Season of Discovery Fury Warrior DPS Guide
Welcome to our DPS Fury Warrior guide for WoW Classic - Season of Discovery, tailored for PvE content. Here, you will learn how to play the Warrior class as a DPS Fury Warrior. Click the links below to navigate the guide or read this page for a short introduction.
Late game Fury Warriors are the best DPS in WoW Classic, scaling extremely well from World Buffs and all offensive stats, making them a great investment for players who want to top the DPS meters and see huge numbers pop out constantly.
They also traditionally needed to suffer through the worst early game and leveling experience of any class as their core attacks and abilities are only unlocked late and traditionally are hard to use due to the lack of Rage available with low level gear. However, Season of Discovery brings new Rune powers that help immensely with Warrior leveling, as explained below.
DPS Warriors can also off-tank when needed, and often bring the Improved Battle Shout to their group, making them valuable DPS even beyond raw throughput.
- Can become an off-tank on some fights with little effort
- Highest damage potential in game when geared at later levels, due to great scaling
- Due to the way Rage works, you will never run out of resources, and the more damage you take, the more Rage you get to DPS with
- Gearing can be difficult, due to the high popularity of Warriors in groups
- Damage output can be heavily mitigated by high armor targets, such as most Gnomeregan bosses
- Can be squishy against non-Physical damage, as many of the core abilities, such as Berserker Stance, require taking extra damage for a DPS benefit
Season of Discovery
Fury Warriors in Season of Discovery are initially similar to Arms in the sense that two-handed weapons are recommended for leveling and can also be used for PvE DPS with great effect. They also have special perks and runes that enable good usage of Warrior dual-wield capabilities, such as Dual Wield Specialization and Single-Minded Fury.
Another new rune, Consumed By Rage, provides a way to gain a 20% damage Enrage effect without needing to be critically struck first, and being under Enrage's effect allows for Raging Blow to be used.
Other interesting runes include Flagellation, which turns Bloodrage and Berserker Rage into DPS cooldowns, Blood Surge which enables instant free Slams procs, and a choice between Enraged Regeneration or Rallying Cry, two great sources of survivability for you or also your group.
Frenzied Assault and Victory Rush are also both great additions for leveling and soloing Warriors of all specializations.
As the rotation, gearing options, and talent decisions for Fury Warrior have changed with the coming of Season of Discovery, browse the guides in the Table of Content at the top of this page to find all the information you'll need to master this new game mode!
We started this guide by stating that Fury Warriors will become the top dogs on the damage meters. The best way to ensure that you never leave the top is to spam as many Engineering crafts as you can afford. Take Mining along with it during the leveling trek because, otherwise, you will be running out of gold very fast!
Once maximum level, it is wise to combine Engineering with Blacksmithing, as there will be various new bind on pickup crafted gear that will be best in slot for each level bracket in SoD, such as Tempered Interference-Negating Helmet , with further important BoP crafts expected down the line.
Rune Engravings for Fury Warrior
The main feature of Season of Discovery is the new Rune Discovery system, which allows you to discover and attach special abilities to your gear slots after finding them across the world. We list all of Warrior's runes and where they can be located in the guide below:
- 15 Feb. 2024: Updated introduction for Phase 2.
- Blizzard on AoE Threat in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery and Classic Era Hotfixes: February 16th
- Additional Tuning Coming to Priests in Season of Discovery
- Gnomeregan SoD DPS and Healer Rankings: Week 1
- SoD Subjugate Demon Nerf Due to 5-Minute Control of Metamorphosis Warlocks
- Upcoming Season of Discovery Phase 2 Class Tuning: February 20th
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 14th
- Shadowfang Keep Teleport Available in Wrath Classic