Season of Discovery Restoration Shaman Healer Talents and Runes
On this page, you will find out the best PvE talents for your Restoration Shaman in WoW Classic — Season of Discovery, as well as advised runes.
Restoration Shaman Talent Build
Most of the points taken are straightforward throughput increases, such as Improved Healing Wave, Tidal Mastery, and Purification. Ancestral Healing and Totemic Mastery are examples of strong utility points that improve your group's quality of life through non-healing means.
Mana Tide Totem is another good example of utility, and while it is underwhelming for yourself on its own, it has great group benefits in a raid setting.
From there, options open up: Nature's Guidance can help your Earth Shocks interrupt their targets, which is useful on bosses such as Twilight Lord Kelris in Blackfathom Deeps, while Healing Focus can increase your healing by reducing the amount of Spell Pushback in certain situations.
Recommended Rune Engravings
- Gloves — Water Shield or Lava Burst (DPS)
- Pants — Shamanistic Rage
- Chest — Overload or Healing Rain (stacked healing)
- Waist — Power Surge or Fire Nova (AoE DPS)
- Feet — Spirit of the Alpha (if not available from other Shaman) or Ancestral Awakening
Water Shield is the best option for healing, while Lava Burst is a powerful DPS option if healing is easy.
Shamanistic Rage is the counter-intuitive winner for the leg rune slot, mostly due to the massive Mana returns it can give you when dual-wielding Rockbiter Weapons: the high Attack Power buff of Rockbiter will make your Mana regeneration much stronger, and a significant part of this Mana also goes towards your raid members!
The choice between Overload and Healing Rain comes down to whether there will be area damage to heal in the fight while the raid is stacked or not, as Healing Rain is extremely powerful in such scenarios. Otherwise Overload is very strong for all healing profiles, especially now that Chain Heal can be unlocked.
The Waist slot has some interesting options. Power Surge provides a ton of Mana while also occasionally granting instant offensive spell casts, while Fire Nova enables excellent AoE damage if the encounter calls for it.
Finally, the Feet slot is quite straightforward: Spirit of the Alpha should always be taken if you do not have an alternative way to obtain this buff in your group, but if you will already be getting it from other Shaman in the group, just get Ancestral Awakening for a small throughput increase.
More engravings are likely to come out as we reach higher level caps so make sure to double check our Shaman rune guide to know where to get the currently recommended runes and learn about future runes as they are made available.
- 07 Feb. 2024: Updated talents, runes and explanation text for Phase 2.
- 17 Dec. 2023: Completely reworked talents, adjusting them to the current meta.
- Upcoming Season of Discovery Phase 2 Class Tuning: February 27th
- WoW Hardcore Self-Found Mode Begins February 29th
- Dragonflight 10.2.5 and Season of Discovery Hotfixes, February 21st
- Gnomeregan Trinket Sends Player to Forbidden Zones in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 20th
- Blizzard Acknowledges Gnomeregan Raid Lockout Bug
- Blizzard on AoE Threat in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery and Classic Era Hotfixes: February 16th