Brigitte Guide “I will be your shield.”
Table of Contents
- +Abilities and Strategy
- +Synergies and Matchups
Overview of Brigitte
Brigitte is an Off Support who, unlike other supports, shines brightest when used on the front lines. In fact, her primary damage (and the main vehicle for her area of effect heal Inspire) comes from a far-reaching melee attack called Rocket Flail. Additionally, Brigitte is equipped with her Barrier Shield that protects her (and possibly one other teammate) from incoming damage. Therefore, when comparing Brigitte to other heroes, she is most like Reinhardt, and could be placed as a "support-tank"
Brigitte surpasses all other support heroes as the "tankiest" support in Overwatch. She has a health pool of 250, made up of 200 Regular Health and 50 Armor. Her ultimate, Rally, can increase Brigitte's health pool to 350, with 200 regular health and 150 armor. Brigitte also has some of the best Self-Sustain of all Overwatch supports, with only Moira's Biotic Grasp (RMB) healing more personal damage in the thick of a fight. Although Brigitte's Inspire does not self-heal as much as Moira's Biotic Grasp, it does simultaneously heal other allies, making Inspire arguably one of the best heals in the game. To fight Brigitte's inability to use Inspire to heal allies from afar, Brigitte can use Repair Pack to help out from a distance.
As if a self-heal, a shield, and an insta-heal were not enough, Brigitte also has incredible Utility abilities. Brigitte's Shield Bash can be used to stun a pesky Flanker while her Whip Shot can help Peel enemies off of allies.
Brigitte's Rally Ultimate is an area of effect armor boost which grants allies up to 100 extra armor. This ultimate is the perfect rallying ability (hence the name) for teams who need to coordinate a push.
One of the best things about Brigitte is that she is easy to play due to her simple mechanics. Players should be able to master her quickly, helping players round out their hero utilization should they typically steer clear of the support role. Additionally, Brigitte's ease of use allows players to default to her when they need to Fill for a poor Team Composition. Also, the simplicity of her mechanics should help new players get a feel for the support role without having to rely heavily on team members or skill shots.
Brigitte works best with teams who gather around her and fight together. Due to her lack of Mobility, Brigitte is not the best support to pick when allies choose a highly mobile composition. However, when enemies choose a dive composition, Brigitte acts as a direct counter to her opponents' plans.
- High self-sustain (when compared to other supports)
- Extremely tanky
- Straightforward and simple mechanics
- Viability that scales with skill level
- Can fend for herself
- Poor mobility
- Lacks efficient medium and long range healing
- Lowest DPS potential of all supports
Brigitte Is Strong Against
Brigitte TL;DR Tips
- It is fun to use Rocket Flail like you are Reinhardt, but your true potential lies in healing your team with Inspire and looking for opportunities to Crowd Control opponents.
- Use Shield Bash to: cross gaps, jump in front of allies who need cover, and to duel enemies.
- Never use Rally when a powerful enemy ultimate is already in use. Rally takes time to assist allies, so it should be used proactively instead of reactively.
- If under fire, use Barrier Shield to hide while Inspire heals you over time. If you are close to death and Inspire is not trigged, try to Shield Bash an enemy, trigger Inspire by using Rocket Flail, then hide behind Barrier Shield.
About our Author
Mournflakes is a flex Grandmaster Overwatch player who boasts a career high SR rating of 4433. His favorite heroes are Roadhog, Soldier: 76, and Ana. He has played Overwatch since its initial release, and has put over 700 hours into competitive play. When not writing guides, you can catch Mournflakes streaming on his Twitch channel.
Reading Further for Brigitte
To take things further, we have 4 more pages that you can read:
- Abilities and Strategy: an overview of your hero's abilities and how to use them;
- Playstyle: a detailed explanation on how to play your hero;
- Maps: how to make the best use of your hero on each map;
- Synergies and Matchups: where we detail your synergies, your counters, and the heroes you work well against.
- 10 Oct. 2018 (abilities page): Updated Barrier Shield's health from 600 to 500.
- 23 Mar. 2018 (abilities page): Updated Inspire section to reflect changes in patch 1.24.
- 11 Mar. 2018 (this page): Guide created.
- +Abilities and Strategy
- +Synergies and Matchups
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- The Blizzard Gear Fest Has Begun!
- BlizzConline 2021 Will Be Free to Watch!
- David Kim, Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer Moves to WoW
- Activision Blizzard Q3 2020 Earnings Call
- Chris Metzen Unveils Warchief Gaming Tabletop Game Company
- Dave Kosak Leaves Blizzard After 12 Years