Overwatch Hybrid Game Mode Guide
Table of Contents
In this section, we explain the Quick Play rules. In Competitive mode, while generally similar, there are some notable differences when it comes to determined the winner. We explain this in our Competitive Rules guide.
In Hybrid, the attackers start out with the objective of capturing a point in the allotted amount of time (5 minutes). Once this happens, a payload will be unlocked at the location of the captured point, which the attackers must then push forward to its final destination.
Each of the 3 Hybrid maps has 2 checkpoints for the payload to reach along its path. After capturing the payload, you receive 3 minutes of additional time and each checkpoint reached adds another 2 minutes.
The individual elements of the Hybrid Game Mode work exactly as they do in their original Game Modes.
On Hybrid maps, Overtime is triggered in exactly the same way as in Payload and Point Capture maps.
There are currently 3 Hybrid Maps in Overwatch.
- King's Row
- Junkertown, Mercy and D.Va: Sep 19 Patch Notes
- Free Overwatch Weekend Sep 22-25
- BlizzCon 2017 Virtual Ticket Rewards: Stormwind Skychaser & Orgrimmar Interceptor
- BlizzCon 2017 Goody Bag (via IGN)
- Junkertown Behind the Scenes Video
- BlizzCon 2017 Pre-Show Livestream: Sep 13
- Blizzard Arena Opens in Los Angeles
- Overwatch Digital Comic: "Wasted Land"
- Overwatch Animated Short - The Last Bastion
- [PC][NA/EU] Team Special Forces looking for all types of players
- Overwatch Doomfist
- Overwatch Orisa
- Overwatch Reaper
- Overwatch Payload
- Dance with me baby
- Sorry Sombra