Overwatch Hybrid Game Mode Guide
Table of Contents
In this section, we explain the Quick Play rules. In Competitive mode, while generally similar, there are some notable differences when it comes to determined the winner. We explain this in our Competitive Rules guide.
In Hybrid, the attackers start out with the objective of capturing a point in the allotted amount of time (5 minutes). Once this happens, a payload will be unlocked at the location of the captured point, which the attackers must then push forward to its final destination.
Each of the 3 Hybrid maps has 2 checkpoints for the payload to reach along its path. After capturing the payload, you receive 3 minutes of additional time and each checkpoint reached adds another 2 minutes.
The individual elements of the Hybrid Game Mode work exactly as they do in their original Game Modes.
On Hybrid maps, Overtime is triggered in exactly the same way as in Payload and Point Capture maps.
There are currently 3 Hybrid Maps in Overwatch.
- King's Row
- June 22nd PTR - Loot Box and Highlights Changes
- Twitch Prime Rewards for Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch
- Patch Notes for June 20th: Horizon Map Release
- News from the Kaplanverse
- Brian Holinka Leaves World of Warcraft Team
- Horizon Map Coming Next Week!
- Destiny 2 PC Release Date, Pre-Order Announced
- New Job Posting Hints at Remastering of Old Titles
- Overwatch Payload
- Dance with me baby
- Overwatch Orisa
- Sorry Sombra
- Overwatch Reaper
- Overwatch D.Va
- Overwatch LFG (EU)
- Are there plans to update the Overwatch section with the new content?