FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Warrior Dungeon Run

Guest john

I think Mask of Mimicry is over valued.  From my understanding, it does not fill your hand, it only replaces other minions in your hand.

Guest FaustTheMad

Potion of Vitality is underrated. However it needs clever choices. I won with armor and taunt buckets, two POTION OF VITALITY and with WISH. The essence of this really durable deck is a TENTACLE FOR ARMS. When everyone is exhausted you can attack with this.

On 1/20/2018 at 2:50 PM, Guest FaustTheMad said:

Potion of Vitality is underrated. However it needs clever choices. I won with armor and taunt buckets, two POTION OF VITALITY and with WISH. The essence of this really durable deck is a TENTACLE FOR ARMS. When everyone is exhausted you can attack with this.

I second this. Potion of vitality is one of the best options for warrior. If you manage to get double potions, you're pretty much able to faceroll the whole game. Stack the Wish treasure on top of that and it's GG. This is especially apparent when dealing with the stealth passive and getting weapons buckets, since you're always taking face damage. 

5 hours ago, Ruend said:

There is no point to trying this as a warrior.  The win is a lie.  142 bosses defeated, only made it to final boss once.

I did it in my second try. I suggest Justicar's Ring the moment you see it. And all armor cards possible. I probably spent more than half the run with over 30 armor. It should be easy.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ruend said:

There is no point to trying this as a warrior.  The win is a lie.  142 bosses defeated, only made it to final boss once.

I did it with a Big Warrior build, taking the treasure that makes my minion cost 5 max, and some recruit cards.

Even if I need to say that I was a little lucky, because my opponent King Togwaggle used the golden kobold then Deathwing, going into topdeck mode...

18 hours ago, Ruend said:

187 bosses defeated on mage before finally beating the dungeon, in comparison, warrior was nothing. only about 60 bosses.

After reading this guide and the comments, it took me three attempts to complete a run with warrior.

First, I wanted to build an aggressive deck with weapons and pirates, but I wasn't offered enough good options in terms of treasures or buckets that would synergize. I made it to the final boss, Xol the Unscathed, but I lost pretty quickly. I had too many big minions in hand that limited me to one play per turn. The random beam cards were not so random when I only had one minion on the board at a time.

Second run, I wanted to follow this tactic:

On 3/26/2018 at 7:31 AM, FanOfValeera said:

I did it in my second try. I suggest Justicar's Ring the moment you see it. And all armor cards possible. I probably spent more than half the run with over 30 armor. It should be easy.

I picked up Justicar's Ring immediately, but I was presented with an armor bucket only one out of five times. (I lost to Blackseed as the 6th boss encounter. Blackseed is the most OP boss imo, and I rarely get past him no matter which class I'm playing as.)

Third run was the charm. I took an entirely different approach...

Passive treasures: Cloak of InvisibilityScepter of Summoning

Treasure cards: Vorpal DaggerShifting Hourglass (Vorpal Dagger provides the ability to keep the enemy board clear, leaving minions to go face.)

Buckets: Charge! x4; Recruiter; Legendary x2

Notable cards from the Charge! buckets: Kor'kron Elite; Leeroy Jenkins x2; Argent Commander x2; Charged Devilsaur x4; Grommash Hellscream x2

Recruiter: Woecleaver x2

Legendary: Cairne Bloodhoof; Justicar Trueheart; GruulKel'Thuzad (Kel'Thuzad in permanent stealth mode. 'nuff said.)

For the final boss fight, I was pitted against The Darkness. Cloak of Invisibility was invaluable. It rendered powerful spells such as Mind Control and Entomb useless. The only minor setbacks were Psychic Scream and Twisting Nether. With the help of Woecleaver, I was able to quickly re-establish board presence.

ZjUvq4J.png

...even had a Luminous Candle to spare. ?

Edited by CaptLando
added a card link

Guest Recruiter

Personally I disagree with Recruiter being bad, if you manage to get the Scepter of Summoning and Weapon Cost 1 with Woecleaver, you may win combining this + Legendary decks. I managed to get also Greedy pickaxe and Wax Rager (pretty happy with Zola Gorgon combo) and Kel Thuzad as well. There is basically no boss in the game who can withstand the rapid flow of all your minions especially if they keep returned back by Kel Thuzad and constantly recruited by your minions, spells and weapons. I also got my hands on Sneeds, two Cairnes...Recruiter is underrated and I followed the guide here, avoiding it. Then I tried that once and won the Warrior run for the first time. Sometimes guides can be misleading from your own ideas...

Would it be possible to pin these dungeon run class guides to the drop down menus and link them in the overall dungeon run guide.  Currently the only way to access these is through a google search.

11 hours ago, Falaenx said:

Would it be possible to pin these dungeon run class guides to the drop down menus and link them in the overall dungeon run guide.  Currently the only way to access these is through a google search.

You need to open the main page of the Dungeon Run guide, then search for the class guides there. They are in the section 2.2, under bucket, color coded.

• Like 2

Guest Its hopeless

It doesn’t matter what you pick for what *filtered* hero. It will just give you a boss that can beat you with *filtered* ease based on what you pick