Mistweaver Monk Healing Mythic+ Tips — Shadowlands 9.1
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Mistweaver Monk in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.1.
Mythic+ Guide for Mistweaver Monks
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more about it on our Shadowlands Mythic+ Season 2 page below.
Talents for Mythic+
Generally, the following talents are ideal, however you should adjust your build to meet the requirements of your group and the dungeon. For example, if you find yourself needing an extra cooldown to meet a burst window, then it might be wise to use Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane instead of Summon Jade Serpent Statue.
|15||✓ Mist Wrap||✗ Chi Wave||✓ Chi Burst|
|25||✗ Celerity||✓ Chi Torpedo||✓ Tiger's Lust|
|30||✓ Lifecycles||? Spirit of the Crane||✓ Mana Tea|
|35||✗ Tiger Tail Sweep||✗ Song of Chi-Ji||✓ Ring of Peace|
|40||✗ Healing Elixir||✓ Diffuse Magic||✓ Dampen Harm|
|45||✓ Summon Jade Serpent Statue||✗ Refreshing Jade Wind||? Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane|
|50||✗ Focused Thunder||✗ Upwelling||✓ Rising Mist|
These talents are most suited for Mythic+, but if you would like a more in-depth analysis of your available talents, then check out our Talent page.
Best Legendaries for Mythic+
Below are what we consider to be the two best Mythic+ Legendaries. Of course, you might find that another Legendary might counter a specific mechanic, but in general these two are the safest pick, most of the time.
- Tear of Morning is simply very powerful at both keeping a Tank, as well as your group alive. It allows part of your Enveloping Mist healing to duplicate onto your Renewing Mist targets, meaning when you are solo healing the Tank, you will also be keeping your group healthy as well.
- Ancient Teachings of the Monastery allows you to press Essence Font and then spend the rest of your time DPSing, until larger damage happens. Because of the manner in which this Legendary passively increases your DPS, it is a very desirable choice for Mythic+
Rotation in Mythic+
The priority of your spell casts does not change in Mythic+. If you follow the guidelines laid out in the Rotation page linked below, you will still be casting optimally. All this means is you will generally not be casting Essence Font because there are not enough targets to make it worthwhile. However, there are exceptions to this, namely if you need to heal and move at the same time, or if you need to exploit the double Mastery procs from the Essence Font HoT to counter extreme group damage.
If you need the extra Mastery procs, it is best to cast Essence Font, then immediately cancel it by casting Vivify. The entire group will get an Essence Font buff within the first 0.8 seconds so you do not need to worry about finishing the channel. Of course, if you think you can get away with finishing the channel without someone dying, then you should do that just to increase Mana efficiency.
Mistweaver Monk Utility
Mistweavers bring a very diverse set of tools when to support a group during a dungeon. Multiple types of Crowd Control, diverse dispels that cover the most frequent debuff types, and a group wide physical damage increase just to name a few.
- Leg Sweep stuns all enemies within 6 yards for 3 seconds. AoE stuns are incredibly powerful in Mythic+, as they can be used to interrupt large groups of enemies while they are performing dangerous abilities.
- Detox removes all Poison, Disease, and Magic effects from the target. Poison and Disease effects are easily the most common debuff types found in Mythic+ that not all healers can remove. Monks being able to remove both of them makes us much more desirable for dungeons that have these dangerous effects.
- Ring of Peace creates an area with a 10-yard diameter for 5 seconds that knocks all enemies out of it, and prevents them from coming back in. Against mobs that can be knocked back, this move is powerful for all the same reasons as Leg Sweep, however it has other applications as well. This ability does not engage combat, so you are able to bump patrolling packs of mobs away from your group, so they do not engage you at an inopportune time. Equally, it can be used to split dangerous mobs out of the current pack. The control that this one ability gives you over enemy mobs cannot be understated.
- Paralysis incapacitates an enemy for 60 seconds, rendering them unable to move or attack. Any damage done to the mob will remove this effect. Unlike some other forms of crowd control that are restricted by mob types, Paralysis works on any type of creature in the game. If the target can be crowd controlled, Paralysis will work on them. Unlike Polymorph for example, if you walk within aggro range of a mob controlled by Paralysis, they will aggro to you, and will put you in combat. If you want to use Paralysis in order to skip trash, then you can try to pair it with Ring of Peace in order to knock them further away from the group, after you have Paralyzed them. The Paralysis will prevent them from walking back to their original location, so they will remain wherever they land until the effect wears off.
- Mystic Touch is applied to any enemy that you deal damage to and increases the physical damage they take by 5%.
- Touch of Death instantly kills a target with lower Health than you. This ability is very effective at helping to take care of high priority targets.
- Provoke taunts the enemy causing them to attack you instead of their current target, while also giving them a moderate movement speed increase for a short time. This can be very useful for taking threat off of someone who might have otherwise been killed by the mob, or helping the tank to reposition a specific enemy very quickly. When used in conjunction with your movement abilities listed below, Mistweavers can kite enemies very effectively.
- Tiger's Lust increases the target's movement speed by 70% for 6 seconds, while also removing all roots and snares. This is very good for helping a slower teammate when they need a little boost, either to catch up to the group or to move out of a dangerous effect. The removal of slow and snares is also tremendously powerful in the right contexts.
- Roll is the Monk displacement ability. Like mentioned above, this gives us excellent tools for kiting, but also dodging dangerous affects. It can also be used to quickly get yourself to the next trash pack and start drinking while your team catches up.
- Transcendence allows you to swap positions with a pre-placed spirit. Yet more in the way of our ability to kite dangerous foes. There are also rare niche situations in which this ability can be used to skip trash. If you are on a multi-seated mount, your passengers will be brought along when using this ability. Also, you can place a Transcendence spirit down in front of a trash pack you would like to skip and have your group pull the pack while you stay out of combat. Once the mobs run over your spirit and out of range, you can teleport behind them, have your group die, and then you can use Reawaken to resurrect them all past the pack.
Gearing for Mythic+
Sadly, in spite of the fact that Mythic+ can scale into the hardest content in the game, Blizzard refuses to reward the upper echelons of that content in any way. As such, in order to obtain best-in-slot gear for Mythic+, you are required to raid. Check out our gearing page for more information.
In order to know which items to prioritize, make sure you are familiar with our recommended stat priority, which you can find on the stats page.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for 9.0.5.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page updated for the Release of Shadowlands. Removed Azerite Section, and Added a Legendary Section.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- J. Allen Brack's Internal Email to Blizzard Employees
- Domination Socket Helper Addon
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic Race: The Top 5
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 22nd
- Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Harrasment, Discrimination and More
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 21st
- Classic Torghast: 0 Score and Getting Stuck With Anima Power