Baron Geddon Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot (Updated for the Season of Mastery)
Baron Geddon Summary by Role
- You only need one tank to hold Baron Geddon.
- Position the boss so that all of the ranged and healers can be roughly 40 yards away from the boss safely.
- Have a path pre-planned for where you intend to take Geddon to avoid the fire patch left by Inferno.
- When you need to run away during Inferno, be mindful of where your healers are positioned so you can try not to out-range them.
- Healers should be stacked at max range away from the boss, while still being able to heal the tank.
- Priests should be using Dispel Magic as much as possible to deal with Ignite Mana.
- Whoever gets Living Bomb needs to be at 100% health before the bomb explodes, preferably also with Power Word: Shield on them.
- Using at least one Restorative Potion on this fight is almost a hard requirement; you cannot afford to lose the Mana from having Ignite Mana tick.
- Ranged DPS should be stacked with healers, at their max range from the boss.
- Melee DPS should be stacked behind the boss, but will need to run away from the boss during Inferno towards the ranged group.
General Tips for Baron Geddon
- Ranged DPS are better for this fight than melee, since melee lose lots of uptime.
- Ranged classes that can stand further than 40 yards, like Hunters, are especially useful, since they can avoid getting Ignite Mana by out-ranging the cast.
- Restorative Potions are incredibly important here if you are within 40 yards, so you can avoid losing all of your Mana to the burn.
- It is crucial to have sections of the room designated for where those with Living Bomb will go to avoid planting patches of fire in the Tank's path.
Season of Mastery Strategy for Baron Geddon
Barron Geddon is a burn fight that is a great place to use long damage cooldowns. The longer you are in the fight, the more dangerous it will be.
The changes to this encounter in Season of Mastery will require a large amount of space so it is recommended to kite Baron back into the room where you originally fought Garr so you have additional room to handle the Living Bombs, Inferno, and the patches of fire that they now leave. You want plenty of room for melee to be on the boss, but enough room for ranged classes to be able to sit at max range away from the boss. Additionally, you need space for targeted players to run 30 yards away from the group.
The single most important part of this fight is the Living Bomb. In the Season of Mastery version of this encounter three players will be targeted by this debuff each time the boss casts it. There needs to be a designated section of the room where those targeted can run as the Living Bomb debuff now leaves a patch of fire where it explodes and players need to all be watching for who the bomb targets are. The visual effect is quite obvious, so people can help watch for it in case the targeted people do not notice.
Aside from the bombs, melee need to run out for the Inferno to ensure they do not die. Ranged will either need to use Restorative Potions, get dispelled by Priests, or out range the Ignite Mana by standing more than 40 yards away from the boss. Hunters, for example, can out-range it because of their talent that increases their attack range.
- Living Bomb will be randomly cast on three players, turning them into a bomb. After a countdown, they will explode, dealing a large amount of Fire damage to any nearby players and knocking them up in the air. The targeted player needs to get 30 yards away from the raid group by running off to the side to let the bomb explode before running back in. Once the bomb detonates it will leave a small patch of fire on the ground that must be avoided for the rest of the encounter. This will easily cause a wipe if a bomb explodes in the raid.
- Inferno causes the boss to start pulsing Fire damage around him, which will kill any players that stay in it. Once he starts channeling this, melee will need to run away and wait until he stops before running back in. After Baron has finished channeling Inferno he will leave a massive patch of fire where he was standing during the cast.
- Ignite Mana is a debuff that is randomly cast on players within 40 yards of the boss, dealing damage and burning their Mana. This either needs to be dispelled by the player through a Restorative Potion or by a Priest.
- Armageddon is a new ability occurring at 10% HP; Baron Geddon will start channeling a massive AoE that will pulse damage on every member of the raid. This cast is 15 seconds and, if completed, will wipe the raid. Everyone must focus on burning the boss as the only way to interrupt this spell is to defeat Baron.
Loot from Baron Geddon
Below is a list of the loot available from this boss, but you can see a full loot list from the raid on our Molten Core Loot page.
Tier 1 Loot
|Felheart Shoulder Pads||60||Shoulder||Warlock|
|Aged Core Leather Gloves||60||Hands|
|Fire Runed Grimoire||60||Off-hand|
|Magma Tempered Boots||60||Feet|
|Mana Igniting Cord||60||Waist|
|Obsidian Edged Blade||60||Weapon|
|Quick Strike Ring||60||Finger|
|Seal of the Archmagus||60||Finger|
|Talisman of Ephemeral Power||60||Trinket|
|Bindings of the Windseeker (Left)||N/A||Legendary Reagent|
- 13 Nov. 2021: Updated with Season of Mastery changes.
- 07 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: December 4th
- SoD Metamorphosis Rune Changes Coming Today or Tomorrow
- Blizzard on Warlock's Metamorphosis Rune Acquisition
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- SoD Runes Do Not Work When Equipment Breaks
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear