Season of Discovery Beast Mastery Hunter DPS Talents and Runes
On this page, you will find out the best PvE talents for your Beast Mastery Hunter in WoW Classic — Season of Discovery, as well as advised runes.
Beast Mastery Hunter DPS Talent Build
These are going to be the optimal talent points to take at level 40 in Season of Discover, with little variation. If your goal is to do the most damage possible at level 40, this is your only real choice. Hunter does not have many alternative dps talents to take at this level, leaving these as the obvious choices. Improved Aspect of the Hawk is by far the most important, but as a Beast Mastery Hunter you will be locked into going down the tree and picking the only DPS increasing pet talents available. The full 31 points are required to pick up Bestial Wrath, which is an incredibly powerful cooldown.
Recommended Rune Engravings
- Pants — Kill Command
- Gloves — Beast Mastery
- Chest — Aspect of the Lion
- Belt — Expose Weakness
- Boots — Trap Launcher
For the gloves rune, while Beast Mastery is the only real choice since it will be the largest buff to your pet. In the current state of Season of Discovery, pets are more powerful than they've ever been in Classic WoW. Making your pet as strong as possible is the best choice, and Beast Mastery is currently the top Hunter spec for DPS output. In the same argument, Kill Command is an excellent choice for the pants rune. However, Flanking Strike is also a competitive option if you're going to be melee-weaving. For chest rune, Aspect of the Lion is the strongest option by far now that it is an aura. The additional stats scale the damage of both you and your pet, as well as providing an exceptionally powerful raid buff. For belt, Expose Weakness is going to be the obvious choice for the huge passive damage bonus it will provide. Finally, for boots, you'll either use Trap Launcher for shorter or AoE based encounters where traps are going to have an impact, otherwise you can use Invigoration for the mana sustain that will be invaluable on longer encounters.
More Engravings are likely to come out as we reach higher level caps, so make sure to checkout our general Runes guide to get a better understanding of what all tools you have available to your Hunter.
- 04 Feb. 2023: Updated for phase 2.
- 15 Dec. 2023: Updated with new rune recommendations.
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 27th
- Season of Discovery: XP Buff, Mount Discounts, Gold Buffs and Future Phase Plans
- New Rewards for Waylaid Supply Factions Now Live
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 26th
- (Updated) Upcoming Season of Discovery Phase 2 Class Tuning: February 27th
- WoW Hardcore Self-Found Mode Begins February 29th
- Dragonflight 10.2.5 and Season of Discovery Hotfixes, February 21st
- Gnomeregan Trinket Sends Player to Forbidden Zones in SoD Phase 2