FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jaybird9876

Quest shaman deck good?

Is my quest shaman good? it's standard mode.

Shaman Cards:

1x Unite the Murlocs

2x Flametounge Totem

2x Maelstrom Portal

2x Hex

2x Call in the Finishers

1x Volcano

Neutral Cards:

2x Grimscale Oracle

1x Murloc Raider

2x Bilefin Tidehunter

1x Blowgill Sniper

2x Bluegill Warrior

2x Murloc Tidehunter

2x Rockpoint Hunter

1x Coldlight Seer

2x Primalfin Lookout

1x Arcanosmith

1x Sen'jin Shieldmasta

1x Nesting Roc

1x Prince Malchezaar

1x The Curator

Is this a good shaman quest deck?

@Jaybird9876With Unite the Murlocs, you should be looking for an aggressive/midrange approach, but a lot of your cards belong to the Control category. 

Volcano is an unreliable board-clear, and since you are going to be the one to play a lot of minions, the card will often be outclassed by other AoEs, such as Maelstrom Portal or Lightning Storm. I would suggest using Primalfin Totem as a murloc generator.

Murloc Raider is simply not good enough as a minion. Murloc Warleader is much stronger.

I assume that you mean Rockpool Hunter by Rockpoint Hunter.

Arcanosmith is a weak defensive card, as the taunt has no attack value, and the cost is too high. You should try Hot Spring Guardian instead. As for Sen'jin Shieldmasta, it is a good card, but is outclassed by Hot Spring Guardian as a defensive card due to its lower cost and additional heal.

Nesting Roc doesn't really do much in this deck, even when it is drawn by The Curator. Second Murloc Warleader should be better.

Prince Malchezaar is too random and increases the size of your deck, lowering the chance of drawing an important card and increases the expected amount of turns to complete the quest. Finja, the Flying Star should be better because of its synergy with the quest and other murloc cards, such as Murloc Warleader.

Without dragons and beasts is The Curator quite useless. You should try one copy of Gentle Megasaur to add more cards with murloc synergy, improving the value of Finja, the Flying Star.

On May 15, 2017 at 6:25 PM, positiv2 said:

@Jaybird9876With Unite the Murlocs, you should be looking for an aggressive/midrange approach, but a lot of your cards belong to the Control category. 

Volcano is an unreliable board-clear, and since you are going to be the one to play a lot of minions, the card will often be outclassed by other AoEs, such as Maelstrom Portal or Lightning Storm. I would suggest using Primalfin Totem as a murloc generator.

Murloc Raider is simply not good enough as a minion. Murloc Warleader is much stronger.

I assume that you mean Rockpool Hunter by Rockpoint Hunter.

Arcanosmith is a weak defensive card, as the taunt has no attack value, and the cost is too high. You should try Hot Spring Guardian instead. As for Sen'jin Shieldmasta, it is a good card, but is outclassed by Hot Spring Guardian as a defensive card due to its lower cost and additional heal.

Nesting Roc doesn't really do much in this deck, even when it is drawn by The Curator. Second Murloc Warleader should be better.

Prince Malchezaar is too random and increases the size of your deck, lowering the chance of drawing an important card and increases the expected amount of turns to complete the quest. Finja, the Flying Star should be better because of its synergy with the quest and other murloc cards, such as Murloc Warleader.

Without dragons and beasts is The Curator quite useless. You should try one copy of Gentle Megasaur to add more cards with murloc synergy, improving the value of Finja, the Flying Star.

I'm broke when it come to dust. So yea lol

3 hours ago, Jaybird9876 said:

I'm broke when it come to dust. So yea lol

That's the downside of quest decks - they aren't budget-friendly. Murloc Warleaders are key cards to the deck however, and without them, the deck will simply be weak.