DJRemark

Cookie-cutter decks

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

Is anybody else noticing the obscene amount of cookie cutter Jade Golem decks?  It's like any time I see a Rogue/Shaman/Druid I'm like welp...  Here comes the Jade Golems!  Every...single...time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't actually see jade rogue that much. It's Questing Adventurer miracoli all the time. I personally don't mind jade decks that much. I play N'Zoth warrior with two brawls, which means it counters aggro jade shamans simply because it's a control warrior, and counters Jade Druid thanks to the Brawls and N'Zoth, the Corruptor, which is druid's weakness, as druid's only commonly played AoE is Swipe, which doesn't do almost anything to a board full of sticky high-health minions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DJRemark said:

Is anybody else noticing the obscene amount of cookie cutter Jade Golem decks?  It's like any time I see a Rogue/Shaman/Druid I'm like welp...  Here comes the Jade Golems!  Every...single...time.

For shaman and druid, yes, for rogue no.

Shaman is a pain in the a** no matter what they play, with or without jades and druid rarely sees play in a fast meta. And rogue, well, until Azure DrakeConceal and Tomb Pillager leaves standard, miracle rogue will be deck of choice. Then. maybe jade rogue will be a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

14 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

Shaman is a pain in the a** no matter what they play, with or without jades 

And soon they will get elemental synergy to make things "funnier". I fail to see what kind of elemental synergy we need that it will be useful in non shaman decks and don't compensate the loss of Trogg and Totem Golem for Shamans. 

I am curious to see how jade druids will perform without Brann and Azure drakes. Also, I am curious to see what kind of hard removal (if any) druid will get to replace mulch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Strongpoint said:

 

And soon they will get elemental synergy to make things "funnier". I fail to see what kind of elemental synergy we need that it will be useful in non shaman decks and don't compensate the loss of Trogg and Totem Golem for Shamans. 

I am curious to see how jade druids will perform without Brann and Azure drakes. Also, I am curious to see what kind of hard removal (if any) druid will get to replace mulch. 

Druid has enough card draw with Nourish and Gadgetzan Auctioneer, so power of Azure Drake is mainly spell damage, which can easily be replaced. I don't think that's a problem for jade decks. 

For Brann Bronzebeard, effect of the card is unique for sure, however, presence of Jade Idols will minimize the negative effect, as you can just add as many of them as you want to your deck. 

And for Mulch, card is not a consensus for many druid lists to say the least. I don't run them, and I don't think they are crucial. Of course it is a good single-target removal, but still.

This is just a hunch, elemental synergy may work in long term, and I guess that elemental shaman (there is only Al'Akir the Windlord which is gonna be elemental, so we don't know if deck will be viable) will be a slower deck. Real problem is shaman is, now, power level of aggro shaman is so high, even if you target it, it steamrolls you with a good opening. So, after two cards you mentioned leave standard, shaman will be weaker in early game, also considering two recent nerfs. 

Edit: Just looked again, my bad, there are new cards for shaman which will be elemental, namely, Rumbling Elemental (which will rotate out), Fire Elemental and Earth Elemental, but my opinion is same, these cards are slower than what we have now. And one more thing I forgot to say; jade golems take some time to be effective on board, so shaman will also be slower, unless they bring new broken early game cards. 

Edited by FanOfValeera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

This is just a hunch, elemental synergy may work in long term, and I guess that elemental shaman (there is only Al'Akir the Windlord which is gonna be elemental, so we don't know if deck will be viable) will be a slower deck. Real problem is shaman is, now, power level of aggro shaman is so high, even if you target it, it steamrolls you with a good opening. So, after two cards you mentioned leave standard, shaman will be weaker in early game, also considering two recent nerfs. 

Edit: Just looked again, my bad, there are new cards for shaman which will be elemental, namely, Rumbling Elemental (which will rotate out), Fire Elemental and Earth Elemental, but my opinion is same, these cards are slower than what we have now. And one more thing I forgot to say; jade golems take some time to be effective on board, so shaman will also be slower, unless they bring new broken early game cards. 

Unbound Elemental is also a card.  Hammer of Twilight will be affected. Hallazeal the Ascended is an elemental, too.  Yes, all those are slow cards and agrro shaman should become far less viable. Yet, I am tired of shamanstone in any form and worried that midrange shaman will be too powerful, again.  And lets hope that blizzard didn't do good neutral\shaman 1\2 mana elementals. 

PS.  I suspect that Dust Devil will become an elemental but this card is too awful to care about

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.