Baron Geddon Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Baron Geddon Summary by Role
- You only need one tank to hold Baron Geddon.
- Position the boss so that all of the ranged and healers can be roughly 40 yards away from the boss safely.
- When you need to run away during Inferno, be mindful of where your healers are positioned so you can try not to out-range them.
- Healers should be stacked at max range away from the boss, while still being able to heal the tank.
- Priests should be using Dispel Magic as much as possible to deal with Ignite Mana.
- Whoever gets Living Bomb needs to be at 100% health before the bomb explodes, preferably also with Power Word: Shield on them.
- Using at least one Restorative Potion on this fight is almost a hard requirement; you cannot afford to lose the Mana from having Ignite Mana tick.
- Ranged DPS should be stacked with healers, at their max range from the boss.
- Melee DPS should be stacked behind the boss, but will need to run away from the boss during Inferno towards the ranged group.
General Tips for Baron Geddon
- Ranged DPS are better for this fight than melee, since melee lose lots of uptime.
- Ranged classes that can stand further than 40 yards, like Hunters, are especially useful, since they can avoid getting Ignite Mana by out-ranging the cast.
- Restorative Potions are incredibly important here if you are within 40 yards, so you can avoid losing all of your Mana to the burn.
Strategy for Baron Geddon
Barron Geddon is a burn fight that is a great place to use long damage cooldowns. The longer you are in the fight, the more dangerous it will be.
After clearing ample trash to give yourselves plenty of room to work with, pull Baron back to the entrance of the room. You want plenty of room for melee to be on the boss, but enough room for ranged classes to be able to sit at max range away from the boss. Additionally, you need space for targeted players to run 30 yards away from the group.
The single most important part of this fight is the Living Bomb. There needs to be a designated point for the bomb target to run to somewhere off to the side, and players need to all be watching for who the bomb target is. The visual effect is quite obvious, so people can help watch for it in case the targeted person does not notice.
Aside from the bomb, melee need to run out for the Inferno to ensure they do not die. Ranged will either need to use Restorative Potions, get dispelled by Priests, or out range the Ignite Mana by standing more than 40 yards away from the boss. Hunters, for example, can out-range it because of their talent that increases their attack range.
- Living Bomb will be randomly cast on a player, turning them into a bomb. After a countdown, they will explode, dealing a large amount of Fire damage to any nearby players and knocking them up in the air. The targeted player needs to get 30 yards away from the raid group by running off to the side to let the bomb explode before running back in. This will easily cause a wipe if a bomb explodes in the raid.
- Inferno causes the boss to start pulsing Fire damage around him, which will kill any players that stay in it. Once he starts channeling this, melee will need to run away and wait until he stops before running back in.
- Ignite Mana is a debuff that is randomly cast on players within 40 yards of the boss, dealing damage and burning their Mana. This either needs to be dispelled by the player through a Restorative Potion or by a Priest.
Loot from Baron Geddon
Below is a list of the loot available from this boss, but you can see a full loot list from the raid on our Molten Core Loot page.
Tier 1 Loot
|Felheart Shoulder Pads||60||Shoulder||Warlock|
|Aged Core Leather Gloves||60||Hands|
|Fire Runed Grimoire||60||Off-hand|
|Magma Tempered Boots||60||Feet|
|Mana Igniting Cord||60||Waist|
|Obsidian Edged Blade||60||Weapon|
|Quick Strike Ring||60||Finger|
|Seal of the Archmagus||60||Finger|
|Talisman of Ephemeral Power||60||Trinket|
|Bindings of the Windseeker (Left)||N/A||Legendary Reagent|
- 07 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- World's Fastest Onyxia Speed Kill in WoW Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Update: April 9th
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Raid Testing: April 13 - 15
- Daily Instance Cap is Over 50 on The Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Sealed Packages Added on the Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Burning Crusade Classic Boost Quests: Brand New BC Content
- New Burning Crusade Classic Build: Cap Raised to Level 70 & More
- New onyxia kill time
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Chaos Recruiting for TBC Classic [H] [Herod]
- No one wants retris
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- TBC Transition+
- Looking for guild with EARLY RAID TIMES