Season of Discovery Restoration Shaman Healer Guide
Welcome to our Restoration Shaman Healer guide for WoW Classic - Season of Discovery, tailored for PvE content. Here, you will learn how to play the Shaman class as a Restoration Healer. Click the links below to navigate the guide or read this page for a short introduction.
Restoration in particular has always been a great area healer on top of bringing mandatory buffs, and this is even more true in Season of Discovery with Chain Heal becoming able to be supported by the new Overload rune!
- Mana starved until Shamanistic Rage is unlocked
- Weak defensive options and talents, especially when not using a shield
- Mobility issues (especially considering totems are immobile) and susceptible to crowd control
Season of Discovery
Restoration Shamans can now area heal with Healing Rain at early levels which is also strong for sustained stacked group healing, and alternatively Overload is a huge boost to all the main heals, including Chain Heal! You will also benefit from the new Water Shield rune for more Mana sustain, especially when being the target of attacks yourself.
Shamanistic Rage combines with Rockbiter Weapon and dual-wield being available for all Shamans after unlocking the Lava Lash rune for massive Mana returns, making Restoration feel like a completely different healer as soon as you unlock it, and adding a new degree of min-maxing to the specialization.
The new waist runes, Power Surge and Fire Nova, enable a choice between even more Mana regeneration and strong area DPS potential. Finally, Spirit of the Alpha provides fantastic utility in the feet slot, but you can also use Ancestral Awakening for extra healing if it is being applied on the tank already.
As a new spec with entirely new abilities and runes, the rotation, gearing options, and talent decisions recommended for Restoration Shamans can be found in the guides in the Table of Content at the top of this page. Within these, you will find all the information you will need to master this new game mode!
The best profession to have as Restoration is Engineering. It provides powerful items that you can use in both PvE and PvP content to either deal damage or help you get out of a tough spot.
Tailoring is also a great choice for Restoration Shamans due to special bind on pickup crafts such as Extraplanar Spidersilk Boots and Gneuro-Linked Arcano-Filament Monocle , and further BoP crafts are expected down the line.
Rune Engravings for Restoration Shaman
The main feature of Season of Discovery is the new Rune Discovery system, which allows you to discover and attach special abilities to your gear slots after finding them across the world. We list all of Shaman's runes and where they can be located in the guide below.
- 18 Feb. 2024: Updated intro, strengths and weaknesses for Phase 2.
- 17 Dec. 2023: Revamped section with new layout and text explanation.
- Blizzard on AoE Threat in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery and Classic Era Hotfixes: February 16th
- Additional Tuning Coming to Priests in Season of Discovery
- Gnomeregan SoD DPS and Healer Rankings: Week 1
- SoD Subjugate Demon Nerf Due to 5-Minute Control of Metamorphosis Warlocks
- Upcoming Season of Discovery Phase 2 Class Tuning: February 20th
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 14th
- Shadowfang Keep Teleport Available in Wrath Classic