Garr Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Garr is the fourth boss you will encounter in Molten Core, and can be found at the back of the large, main area in the middle of the raid, just past Gehennas. He is a large rock elemental that runs around with many smaller rock elementals.
Garr Summary by Role
- You will need as many tanks as there are uncontrolled adds, but tanks can hold two adds if needed. Even just a DPS warrior who equips a shield is perfectly capable of holding an add.
- Keep the boss in the center, then have the tanks spread a bit with their adds. Remember that the add should never be in melee or close to other players when it dies.
- Your main tanks should prioritize holding the first kill targets along with Garr. They can help pick up other adds that were previously banished once their target dies.
- There are lots of tanks, so make sure you are in range of all of them. Ideally assign at least one healer per tank.
- Kill Garr first before killing the adds one by one.
- No one besides the tank should ever be next to an add as it dies.
- Having multiple Warlocks for Banish is very important.
General Tips for Garr
- Warlocks are extremely important here for Banish.
- Control is key, so make sure your healers are closely watching tanks. A single tank death can mean a loose add or boss, which can result in a wipe.
- Similar to the above point, co-ordination is crucial. Have a set kill order for adds and make sure every Warlock and Tank know exactly what they will be doing.
Strategy for Garr
Garr is a simple fight mechanically, but is quite intensive for your healers and tanks. Because of the large number of adds, your tanks will be busy holding them all, and will be taking lots of damage. You should make sure at least one healer is watching each tank that is actively holding an add.
Unlike other fights, you will want to start with the entire raid burning down the boss before you start killing adds. Once the boss dies, make sure that the adds die in a controlled manner and that no one is around when they die, as the adds will explode upon death.
The hardest part of the fight is managing adds. There are two ways to hold the adds safely: tanking them or banishing them.
You should mark all of the adds at the start of the fight, assigning one Warlock or one tank per marked add. Warlocks can use Banish to control an add, which is the most ideal way to keep the adds under control. Any adds that are not being banished will need to be held by tanks, preferably with one add per tank. Once Garr is dead, just kill the adds one by one until they are all gone.
- Eruption is the AoE explosion that the adds will do when they are killed.
Loot from Garr
Below is a list of the loot available from this boss, but you can see a full loot list from the raid on our Molten Core Loot page.
Tier 1 Loot
|Circlet of Prophecy||60||Helm||Priest|
|Helm of Might||60||Helm||Warrior|
|Aged Core Leather Gloves||60||Hands|
|Deep Earth Spaulders||60||Shoulder|
|Fire Runed Grimoire||60||Off-hand|
|Magma Tempered Boots||60||Feet|
|Mana Igniting Cord||60||Waist|
|Obsidian Edged Blade||60||Weapon|
|Quick Strike Ring||60||Finger|
|Talisman of Ephemeral Power||60||Trinket|
|Bindings of the Windseeker (Right)||N/A||Legendary Reagent|
- 07 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- Same-Faction Battleground Explanations and More Testing in BCC
- One of the More Amazing Bot-Cleansing Videos
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: July 6th
- Same Faction Battlegrounds in Regular Queue Being Tested
- The End of Classic: Gorak's Guide Machinima
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 28th
- GM Mistakenly Takes BiS Item From Player for Ninjalooting, Drama and Eventual Happy Ending Ensue
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC
- New onyxia kill time