Paladin Class Overview
Upholders of the Holy Light and defenders of the Alliance, the Paladins can be found from the northern forests of the Tirisfal Glades, fighting back the advance of the Forsaken, to the southern reaches of the Blasted Lands, ceaselessly upholding their vigil against demonic forces from beyond the Dark Portal. Wielding their mighty hammers and the strength of the Light, these holy warriors command forces in battle, all the while throwing themselves to where the fighting is the thickest.
If you were looking for TBC Classic advice, please refer to our TBC Classic Paladin class overview.
Races for Paladins
Paladins can be played as Humans and Dwarves for the Alliance. In Classic, you cannot play Paladin on the Horde.
Paladins have 3 talent specializations: Holy, Protection, and Retribution.
- Holy — This specialization focuses on healing your allies with the power of the Light.
- Protection — This specialization seeks buff your survivability so that you can tank damage for your party.
- Retribution — This specialization weaponizes the Light, using it to deal as much damage as possible.
Resources as a Paladin
The primary resource used by Paladins is Mana in all specializations.
Gearing a Paladin
Paladins are able to wear Cloth, Leather, and Mail armour, as well as Plate after reaching Level 40.
Paladins are able to use Axes (One-handed and Two-handed), Maces (One-handed and Two-handed), Polearms, and Swords (One-handed and Two-handed).
In order to learn skills and skill ranks, you will need to go to a Paladin trainer. Below is a list of all the trainers available to the Alliance.
Alliance Paladin Trainers
- Arthur the Faithful — Stormwind City
- Azar Stronghammer — Dun Morogh
- Beldruk Doombrow — Ironforge
- Brandur Ironhammer — Ironforge
- Bromos Grummner — Dun Morogh
- Brother Karman — Dustwallow Marsh
- Brother Sammuel — Elwynn Forest
- Brother Wilhelm — Elwynn Forest
- Katherine the Pure — Stormwind City
- Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker — Stormwind City
- Valgar Highforge — Ironforge
Paladin Guides for World of Warcraft: Classic
For information on how best to play your Paladin in Classic, you can check out the following guides.
- Holy Paladin Healing Guide for PvE
- Protection Paladin Tanking Guide for PvE
- Retribution Paladin DPS Guide for PvE
- Paladin PvP Guide
- Paladin Leveling Guide
- Addons and Macros Guide for Paladins
- Making Gold as a Paladin
Paladin Guides for the Season of Mastery
While the Season of Mastery features no class changes, you can check out alternate gear guides we have created for Paladin.
- Holy Paladin Season of Mastery Pre-Raid Gear
- Holy Paladin Season of Mastery Phase 1 Gear
- Protection Paladin Season of Mastery Pre-Raid Gear
- Protection Paladin Season of Mastery Phase 1 Gear
- Retribution Paladin Season of Mastery Pre-Raid Gear
- Retribution Paladin Season of Mastery Phase 1 Gear
- 29 Sep. 2019: Updated trainer locations.
- 25 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
Classic Class Overviews
Classic Race Guides
Classic Profession Guides
- Wrath Classic Arena Fixes and Calculations
- Blizzard Discusses WoW Token in Classic
- WoW Token Added to Wrath Classic
- Wrath Classic Joyous Journeys 50% Experience Buff Is Back!
- Wrath Classic Patch 3.4.2 PTR Notes: May 18th
- Death Heat Map for Hardcore Characters and Their Killers
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Blizzard Announces Hardcore Classic