Overwatch Hybrid Game Mode Guide
Table of Contents
In this section, we explain the Quick Play rules. In Competitive mode, while generally similar, there are some notable differences when it comes to determined the winner. We explain this in our Competitive Rules guide.
In Hybrid, the attackers start out with the objective of capturing a point in the allotted amount of time (5 minutes). Once this happens, a payload will be unlocked at the location of the captured point, which the attackers must then push forward to its final destination.
Each of the 3 Hybrid maps has 2 checkpoints for the payload to reach along its path. After capturing the payload, you receive 3 minutes of additional time and each checkpoint reached adds another 2 minutes.
The individual elements of the Hybrid Game Mode work exactly as they do in their original Game Modes.
On Hybrid maps, Overtime is triggered in exactly the same way as in Payload and Point Capture maps.
There are currently 3 Hybrid Maps in Overwatch.
- King's Row
- Icy Veins Podcast: Episode #2
- Overwatch Hits 35 Million Players
- Lucio and Mercy Movement: Oct 17 Patch Notes
- Local Currency Update Coming to Blizzard Battle.net in Canada, Japan & New Zealand
- More Mercy and Lucio Changes on the PTR
- Ult Meter Changes and More: Oct 10 Patch Notes
- BlizzCon 2017: All In-Game Rewards
- Halloween Terror Is Here! Trailer, Skins and More
- Is Anna ever getting a guide?
- Overwatch gameplay + anime music
- Overwatch Animated Short - The Last Bastion
- [PC][NA/EU] Team Special Forces looking for all types of players
- Overwatch Doomfist
- Overwatch Orisa
- Overwatch Reaper
- Overwatch Payload