Overwatch Hybrid Game Mode Guide
Table of Contents
In this section, we explain the Quick Play rules. In Competitive mode, while generally similar, there are some notable differences when it comes to determined the winner. We explain this in our Competitive Rules guide.
In Hybrid, the attackers start out with the objective of capturing a point in the allotted amount of time (5 minutes). Once this happens, a payload will be unlocked at the location of the captured point, which the attackers must then push forward to its final destination.
Each of the 3 Hybrid maps has 2 checkpoints for the payload to reach along its path. After capturing the payload, you receive 3 minutes of additional time and each checkpoint reached adds another 2 minutes.
The individual elements of the Hybrid Game Mode work exactly as they do in their original Game Modes.
On Hybrid maps, Overtime is triggered in exactly the same way as in Payload and Point Capture maps.
There are currently 3 Hybrid Maps in Overwatch.
- King's Row
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Why Overwatch Doesn't Have Fall Damage
- PTR Patch Notes, Jan 30: New Map, Damage Changes
- Lunar New Year Event and Patch Notes: Jan 24th
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Three More Lunar New Year Skins
- Overwatch Hanzo
- Overwatch Reaper
- Overwatch Lúcio
- Overwatch Ana
- Overwatch Zarya
- You Don’t Need to Buy A Virtual Ticket to Get the Sombra Skin
- Overwatch Winston
- Overwatch Tracer