Classic Hunter DPS Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best PvE gear and best in slot items for your Hunter DPS in WoW Classic.
Hunter Pre-Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List
Once you hit Level 60, you will want to start getting gear for raiding, PvP, or just to be stronger while you are out exploring the world. This is a list of the best gear to get before stepping into Molten Core and Onyxia's Lair.
One important thing to watch out for is your chance to hit. Remember that you only want to get a 9% increased chance to hit, no more. Once you have that, make sure to avoid pieces with chance to hit on them, so as not to waste stats. The full set of BiS gear below is crafted to get you exactly 9% hit, which means if you are missing some pieces of extra hit elsewhere, you may want to change some pieces around.
If you instead wish to collect a BiS set specifically for PvP, you can check out our dedicated PvP BiS page below.
|Quiver||BiS: Ribbly's Quiver||Ribbly Screwspigot in Blackrock Depths|
*The Beaststalker set is strong if you can get the 4-set bonus from using 4 of the pieces. Without 4 of the pieces, you are better off using other pieces instead.
**You craft the shells using Engineering and exchange them for the arrows at an NPC in Orgrimmar or Ironforge.
Hunter Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List
Below is the complete BiS list for Hunters based on what is currently obtainable in WoW Classic. An important note for Hunters is that eventually you should be trying to get the full 8-piece Giantstalker Armor set (Tier 1) for the 8-piece set bonus, which increases Multi-Shot damage by 15%. This is an incredibly strong set bonus, and makes wearing the full set worthwhile. While many Giantstalker pieces will be BiS anyways, several will not be considered "BiS" unless you are wearing the full set.
|Quiver||BiS: Ancient Sinew Wrapped Lamina||From the same quest chain as Rhok'delar|
Since weapons are such a broad topic, we have written a full guide about Hunter weapons. We also have a guide on how to obtain Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers.
Special gear for Hunters
Some items, which are not powerful enough to be in the best in slot list, have special properties that make them very valuable to acquire for specific encounters or as a weapon swap mid-fight. We will list the most notable special items for the current phase, and their effects and application below.
- Gnomish Battle Chicken summons a chicken that attacks your enemies for 1.5 minutes, with a cooldown of 30 minutes. The chicken scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill), and buffs your group with 5% increased Attack Speed through Battle Squawk. This is what makes it well worth using while grouped.
- Arcanite Dragonling summons a dragon that attacks your enemies for up to 1 minute, with a cooldown of one hour. The dragon scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill) and causes a stacking debuff that increases Fire damage taken, which makes it worth using in later raids to boost Fire Mage damage.
- Skull of Impending Doom is given as a quest reward from completing Forbidden Knowledge in the Badlands. While generally undesirable, if you need to run somewhere fast, it can be a useful item to have.
- Furbolg Medicine Pouch is sold by Gorn One Eye when you reach Honored status with Timbermaw Hold. This is a great item that you can swap during combat to provide you with a significant 1000 heal over 10 seconds. For comparison's sake, Heavy Runecloth Bandage heals you for 2000 over 8 seconds, but requires you to channel it, and you cannot take any sort of damage in the channel duration.
- Tidal Charm allows you to instantly stun an enemy for 3 seconds. It has a 50% drop chance from Prince Nazjak, who spawns around 25,84 in Arathi Highlands. Due to his very high respawn timer it might be hard to get this trinket, but the stun it provides is a life saver and duel winner.
- Linken's Boomerang allows you to potentially disarm or stun an enemy when used, which makes it useful in certain scenarios, especially in PvP. Its rewarded from the Un'Goro Crater quest It's Dangerous to Go Alone.
- Luffa removes a bleed effect, such as Garrote, from yourself when used. You get this item from the Searing Gorge quest Incendosaurs? Whateverosaur is More Like It.
- Crystal of Zin-Malor allows you to kill yourself easily, and you do not get durability loss if you die from its effect. This can occasionally be useful, such as when you regret getting on a fly path after you are already flying or if you need to talk with the Blackrock Depths key ghost NPC. You get it from starting the quest Tormented By the Past.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Added link to PvP BiS section.
- 05 Nov. 2019: Added Raid BiS list.
- 22 Oct. 2019: Updated Pre-Raid BiS to include Dire Maul.
- 25 Sep. 2019: Updated list to specify what is BiS, and made some changes to reflect 1.4 drops.
- 12 Jun. 2019: Page added.
- Mists of Pandaria and WC3: Reforged 8K Upscaled Cinematics
- Diablo 2 Median XL Mod Patch 1.40 Released
- Path of Diablo (2) Season 9 Brings a New Skill, Widescreen Support, Trade 2.0 and More
- WoW Classic Phase 3 Release Date for Blackwing Lair and More
- Warcraft 3: Reforged and StarCraft 2 Join the ESL
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug" List Update: January 7th
- WoW Classic Hotfixes: January 7th
- Diablo 2 Fan Remaster / Upscale Project
- 3rd Pet
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Knights Who Say Ni @ Staghelm
- Quests Completed for Classic
- Hunter Ranged weapon recommendation is wrong
- [A][US][Kromcrush]Retrofeels | WoW Classic | Tues | 7:30 PM-10:30 PM ET
- Pet Aggro vs Hunter Aggro
- Weapon swing Timers