Classic Guide to Shamans' Best Macros
Welcome to our Macros guide for Shamans where you will find out what the best macros are for your Shaman in WoW Classic.
The objective of our macros section will be to teach you some of the most common ways to build useful macros, such that you can copy-paste the code and just change the skills written, in order to expand the functionality to whichever skill you wish. Thus, we will avoid posting multiple versions of the same type of macro.
Macros for Shamans in WoW Classic
- #showtooltip Stormstrike
- /cast Stormstrike
Using attack skills such as Stormstrike does not start your auto attacks in WoW Classic, and as such, you should aim to use a macro such as the one above to easily engage enemies. If you want to use it with other skills, just copy the code and replace Stormstrike with the skill you wish to attack with.
- #showtooltip Earth Shock
- /cast Earth Shock
Sometimes, you really want to get a spell out as soon as possible, such as when using Earth Shock on an enemy caster. For these cases, it is very useful to have a /stopcasting macro, ensuring that your current cast does not interfere with the timing of your interrupt. Use it liberally with other types of crowd control, such as Iron Grenade.
- #showtooltip Chain Heal
- /cast [@mouseover] Chain Heal
While this type of macro can be used with crowd control or damage spells as well, it is especially useful while healing, as it allows you to instantly heal someone in your raid frames without needing to select them first. That will improve your reaction times, which are critical for healers, and allow you to keep an enemy target selected, to track their casts in case a quick interrupt is required.
Button Reduction Macros
One Button Buffing
- /castsequence reset=2 Lightning Shield, Windfury Weapon
This macro will allow you to quickly buff yourself, saving one button in the process. Since you will have to refresh Lightning Shield much more often than Windfury Weapon, the reset=2 condition allows you to do so efficiently, only doing the second quick press for Windfury Weapon when it has expired.
One Button Healing or DPSing
- /cast [@mouseover, help, nodead] Lesser Healing Wave;
- [harm, nodead] Lightning Bolt
This macro allows you to heal a friendly, alive mouseover target, or alternatively damage an enemy target with Lightning Bolt, saving you a button in the process.
Weapon Swap Macro
- /equip Tomahawk
- /equip Worn Large Shield
- /equip Large Axe
This macro allows you to swap between a defensive one-hand plus shield combination and an offensive two-hander weapon on each keypress. This is very useful to save time when swapping between styles in PvP.
Rare Tagging / Targeting Macro
- /target Kuz
- /cast Earth Shock
Shaman is probably the fastest tagger in WoW Classic, mostly due to Earth Shock being instant cast and often beating the instants of other classes. Make sure to use a macro like this one so that you never lose a tag battle with other groups!
Unstuck / Suicide Macro
- /click HelpFrameCharacterStuckStuck
- /run RepopMe()
When a leveling guide asks you to die in order to gain some time by instantly traveling to the graveyard, using this macro will get that done faster / less painfully than pulling multiple mobs and spamming /sit with your back turned to them.
"One Shot" Macro
- #showtooltip Elemental Mastery
- /use 13
- /use 10
- /cast Berserking
- /cast Elemental Mastery
- /castsequence reset=4 Chain Lightning, Earth Shock
The logic behind this macro is using every single cooldown available to us at the same time, followed by casting two of our most damaging spells, the latter of which is also instant and thus guaranteeing a massive burst of damage.
Classic Shaman Addons
Macros are very important in making your character play as smoothly as possible, but so do addons, for which reason we recommend that you also read our Shaman Addons page.
- 20 Jan. 2020: Split the page into Shaman macros and Shaman addons.
- 05 Jan. 2020: Added Details TinyThreat meter, GatherMate2, DejaClassicStats, ItemRack, WeaponSwingTimer and a ton of PvP addons. Removed Azeroth Auto-Pilot.
- 03 Sep. 2019: Added a PvP addon section with Spy Classic and Classic Castbars.
- 31 Aug. 2019: Added Auctionator and TomTom.
- 29 Aug. 2019: Added Guidelime and reworked the full addon section, should be much clearer what to use now.
- 12 Aug. 2019: Added Details, Twitch Emotes, ClassicThreatMeter, and changed some of the GitHub addon links to Curseforge for easier access.
- 04 Aug. 2019: Added a macro template for dealing damage and healing in a single button.
- 02 Aug. 2019: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Initial Tuning
- Living Flame (EU) Lone Wolf (EU) and Crusader Strike (US) Reams Temporarily Locked to New Players
- Population Caps Increased, New Realm Added to Season of Discovery
- Season of Discovery Now Live
- Season of Discovery PvP Rank Caps
- Season of Discovery WoWCast Episode
- Season of Discovery Guides
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?