Tracking — Hunter Card
Table of Contents
Tracking is a Hunter-only spell. 2 copies of this card are given to you with the Basic set of the game. You receive a golden version of this card for reaching Level 15 and 20 with Hunter. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Tracking is a strong effect for many Hunter decks as it allows you to pick a specific card for the current situation. It is similar in that sense to a Discover effect, which has proven very powerful since its introduction in League of Explorers. It should be noted that the cards not chosen are discarded from your deck completely.
2. Constructed Play
Tracking is rarely seen in Constructed, but is sometimes included as a single copy in either a Midrange or Aggro Hunter to help you reliably hit lethal burst damage when you need it, or pick up a powerful minion like Piloted Shredder or Savannah Highmane to fill out your curve for following turns.
Tracking is a strong card in the Arena, as it will give you the option to choose between 3 cards and pick the one that suits you best for the current stage of the game. Keep in mind that the cards not chosen are discarded, and you will no longer be able to draw them, which often works in your favour. This is because by eliminating the cards you desire least, you are enhancing the quality of the rest of your deck, reducing the chances of drawing useless cards on subsequent turns.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Midrange Hunter Deck
- The Lich King Cheap Hunter Deck
- The Lich King Hunter Deck
- Thijs N'Zoth Hunter Deck
- Dog N'Zoth Hunter Deck
- Kranich Secret Hunter Deck
- Midrange Secret Hunter Deck
- Basic Hunter Deck
- Cheap Hunter Standard Deck
- The Marsh Queen Hunter Quest Standard Un'Goro Deck
- Basic Chieftain Scarvash Hunter Deck (Normal Mode)
- Basic Maloriak Hunter Deck (Normal Mode)
- Low-budget Ragnaros/Executus Hunter Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Did Seeping Oozeling Just Receive A Post-Spoiler Buff?
- Silver Vanguard Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Lone Champion Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Seeping Oozeling Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Spiteful Summoner Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Black Friday Sales For Various Blizzard Games
- Zola the Gorgon Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Rummaging Kobold Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Something stupid like ...
- Aggro Paladin Deck List
- Toxin Cards
- Aggro Rogue Deck List
- Deck Request Thread
- Make it cheap #2 Budget Cannibal Warlock
- The Lich King
- Make it cheap #1 Budget Aggro Priest