Jump to content
FORUMS
Vlad

Secret Mage Deck List

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Guest Tavi said:

Why would'nt you run a flamestrike?

This is more of an aggressive archetype and Flamestrike is a bit slow.  Firelands Portal has a spot due to fact that it not only deals damage, it also summons a minion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, KingMe said:

Firelands Portal has a spot due to fact that it not only deals damage, it also summons a minion. 

It also can go face. That's a huge difference.

21 hours ago, Guest Tavi said:

Why would'nt you run a flamestrike?

The deck is fast enough to deal with most of aggro decks, and against control decks, you don't want a Flamestrike (or any AoE that cannot go face for that matter), but a strong proactive card, such as Kabal Crystal Runner or Water Elemental.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit of both. You want to maintain your board while applying pressure to the face which isn't that hard to do with all of mages burn spells and cards like Medivh's Valet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest La Figue

hi guys,

thanks for your guides, awesome job from european server ;p !

any replacment for 

:x

i know it's a powerfull spell but i dont want spent dust for them (I try to keep dust for lengendaries..)

thanks for your answer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Guest La Figue said:

hi guys,

thanks for your guides, awesome job from european server ;p !

any replacment for 

:x

i know it's a powerfull spell but i dont want spent dust for them (I try to keep dust for lengendaries..)

thanks for your answer!

While every version that I have looked up runs Primordial Glyph, each one has different cards that this version doesn't have. A lot of them run Babbling Book while others run Cabalist's TomeFaceless Summoner and some even run Archmage Antonidas and Yogg-Saron, Hope's End. I wouldn't say these are good replacements for Primordial Glyph but it lets you know that there are other options ran in this archetype. I hope this helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest La Figue said:

hi guys,

thanks for your guides, awesome job from european server ;p !

any replacment for 

:x

i know it's a powerfull spell but i dont want spent dust for them (I try to keep dust for lengendaries..)

thanks for your answer!

You should craft them, Primordial Glyph is an incredibly powerful card. You can try to replace them with Babbling Book in the meantime, but it's a much more random and weaker choice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Skyliner

thnx dude with this deck went to rank 5 in 2 days.... but now im facing a damn problem.....my win rate droped down from 7-8 of 10 games won to 3-4 won games of 10.....should i make any adjustments to this deck or just try it hard untill reach rank 4?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Guest Skyliner said:

thnx dude with this deck went to rank 5 in 2 days.... but now im facing a damn problem.....my win rate droped down from 7-8 of 10 games won to 3-4 won games of 10.....should i make any adjustments to this deck or just try it hard untill reach rank 4

Some of the issue you may be facing could be the opponents. You may need to tech for certain match-ups yes, or you may need to switch decks all together. We are glad you are enjoying the deck though. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShaDoWf1ST said:

Hi,

Thanks, i was trying firelands portal , in the meantime I've invested 1000 gold an .... here it is I've got Aluneth from the pack ;)

Congratulations. I wish you to have fun with your new weapon :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why Ice Block?   I figure another, more offensive spell (I use spellbender in a very similar deck) fits better, if you need Ice Block then something's probably gone wrong anyway IMO, while usually it just sits there all game otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Migol said:

Why Ice Block?   I figure another, more offensive spell (I use spellbender in a very similar deck) fits better, if you need Ice Block then something's probably gone wrong anyway IMO, while usually it just sits there all game otherwise.

It's there for a multitude of reason, with the main ones being having a secret up at all times to more consistently enable the battlecry of Medivh's Valet, or to let you try and draw some burn if the opponent is low as well, which has become even more important with the addition of Aluneth to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found myself replacing Ice block too. Yes, what positiv2 said is right but I rather keep a velet in hand or play it without the battlecry than having a secret that is doing nothing in most games.

But I guess secret mage will not be playable with the next rotation (unless they put new fancy stuff in the next expansion that supports it) ofc there are still a lot of tools which will not rotate out but the loss in speed due to Kabal LackeyKabal Crystal Runner and Medivh's Valet is hard to compensate

Edited by Caldyrvan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

I found myself replacing Ice block too. Yes, what positiv2 said is right but I rather keep a velet in hand or play it without the battlecry than having a secret that is doing nothing in most games.

But I guess secret mage will not be playable with the next rotation (unless they put new fancy stuff in the next expansion that supports it) ofc there are still a lot of tools which will not rotate out but the loss in speed due to Kabal LackeyKabal Crystal Runner and Medivh's Valet is hard to compensate

Eh lackey is pretty meh in the deck, quite a few versions of this deck don't even run it, the Valet, while nice, is also not necessary, but the crystal runner will hurt, a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The idea behind ice block is that you can go all in and go face with everything you have, knowing that the opponent needs at very least 2 turns to kill me.

Using or not using ice block means that you play the deck a little different: with it you're playing a burn the face deck, and you should use lots of direct damage spell to hit face. Without it, you are playing an aggro/tempo deck where board matters.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...