FORUMS
Damien

Budget Aggro Secret Hunter Standard

Guest Finbar

The early game in the deck is too weak and gets easily over run by normal minions.   The absolute best you can home for is Alley Cat T1 and Hyena turn T2.    If you don't get that perfect draw then it's game over as you will have to spend all your burn trying to clear the opponents early board.   

21 hours ago, Guest Finbar said:

The early game in the deck is too weak and gets easily over run by normal minions.   The absolute best you can home for is Alley Cat T1 and Hyena turn T2.    If you don't get that perfect draw then it's game over as you will have to spend all your burn trying to clear the opponents early board.   

Thats not the absolute best you can do.

Best opening for this deck is Secretkeeper, followed up by cards like Bear Trap and Explosive Trap. And Turn 2 2/3 plus Explosive Trap is good against Pirate Warrior.

This is a secret deck, so Alleycat + Hyena is not as powerful as what I mentioned.

• Like 1

With good cards at hand, even the Reno+Kazakus Mage couldn't find an answer if they are too slow to clear your board minions. This deck should be made for f2p players to grind golds. If you don't have board control by turn 7 or 8, just concede and find another opponent so you don't need to waste time.

Edited by jacksw

Guest Futchydutchy

Quick shot is now out of standard, with what card should i replace it? I replaced it with arcane shot, but is this any good?

50 minutes ago, Guest Futchydutchy said:

Quick shot is now out of standard, with what card should i replace it? I replaced it with arcane shot, but is this any good?

Arcane Shot is a fine swap. We are going to update the deck soon, so make sure to check back later!

I like the budget aspect of this deck, but I also happen to have a Leeroy, so it would be cool if you said  what card replaced him with in the spot where you mention him.

11 hours ago, Onthejohn said:

I like the budget aspect of this deck, but I also happen to have a Leeroy, so it would be cool if you said  what card replaced him with in the spot where you mention him.

This deck will be re-worked in the next 1-2 weeks and I will be sure to do that. 
Thanks for the feedback.

i tried making a hunter trap deck since un'goro and this is about what ive come up with so far.

2 x alley cat

2x fiery bat

2x jeweled macaw

2x secret keeper

2x cat trick

2x crackling razormaw

2x explosive trap

2x missdirection

2x scavenging hyena

2x snake trap

2x animal companion

2x cloaked huntress

2 x eaglehorn bow

2x kill command

the few games ive tried with it so far seems even more agressive then an warrior aggro deck.. its easy to gain early board controll etc. 

i would like some input for it and tips for improvment if you have any 

i just had a go with this deck and ive won 6 games in a row at rank 14-13 atm, i was at rank 4 last season never managed to go past rank 3, but ive had 6 games so far with this deck and tbh it feels like it is the most agressive deck ive ever played and it delivers so far.

Edited by Forestwisp

4 hours ago, Forestwisp said:

i tried making a hunter trap deck since un'goro and this is about what ive come up with so far.

2 x alley cat

2x fiery bat

2x jeweled macaw

2x secret keeper

2x cat trick

2x crackling razormaw

2x explosive trap

2x missdirection

2x scavenging hyena

2x snake trap

2x animal companion

2x cloaked huntress

2 x eaglehorn bow

2x kill command

the few games ive tried with it so far seems even more agressive then an warrior aggro deck.. its easy to gain early board controll etc. 

i would like some input for it and tips for improvment if you have any 

i just had a go with this deck and ive won 6 games in a row at rank 14-13 atm, i was at rank 4 last season never managed to go past rank 3, but ive had 6 games so far with this deck and tbh it feels like it is the most agressive deck ive ever played and it delivers so far.

1) Why Misdirection? What are you trying to achieve with this secret? It is not something I'd put in any deck especially over Freezing Trap

2) Why Scavenging Hyena and no Unleash the Hounds?  

3) Why do you try play zoo with 8 one drops? 

5 hours ago, Strongpoint said:

1) Why Misdirection? What are you trying to achieve with this secret? It is not something I'd put in any deck especially over Freezing Trap

2) Why Scavenging Hyena and no Unleash the Hounds?  

3) Why do you try play zoo with 8 one drops? 

1) Missdirection can work fantastic if i start losing board controll to clear 2 cards at once or to help do more dmg to the other player.

2) scavenging hyena works realy well to drop after snake trap has gone off.

3) didnt even think about it  being 8 one drops in there tbh..  but the games i played with it yesterday it was very easy to get early board controll and do  alot of early dmg.

16 hours ago, Forestwisp said:

1) Missdirection can work fantastic if i start losing board controll to clear 2 cards at once or to help do more dmg to the other player.

That is the optimal outcome. However, this secret can go as far a helping the opponent, if the opponent is unskilled, and doesn't know when to go face and when to trade, which is ridiculously common at lower ranks.
At higher ranks, people play around this secret very easily and commonly, which means it won't have such effect either, as it will often provide value lower than Freezing Trap, as it might as well do 1 damage to opponent's face and save 1 damage to your face, and with pirates and aggro decks all over the place, this is to be expected. This means that it doesn't work as well against face decks, even though the opposite might seem true, as the secret would force the opponent to trade - it is nice when it forces the opponent to trade, but this does not happen every time, as I mentioned previously, which makes it an unreliable card, which is something that this deck should try to avoid imo. Against those decks, you really want Unleash the Hounds and early drops, like the Jeweled Macaw you removed, which means you should swap those in in place of Misdirection.

Against control, it is quite weak, as control decks usually go face once they establish control, which is usually too late for Misdirection to trigger. Freezing Trap is much more powerful against these deck, as it offers a way to get rid of their minion early on, without having to wait for the to attack face.

Edited by positiv2
Well, I forgot how Misdirection works :(

4 hours ago, positiv2 said:

That is the optimal outcome. However, this secret can go as far a helping the opponent - it can help the opponent surpass taunts. It can redirect the attack to another of your minions when the opponent was going to trade anyway, which isn't necessarily bad by itself, but you will be losing a card and 2 mana for that, and that is bad value. You can expect much lower value of the card later on in the game at higher ranks.

Actually, Misdirection can't surpass taunts. It activates only when the other player goes face. 

it cant surpass taunts cause it activates when your hero gets attacked but sure it can make a trade wich you wouldnt think favourable.

i swapped Jeweled macaw for unleash the hounds tho.

so far im up to rank 10 and the only real problem i find with this deck is realy heavy taunt decks. like priest quest or warrior quest decks.

with the decks i usually get here from icy veins i usually stick around rank 4-5 as a hunter and usually i have realy big problems with warriors, paladins, rogues and priests with the midrange hunter deck i used before....

having alot more success vs those decks with this one then i did before.

specially snipe can realy mess up a rogue quest decks plan.

also explosive trap helps stop the onslaught of face warrior very nice.

and tbh cloaked huntress is such an awesome 3 cost card its hard to believe.

i enjoy playing hunter in heartstone, i have since i started playing heartstone, but lately hunter has been feeling weak compared to other classes, i made this deck yesterday when i got home from work and have been testing it out a bit so far and for the first time in a long while i feel like i can actually match up to other classes .

i would realy love to get some input from other people that would like to try it out and maybe get some advice on how to make it better etc.

Edited by Forestwisp

4 hours ago, Strongpoint said:

Actually, Misdirection can't surpass taunts. It activates only when the other player goes face. 

Oh right, the card is so dead I forgot how it works. I have edited my post, thanks for pointing it out.

4 hours ago, Forestwisp said:

it cant surpass taunts cause it activates when your hero gets attacked but sure it can make a trade wich you wouldnt think favourable.

Oh right, I edited my post. Now that you reminded me how Misdirection works, it seems even worse to be honest.

missdirection has helped me win several games tbh... like when a mage pulled out alextrasa and set my health to 15 and had his own health at 10, the board was clear of everything else and missdirection made alextrasa attack its own hero instead of me and all i had to do was use class skill to kill him offf after that.

it has happened more then a few times.. i think you underestimate the card.

if its played at cruacial points it can get very very effective... specially when you yourself has no precense on the  board but the opponent does, it can either make 2 uncomfortable cards go away or help deal dmg to the opponent.

tho as i said.. any help or input is very welcome..  i realy enjoy playing the deck so far.. its almost a 100% win against other hunters, mages and rogues, it can easily match face warriors and murloc paladins, its a good match to most locks and priests, the only real trouble i face with the deck so far is heavy taunt decks.

i usually end my seasons at rank 4-3 , so far with this deck im up at 9 ,  but it feels as if this deck has more potential then what i usually play with hunter, if any of you pros would try a few games with is i think you would see what i mean, it requires more or less no tactics, its all just bash as much dmg out as you can, by round 4 or 5 most decks that i meet are beyond the point of no return.

Edited by Forestwisp

7 hours ago, Forestwisp said:

i think you underestimate the card.

Not really, no. It is, as you point out yourself, a very situational card and a desperation measure when you're behind; both things you want to avoid when playing as recklessly aggressive a deck as yours.

Things you might want to try out:

Nesting Roc: At 5 mana, it's slow for your deck, but unless you dump your whole hand you shouldn't have much trouble activating it and have it be a pain in your opponent's behind.

Aggro 101:  As a finisher. If you draw him later on, combine with Unleash the Hounds for maximum hilarity.

Stampede: Again, a slow card that might be a bit counter-intuitive, but hunter's severe lack of draw makes anything that refill the hand and give more options than 'pray for topdeck' valuable. 

Houndmaster: If it works, don't fix it. Houndmaster has worked since the very beginnings of he game.

Tracking: Card draw, and you get to pick the one you want from the top three of your deck for one mana.

Dispatch Kodo: You don't have any ways to buff him, true. But he's a beast, he can fight for the board and he deals two damage that cannot be stopped. Sometimes, two damage is all you need.

• Like 2

Just like Keizoku said, it's only good when you are behind. 
Now, even if you manage to get some value out of it when you are behind, it still doesn't do enough, as you don't really have any strong cards that would allow you to come back. Instead, you should be focusing on proactive early-game plays.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

you don't really have any strong cards that would allow you to come back.

This is the bane of Hunter's existence. With no ability to crawl back from a large deficit, Hunter has to be the aggressor. That means the majority of the cards in your deck have to bring as much value as possible when played as you can't afford to hold something for too long. 

On 10.05.2017 at 11:06 AM, Keizoku said:

Not really, no. It is, as you point out yourself, a very situational card and a desperation measure when you're behind; both things you want to avoid when playing as recklessly aggressive a deck as yours.

Things you might want to try out:

Nesting Roc: At 5 mana, it's slow for your deck, but unless you dump your whole hand you shouldn't have much trouble activating it and have it be a pain in your opponent's behind.

Aggro 101:  As a finisher. If you draw him later on, combine with Unleash the Hounds for maximum hilarity.

Stampede: Again, a slow card that might be a bit counter-intuitive, but hunter's severe lack of draw makes anything that refill the hand and give more options than 'pray for topdeck' valuable. 

Houndmaster: If it works, don't fix it. Houndmaster has worked since the very beginnings of he game.

Tracking: Card draw, and you get to pick the one you want from the top three of your deck for one mana.

Dispatch Kodo: You don't have any ways to buff him, true. But he's a beast, he can fight for the board and he deals two damage that cannot be stopped. Sometimes, two damage is all you need.

I would like to add Grimestreet Informant to the list. This little card can be amazing to find a little bit of reach that you need to finish your opponent or get high value card when situation demands it. Also, it can find both hunter and paladin secrets giving some synergy with Cloaked Huntress and Secretkeeper

2 hours ago, Strongpoint said:

I would like to add Grimestreet Informant to the list. This little card can be amazing to find a little bit of reach that you need to finish your opponent or get high value card when situation demands it. Also, it can find both hunter and paladin secrets giving some synergy with Cloaked Huntress and Secretkeeper

The stats are too bad for this deck, sadly. While it can give you some nice cards, it's something you cannot count on, which is something face hunters cannot afford. 

• Like 1