Mistweaver Monk Healing Mythic+ Tips — Dragonflight 10.2
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Mistweaver Monk in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
Mythic+ Guide for Mistweaver Monks
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more aabout it on our Dragonflight Mythic+ page below.
Dragonflight Season 3, again, has no seasonal affix. For a more in-depth look at the affixes in Season 3; check out our Affix guide
Talents for Mythic+
Generally, the following talents are ideal. However, you should adjust your build to meet the requirements of your group and the dungeon. You can directly import the talent tree below into the game with the following string:
These talents are most suited for Mythic+, but there is wiggle room depending on the dungeon / key level that you are doing. For example, if you find you aren't in need of extra defensive options, you can take points out of the right side of the tree , such as Fortifying Brew, and funnel those points towards Resonant Fists. Check out our Talent page for a more in-depth analysis of our available talents.
Rotation in Mythic+
The priority of your spell casts does not change in Mythic+. If you follow the guidelines laid out in the Rotation page linked below, you will still be casting optimally. All this means is you will generally not be casting Essence Font because there are not enough targets to make it worthwhile. However, there are exceptions to this, namely, if you need to heal and move at the same time or if you need to exploit the double Mastery procs from the Essence Font HoT to counter extreme group damage.
If you need the extra Mastery procs, it is best to cast Essence Font, then immediately cancel it by casting Vivify. The entire group will get an Essence Font buff within the first 0.8 seconds, so you do not need to worry about finishing the channel. Of course, if you think you can get away with finishing the channel without someone dying, then you should do that just to increase Mana efficiency.
It is also good to get your Essence Font HoT on our group before using Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane if you know a period of extreme group damage is about to happen.
However, these are niche scenarios, as Faeline Stomp will generally cover a good amount of your group with the HoT from Essence Font, as well as triggering your Ancient Teachings.
Mistweaver Monk Utility
Mistweavers bring a very diverse set of tools when to support a group during a dungeon. Multiple types of Crowd Control, diverse dispels that cover the most frequent debuff types, and a group-wide physical damage increase, just to name a few.
- Leg Sweep stuns all enemies within 6 yards for 3 seconds. AoE stuns are incredibly powerful in Mythic+, as they can be used to interrupt large groups of enemies while they are performing dangerous abilities.
- Detox removes all Poison, Disease, and Magic effects from the target. Poison and Disease effects are easily the most common debuff types found in Mythic+ that not all healers can remove. Monks being able to remove both of them makes us much more desirable for dungeons that have these dangerous effects.
- Ring of Peace creates an area with a 10-yard diameter for 5 seconds that knocks all enemies out of it and prevents them from coming back in. Against mobs that can be knocked back, this move is powerful for all the same reasons as Leg Sweep. However, it has other applications as well. This ability does not engage combat, so you are able to bump patrolling packs of mobs away from your group so they do not engage you at an inopportune time. Equally, it can be used to split dangerous mobs out of the current pack. The control that this one ability gives you over enemy mobs cannot be understated.
- Paralysis incapacitates an enemy for 60 seconds, rendering them unable to move or attack. Any damage done to the mob will remove this effect. Unlike some other forms of crowd control that are restricted by mob types, Paralysis works on any type of creature in the game. If the target can be crowd-controlled, Paralysis will work on them. Unlike Polymorph for example, if you walk within aggro range of a mob-controlled by Paralysis, they will aggro to you and will put you in combat. If you want to use Paralysis in order to skip trash, then you can try to pair it with Ring of Peace in order to knock them further away from the group, after you have Paralyzed them. The Paralysis will prevent them from walking back to their original location, so they will remain wherever they land until the effect wears off.
- Mystic Touch is applied to any enemy that you deal damage to and increases the physical damage they take by 5%.
- Touch of Death instantly kills a target with lower Health than you. This ability is very effective at helping to take care of high-priority targets.
- Provoke taunts the enemy, causing them to attack you instead of their current target while also giving them a moderate movement speed increase for a short time. This can be very useful for taking threat off of someone who might have otherwise been killed by the mob or helping the tank to reposition a specific enemy very quickly. When used in conjunction with your movement abilities listed below, Mistweavers can kite enemies very effectively.
- Tiger's Lust increases the target's movement speed by 70% for 6 seconds while also removing all roots and snares. This is very good for helping a slower teammate when they need a little boost, either to catch up to the group or to move out of a dangerous effect. The removal of slow and snares is also tremendously powerful in the right contexts.
- Roll is the Monk displacement ability. As mentioned above, this gives us excellent tools for kiting but also for dodging dangerous effects. It can also be used to quickly get yourself to the next trash pack and start drinking while your team catches up.
- Transcendence allows you to swap positions with a pre-placed spirit. Yet more in the way of our ability to kite dangerous foes. There are also rare niche situations in which this ability can be used to skip trash. If you are on a multi-seated mount, your passengers will be brought along when using this ability. Also, you can place a Transcendence spirit down in front of a trash pack you would like to skip and have your group pull the pack while you stay out of combat. Once the mobs run over your spirit and out of range, you can teleport behind them, have your group die, and then you can use Reawaken to resurrect them all past the pack.
- Spear Hand Strike allows you to interrupt an enemy spell cast, which oftentimes can mean the difference between life and death.
Gearing for Mythic+
Sadly, in spite of the fact that Mythic+ can scale into the hardest content in the game, Blizzard refuses to reward the upper echelons of that content in any way. As such, in order to obtain best-in-slot gear for Mythic+, you are required to raid. Check out our gearing page for more information.
In order to know which items to prioritize, make sure you are familiar with our recommended stat priority, which you can find on the stats page.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated Talents for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated Talents for Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Changed the Affix and Talent sections for Dragonflight Season 2.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated to reflect the 10.0.7 talent tree rework.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Updated to reflect the 10.0.5 talent tree rework.
- 13 Jan. 2023: Updated Talent recommendations and added a special mention for Mote of Sanctification.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)