Innervate, Twig of the World Tree, and Biology Project, there will almost certainly a few new OTKs with Flobbidinous Floop. He can also be used in Big Druid decks one turn after playing a huge minion, such as Ysera, Hadronox, or The Lich King, to become a 3/4 copy of a card with a powerful effect. Expect to see plenty of Flobbidinious Floop in the new meta!

Next we get Whizbang the Wonderful, which is one of the most unique and exciting cards in the history of Hearthstone. What does he do? Let me show you:

Whizbang the Wonderful replaces your entire deck. He replaces your hero, and he names your new deck "Whizbang is Wonderful". When you enter a game with this deck, you will be randomly handed 1 of 18 recent deck recipes by Blizzard at the start of the game.
      Will Whizbang be competitively viable? Almost certainly not, but I think that question is almost entirely missing the point. By adding Whizbang to the game, Blizzard has offered new players a way to access 18 different for just 1600 dust! Though its unlikely these 18 premade decks will be 100% meta optimal, they will almost certainly be viable enough for newer players to climb the earlier ranks while playing a wide variety of decks and learning new cards. This is the closest thing that Blizzard will probably ever do to selling pre-constructed decks (something that many other cards games do), which in my eyes is a major step forward. Will tryhards be disappointed when they open Whizbang? Probably. But not every Legendary minion needs to be a home run for the hardcore audience. Whizbang is the new player's best friend, and will surely add much more joy to the game of Hearthstone than he takes away.
      What do you think about today's spoilers? Will Supercollider see play? Can you find any new OTKs with Flobbidinous Floop? And are you as excited about Whizbang the Wonderful as I am? Let us know in the comments what you think about these new cards, and be sure to check out our Boomsday Hub for more spoilers from the upcoming expansion.
    • By Aleco
      A callback to Annoy-o-Tron, this new Mech card could be a serious player in the meta.

Episode 2 of "Enter Boom Labs" has revealed another new Magnetic card from The Boomsday Project, called Annoy-o-Module:

A callback to Annoy-o-Tron, this guy gains Magnetic and 1/2 worth of stats for just 2 Mana! The stats and keywords this card instantly adds to another Mech seem quite strong when you compare it to Blessing of Kings, which adds 2 more Attack to a minion but does not add Divine Shield and Taunt. This card isn't awful when played on it's own, and it plays well in a deck with Corpsetaker. Annoy-o-Module checks enough for boxes for me, and I full expect it to see play in the upcoming meta.
      Episode 2 of "Enter Boom Labs" is short but sweet, and you can watch the full video right here:

Do you think Annoy-o-Module impact the game as much as Annoy-o-Tron did? Let us know in the comment section, and be sure to check out our Boomsday Hub for more spoilers from the upcoming expansion.