Shaman Class Overview
Shaman are the spiritual leaders of their tribes and clans. They communicate with spirits, have visions of the future, and guide their people through the darkest of times. Many mistake their wisdom and serenity for a pacifist nature. When challenged, though, shaman have a range of powers available for dealing with threats to the natural order.
If you were looking for TBC Classic advice, please refer to our TBC Classic Shaman class overview.
Races for Shamans
Shamans have 3 talent specializations: Elemental, Enhancement, and Restoration.
- Elemental — This specialization commands the raw power of the elements to create intense magical devastation.
- Enhancement — This specialization bolsters the melee capabilities of the Shaman, ensuring they can fight up close, powered by the elements.
- Restoration — Using the spiritual power of the elements, this specialization focuses on aiding and healing allies.
Resources as a Shaman
The primary resource used by Shamans is Mana in all specializations.
Gearing a Shaman
Shamans are able to wear Cloth and Leather, as well as Mail after reaching Level 40.
Shamans are able to use Axes (One-handed, as well as Two-handed with talents), Daggers, Fist Weapons, Maces (One-handed, as well as Two-handed with talents), and Staves.
In order to learn skills and skill ranks, you will need to go to a Shaman trainer. Below is a list of all the trainers available to the Horde.
Horde Shaman Trainers
- Beram Skychaser — Thunder Bluff
- Haromm — Swamp of Sorrows
- Kardris Dreamseeker — Orgrimmar
- Meela Dawnstrider — Mulgore
- Narm Skychaser — Mulgore
- Sagorne Creststrider — Orgrimmar
- Shikrik — Durotar
- Sian'tsu — Orgrimmar
- Siln Skychaser — Thunder Bluff
- Swart — Durotar
- Tigor Skychaser — Thunder Bluff
Shaman Guides for World of Warcraft: Classic
For information on how best to play your Shaman in Classic, you can check out the following guides.
- Shaman Healing Guide for PvE
- Elemental Shaman Ranged DPS Guide for PvE
- Enhancement Shaman Melee DPS Guide for PvE
- Shaman PvP Guide
- Shaman Leveling Guide
- Addons and Macros Guide for Shamans
- Making Gold as a Shaman
Shaman Guides for the Season of Mastery
While the Season of Mastery features no class changes, you can check out alternate gear guides we have created for Shaman.
- Elemental Shaman Season of Mastery Pre-Raid Gear
- Elemental Shaman Season of Mastery Phase 1 Gear
- Enhancement Shaman Season of Mastery Pre-Raid Gear
- Enhancement Shaman Season of Mastery Phase 1 Gear
- Restoration Shaman Season of Mastery Pre-Raid Gear
- Restoration Shaman Season of Mastery Phase 1 Gear
- 29 Sep. 2019: Fixed trainer locations.
- 25 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer
- WoW Classic Patch 1.15.0 Notes
- Classic Era and Hardcore Patch 1.15.0 Known Issues List
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- Classic Era Patch 1.15.0 PTR Notes
- Classic Account Suspensions for October 2023
- Icy Veins WoW Classic Interview: Discoveries and Runes, LFR, ICC Nerfs and Much More