Classic Guide to Hunters' Best Macros
Welcome to our Macros guide for Hunters where you will find out what the best macros are for your Hunter in WoW Classic.
While this is not an exhaustive list of all possible / useful macros, we will be exemplifying almost all macro functionalities below. Use these templates as an example and replace their spells with the ones you feel will be most useful to you, personally.
Classic Hunter Macro Templates
Auto Shot Macro
- #showtooltip Auto Shot
- /targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]
- /cast !Auto Shot
This is a simple macro that makes it so you cannot cancel your Auto Shot if you spam the button. Pressing this will always start an Auto Shot. This macro will also automatically target a viable enemy in front of you if you do not have something already targeted.
- /cast Raptor Strike
- /cast Mongoose Bite
Normally if you run into melee range to try and Raptor Strike your target, there will be a delay since your character will want to keep using your Auto Shot on the target. You will then only use your melee attack once clearly in melee range. This macro enables you to try and queue up a melee attack while running into melee range, allowing you to get your first hit off faster by canceling your ranged Auto Shots while running in.
Hunter's Mark Macro
- #showtooltip Hunter's Mark
- /cast Hunter's Mark
A simple but useful macro that commands your pet to attack a target while also casting Hunter's Mark on it. This is very useful for opening on new targets while soloing when you want your pet to tank.
Freezing Trap Macro
- #showtooltip Freezing Trap
- /cast Freezing Trap
- /cast [combat] Feign Death
- /petstay [@pettarget, harm]
- /petpassive [@pettarget, harm]
This will cast Feign Death and Freezing Trap, allowing you to instantly drop combat and place a freezing trap at the same time. This will also place your pet on passive, ensuring it does not break the trap.
Scatter Shot Macro
- #showtooltip Scatter Shot
- /cast Scatter Shot
Places your pet on passive when you cast Scatter Shot so your pet does not attack the target and break the disorientation effect.
- /cast Dash
One of the biggest signs of a good hunter is pet control. You need to be able to quickly and efficiently call your pet back to your side or send it out to attack depending on what is needed. This macro is meant to call your pet back to your side as quickly as possible. This should be complimented with pet attack macros on your abilities, such as on Hunter's Mark.
Classic Hunter Addons
Macros are very important in making your character play as smoothly as possible, but so do addons, for which reason we recommend that you also read our Hunter Addons page.
- 24 Feb. 2020: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: December 6th
- Actions Against Exploitative Accounts: November 2023
- Group Finder Tool Actually Exists in Classic WoW
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: December 5th
- Adjustments Coming to Ashenvale PvP Event in Season of Discovery
- Secret Rune Vendor Discovered in Season of Discovery
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: December 4th
- SoD Metamorphosis Rune Changes Coming Today or Tomorrow