Jump to content
FORUMS
KingMe

Pull of the Day

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, keithbrwn0 said:

Ok guys so what am I missing here. You all are getting these incredible pulls from these packs and yet on release day I got 80 packs and 1 legendary out of the whole bundle. I have had to craft every legendary from the newest expansion that I have except don' hancho. I have not picked a legendary from a pack since release day. Is there some secret to this or what?

These posts are for any pack you open that you feel are "worthy" of posting about. It doesn't matter that pack it is. So to answer your question; No you aren't missing anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KingMe said:

These posts are for any pack you open that you feel are "worthy" of posting about. It doesn't matter that pack it is. So to answer your question; No you aren't missing anything. 

I apologize I think I could have been clearer. Basically is there some special way you guys are pulling so many legendaries? Is there a better chance to get them if you spend real money as opposed to gold? I just think 1 legendary out of over 80 packs of any type of pack is rediculously low. Thanks for the quick reply though its one of the reasons I love this site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, keithbrwn0 said:

I apologize I think I could have been clearer. Basically is there some special way you guys are pulling so many legendaries? Is there a better chance to get them if you spend real money as opposed to gold? I just think 1 legendary out of over 80 packs of any type of pack is rediculously low. Thanks for the quick reply though its one of the reasons I love this site. 

I get a legendary at most at every 40th pack. Maybe I am just damn unlucky and most have way more luck. That is possible.

May I ask if you opened your 80 packs all at once? I have a theory about it - https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/26732-opening-packs-a-theory/

Most don't agree with it, but it is an entertaining line of thought imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, keithbrwn0 said:

Ok guys so what am I missing here. You all are getting these incredible pulls from these packs and yet on release day I got 80 packs and 1 legendary out of the whole bundle. I have had to craft every legendary from the newest expansion that I have except don' hancho. I have not picked a legendary from a pack since release day. Is there some secret to this or what?

yes there is a secret to it. Follow the following instructions carefully:

First go like this, spin around. Stop! Double take three times: one, two, three. Then pelvic thrust! Whoooo! Whooooooo! Stop on your right foot, Don't forget it! Now it's time to bring it around town. Bring-it-a-round-town. Then you do this, then this, and this, and that, and-this-and-that-and-this-and-that, and then..

Legend

 

easy as that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shine said:

yes there is a secret to it. Follow the following instructions carefully:

First go like this, spin around. Stop! Double take three times: one, two, three. Then pelvic thrust! Whoooo! Whooooooo! Stop on your right foot, Don't forget it! Now it's time to bring it around town. Bring-it-a-round-town. Then you do this, then this, and this, and that, and-this-and-that-and-this-and-that, and then..

Legend

 

easy as that

Also don't forget to choose the correct card back after checking how the stars align.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know why I didn't take a screenshot but,

I just got really lucky with my packs,

I opened 20 and I got Raza the ChainedAya Blackpaw and Mayor Noggenfogger, rest is pretty meh, except like 5 epics and several golden rares but this is pretty much the first time I got this many playable legendaries at once, only 2 actually. I am used to getting useless stuff and turning them into good cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2017 at 7:01 PM, keithbrwn0 said:

I apologize I think I could have been clearer. Basically is there some special way you guys are pulling so many legendaries? Is there a better chance to get them if you spend real money as opposed to gold? I just think 1 legendary out of over 80 packs of any type of pack is rediculously low. Thanks for the quick reply though its one of the reasons I love this site. 

Are you sure you haven't gotten another? Check your collection and your memory. It is impossible to open 40 packs without getting a legendary. There has not been a known case of anyone not getting a leg in 40 packs. There's a thing called the pity timer, which increases your chances of getting legs starting at around pack 25 or 30, and you have a 100% chance to open a leg if there wasn't one in your last 39 packs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Elestan said:

Are you sure you haven't gotten another? Check your collection and your memory. It is impossible to open 40 packs without getting a legendary. There has not been a known case of anyone not getting a leg in 40 packs. There's a thing called the pity timer, which increases your chances of getting legs starting at around pack 25 or 30, and you have a 100% chance to open a leg if there wasn't one in your last 39 packs.

This hold true, in answer to your question though. there is a way to improve your chances. it has to do with the pity timer. the trick is to keep buying packs from the same expansion. do this until you get a legend and then switch to another set.'(in this case that would be classic/mean streets.)

Let's say you buy a classic pack and dont get a legend. the next pack you open will have a small increased chance of a legend. dont get one again? your chance is improved even further for the next pack. This does mean that you will pretty much be guaranteed one legend around 40 packs. however, if you have bought a bunch of classic packs and have improved your chances, buying packs from other sets will not have same improved chance and will instead ramp up the chance on it's own for that set.

in the end it shouldnt matter much at all but some mathheads agree that opening packs of the same set until you get one and then switching to another set is the way to go. (I really don't understand how that's actually mathmatically better)

 

Edited by Shine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shine said:

in the end it shouldnt matter much at all but some mathheads agree that opening packs of the same set until you get one and then switching to another set is the way to go. (I really don't understand how that's actually mathmatically better)

If you keep buying from one set for several pity timers you will have massive collection of the given expansion (let's call it TGT), but the one(s) you don't buy will suffer (let's call it MSG). At the beginning the difference between TGT and MSG collection won't be marginal, but once your start 4th or 5th round of pity timer, you will get duplicate cards from TGT set very often, whereas your MSG collection will lack a lot of cards. 
The best way to get cards is arena, though you need to have a 4+ wins each run, preferably even 7+ win average, to get the value, which means you need to be an above average arena player. In arena it does not matter whether you have full TGT and empty MSG, as you won't be using your collection anyway. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

RckWDTs.jpg

 

I havent seen her/him/apache heliopter much on ladder, are there any viable builds for her currently?

Edit: Added gender neutralness

Edited by Shine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Shine said:

 

RckWDTs.jpg

 

I havent seen her much on ladder, are there any viable builds for her currently?

Which of the cards are you referring to? Kabal Trafficker can be used as a filler late-game card for demonlock or renolock. Celestial Dreamer does not really have a use in current meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Which of the cards are you referring to? Kabal Trafficker can be used as a filler late-game card for demonlock or renolock. Celestial Dreamer does not really have a use in current meta.

well I was pretty much on about the legend... I dno why this murloc is a 'her' in my opinion but that's what we're rolling with here... ^^ (it's somewhat fixed now)

I don't think Ive seen any murloc decks since gadgetzan. only murlocs I've seen are Sir make it so pirate warriors can also consistently draw cards and Seriously, are people still using mill druids?

maybe some palading or shaman murloc deck that's still viable in standard? or is this legend just another 400 dust? (I guess dusting is not smart since it will still be in rotation for 2 more years and theres bound to be some use for her in that time at some point...)

Edited by Shine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shine said:

well I was pretty much on about the legend... I dno why this murloc is a 'her' in my opinion but that's what we're rolling with here... ^^ (it's somewhat fixed now)

I don't think Ive seen any murloc decks since gadgetzan. only murlocs I've seen are Sir make it so pirate warriors can also consistently draw cards and Seriously, are people still using mill druids?

maybe some palading or shaman murloc deck that's still viable in standard? or is this legend just another 400 dust? (I guess dusting is not smart since it will still be in rotation for 2 more years and theres bound to be some use for her in that time at some point...)

Personally I like Finja, the Flying Star.  I have a Murloc Pally that I run "Her" in and "She" does fairly well in it. Is it a Legend deck? Probably not, but it is fun to mess around with. I'd say keep "her" if you are a fan of the Murloc theme and like you said, "She" will be in rotation for a while so "she" might get even better synergies down the road. Now if you don't care for the theme or need dust to finish another deck you are working on then i would say yes, dust "Her".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KingMe said:

Personally I like Finja, the Flying Star.  I have a Murloc Pally that I run "Her" in and "She" does fairly well in it. Is it a Legend deck? Probably not, but it is fun to mess around with. I'd say keep "her" if you are a fan of the Murloc theme and like you said, "She" will be in rotation for a while so "she" might get even better synergies down the road. Now if you don't care for the theme or need dust to finish another deck you are working on then i would say yes, dust "Her".

I am running a agro pala with the buff cards, works pretty well sofar, maybe I can devise some hybrd with Vilefin Inquisitor among other cards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is much better. I didn't have Yogg, so I'm happy with this. It was funny, I just had a feeling the pity counter was for me with WotOG.

Screenshot_20170122-205152.png

Edited by JohnnyZ
Screenshot was broken on first attempt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I got 7 gadgetzan packs. First 4 were garbage. Then I open the first one. This is at 1am and I have volume up hearing the innkeeper scream "AAAGH gold legend" and I freak out. I go to open the next pack and click on everything at once, and me and my roommate both freak out when we hear a jumble of "AAAGH epic gold legend rare legend" and see gold white eyes and normal beardo. The last pack had a rare and epic so can't complain there either.

 

Hearthstone Screenshot 03-01-17 01.00.33.png

Hearthstone Screenshot 03-01-17 01.04.09.png

Edited by justingolden21
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't have a Raza but it's one of the top 7 legends I wanna craft (after dr.boom and n'zoth) because yeah I really wanna make otk priest. my first and one of my favorite decks was otk priest with divine spirit and inner fire.

I really wanna build the deck with all the reno abilities (reno, kazakus, raza) and all the hero power modifiers (raza, shadowform, garrison commander).

Also nice gold shadow rager profile pic. 

Also random question, but if you're in shadowform and you play justicar trueheart, does your hero power still become gain 4 life?

Edited by justingolden21
more words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, justingolden21 said:

Also random question, but if you're in shadowform and you play justicar trueheart, does your hero power still become gain 4 life?

Nope, nothing happens if you play Justicar Trueheart after ShadowformJusticar Trueheart's description reads "Replace your starting Hero Power with a better one.", but since Mind Spike is not a starting hero power, Justicar Trueheart does nothing.

2 hours ago, justingolden21 said:

I really wanna build the deck with all the reno abilities (reno, kazakus, raza) and all the hero power modifiers (raza, shadowform, garrison commander).

What about Majordomo Executus? I used to play Majordomo freeze mage, maybe the same could for priest as well, especially with Raza the Chained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Nope, nothing happens if you play Justicar Trueheart after ShadowformJusticar Trueheart's description reads "Replace your starting Hero Power with a better one.", but since Mind Spike is not a starting hero power, Justicar Trueheart does nothing.

What about Majordomo Executus? I used to play Majordomo freeze mage, maybe the same could for priest as well, especially with Raza the Chained.

And if you can somehow get a Coldarra Drake from Kabal Courier, clown fiesta time!

One more thing, after seeing the new quest card for priest, wonder if majordomo quest priest could be a thing for priest. Get you Majordomo Executus on board which is also a deathrattle. Then, once you get amara, increase the health of Ragnaros the Firelord to 40, and with Raza the Chained, hit your opponent for 8, many times for free. That does not seem viable enough, but if you can get it right, it is unstoppable.

Edited by FanOfValeera
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome Pull.png

So I got some packs to get up a little extra dust for the New Year and I get this. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. :D 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...