Elemental Shaman DPS Season of Mastery Phase 6 Gear
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items from Tier 3 / Naxxramas for your Elemental Shaman in WoW Classic's Season of Mastery. For pre-raid BiS, please refer to our Elemental Shaman Pre-Raid Gearing and Best in Slot guide for the Season of Mastery.
Gearing Strategy for Elemental Shamans
While a clear best in slot list is always available in WoW Classic Season of Mastery (SoM), the items contained might be extremely hard or expensive to get. Thus, we will try to give at least one alternative, for most slots in the list, so that you can pick where and how to farm them.
Elemental Shaman Pre-Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List
In order to get ready for raiding, it is recommended that you follow this guide in order to learn which gear to gather for maximizing DPS before ever setting foot in raids, and probably also before getting your first epic loot. Even so, expect to get a few pieces that you will have a hard time replacing, such as Briarwood Reed and Therazane's Touch.
Look out also for the Tailoring Bloodvine Set, which you can buy and is extremely powerful when compared to most other pre-raid BiS pieces!
Elemental Shaman Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List for Phase 6 (Naxxramas)
Naxxramas carries the best gear WoW Classic has to offer, as well as the toughest PvE challenges to beat.
Unfortunately, Shamans Tier 3, The Earthshatterer is a pure healing set, and as such has next to no value to Elemental Shamans.
Thus, our recommended gear is a mix of the Tier 2.5 or Bloodvine 3 set piece bonuses alongside the best off-set pieces for each slot. Bloodvine will usually result in higher damage, but Tier 2.5 has more Stamina and the highest potential throughput, as long as you get good procs.
Finally, take note that all bosses in Naxxramas are undead other than Grand Widow Faerlina and Maexxna. This makes specialized anti-undead items like Rune of the Dawn, Mark of the Champion and the Regalia of Undead Cleansing set very competitive with the general best in slot pieces, and you can use them instead, if needed.
Other Useful Phase 6 Gear for Elemental Shamans
While the list above contains the absolute best gear setup, you are unlikely to quickly gather all of it. We provide more options below, some which are very close to the best and some which are just much easier to get!
Frost Resistance Gear for Restoration Shamans
Sapphiron on Naxxramas all but requires a good amount of Frost Resistance gear to kill, as otherwise you will be taking too much damage for healers to keep up with. Check out our recommended Frost Resistance gear in the guide below!
Nature Resistance Gear for Elemental Shamans
As an Elemental Shaman, you are likely to be asked to use as much Nature Resistance gear as you can for Princess Huhuran while being one of the 15 closest players. Read this guide to figure out where to find such gear, and which pieces to wear!
Elemental Shaman PvP Best in Slot Gear
If you would prefer to gear for PvP, you can find our Elemental Shaman PvP BiS guide below.
Since weapons are such a broad topic, we have written a full guide about Shaman weapons.
Special Gear for Elemental Shamans
Some items, which are not powerful enough to be in the best in slot list, have special properties that make them very valuable to acquire for specific encounters or as a weapon swap mid-fight. We will list the most notable special items for the current phase, and their effects and application below:
- Gnomish Battle Chicken summons a chicken that attacks your enemies for 1.5 minutes, with a cooldown of 30 minutes. The chicken scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill), and buffs your group with 5% increased Attack Speed through Battle Squawk. This is what makes it well worth using while grouped.
- Arcanite Dragonling summons a dragon that attacks your enemies for up to 1 minute, with a cooldown of one hour. The dragon scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill) and causes a stacking debuff that increases Fire damage taken, which makes it worth using in later raids to boost Fire Mage damage.
- Skull of Impending Doom is given as a quest reward from completing Forbidden Knowledge in the Badlands. While generally undesirable, if you need to run somewhere fast, it can be a useful item to have.
- Furbolg Medicine Pouch is sold by Gorn One Eye when you reach Honored status with Timbermaw Hold. This is a great item that you can swap during combat to provide you with a significant 1000 heal over 10 seconds. For comparison's sake, Heavy Runecloth Bandage heals you for 2000 over 8 seconds, but requires you to channel it, and you cannot take any sort of damage in the channel duration.
- Tidal Charm allows you to instantly stun an enemy for 3 seconds. It has a 50% drop chance from Prince Nazjak, who spawns around 25,84 in Arathi Highlands. Due to his very high respawn timer it might be hard to get this trinket, but the stun it provides is a life saver and duel winner.
- Hand of Edward the Odd is an epic BoE world drop that makes your next spell cast instantly when it procs, which happens around once a minute. This makes it useful for extra burst, but you should swap to a weapon with better stats after using the proc. It also allows you to Hearthstone instantly, which allows you to role play a bubble hearthstone Paladin in an emergency.
- Linken's Boomerang allows you to potentially disarm or stun an enemy when used, which makes it useful in certain scenarios, especially in PvP. Its rewarded from the Un'Goro Crater quest It's Dangerous to Go Alone.
- Luffa removes a bleed effect, such as Garrote, from yourself when used. You get this item from the Searing Gorge quest Incendosaurs? Whateverosaur is More Like It.
- 22 Jul. 2022: Guide added.
- Upcoming Season of Discovery Phase 2 Class Tuning: February 27th
- WoW Hardcore Self-Found Mode Begins February 29th
- Dragonflight 10.2.5 and Season of Discovery Hotfixes, February 21st
- Gnomeregan Trinket Sends Player to Forbidden Zones in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 20th
- Blizzard Acknowledges Gnomeregan Raid Lockout Bug
- Blizzard on AoE Threat in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery and Classic Era Hotfixes: February 16th