FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Mecha'thun Priest

I had an idea that I'm trying to build in wild now, but it could actually work in standard: if you have only 2 deathrattle minion in your deck (one of them is Mecha'Thun, the other can be anything, like draw or Coffin Crasher), you can resurrect exactly them with Twilight's Call and then kill them with Spirit Lash!

It seems good but I need to elaborate it better ?

Please explain why Circle of Healing is in this deck, it's not like there are that many minions to heal up? Is it to trigger Wild Pyromancer? Is it to massively draw cards? Why not use Silence instead?

The 2x Doomcaller seem handy enough, but together with Shadow Word: Pain it seems like overkill to me.

Thinking about:
-2 Shadow Word: Pain // +2 Loot Hoarder

-2 Circle of Healing // +2 Silence

And what do you normally target with Shadow Visions?

10 hours ago, Sarasin said:

Please explain why Circle of Healing is in this deck, is it to massively draw cards?

Exactly. You want to powerdraw through your deck at high speed.

11 hours ago, Sarasin said:

Why not use Silence instead?

Silence is mostly a dead card in this deck. You don't play Humongous Flower or anything that needs silenced on your side, it doesn't draw you anything and merely diminishes threats on the other side of the board rather than eliminating them outright. Sure, it could come in handy at times to deal with a souped-up Divine Shield/Lifesteal/Windfury/Poisonous/Deathrattle/... mech, but unless you run into those constantly I wouldn't bother. You have a single wincon, have the whole of your deck work toward it.

The 2x Doomcaller seem handy enough, but together with Shadow Word: Pain it seems like overkill to me.

It really, really, REALLY isn't. You barely have any minions to offer even a token contest of the board, so you must stall for time. Hard.

And what do you normally target with Shadow Visions?

It will depend on how the game is going, but either Circle of Healing for even more draw, Divine Hymn to heal up or Shadow Word: Pain. You'd be surprised how vulnerable this deck is to simply being rushed down despite the plethora of defensive tools. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. Seems people are far more prepared for this deck now, than when I started playing it ? Having trouble with Demonic Project especially, so my question is:

If the card hits out any of the combo-cards (except Mecha'thun), how can the deck still win? And what would be the way to do it?

16 hours ago, Sarasin said:

If the card hits out any of the combo-cards (except Mecha'thun), how can the deck still win? And what would be the way to do it?

Most of the time you will be unable to do the OTK, and will have to hope that your opponent will not interact with your board in such a way that the combo will not go off (basically that he won't kill off your Mecha'thun before your hand and board is empty). The way to do this depends on what deck your opponent is running, the situation of the board and so on. However, most of the time, it won't go well for you, which is why Demonic Project is insanely good against all combo decks. If you face decks that run the card too often, definitely stop running this run.