FORUMS

I wanna try this deck,

This deck looks awful lot like an arena deck. SpellshifterTuskarr Fisherman and Ancient Mage look awkward.

I know you guys probably tried this deck before you posted it here, but a better way to go for is to probably add tech cards like The Black Knight and Skulking Geist (until Dark Pact is nerfed at least). Primordial Drake can really help against all those paladins. Make it a control-ish deck. Also, Vanish might be a nice addition as some form of board clear.

4 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

I wanna try this deck,

This deck looks awful lot like an arena deck. SpellshifterTuskarr Fisherman and Ancient Mage look awkward.

I know you guys probably tried this deck before you posted it here, but a better way to go for is to probably add tech cards like The Black Knight and Skulking Geist (until Dark Pact is nerfed at least). Primordial Drake can really help against all those paladins. Make it a control-ish deck. Also, Vanish might be a nice addition as some form of board clear.

Hi,

I certainly agree about the deck looking very much like an Arena deck.  I would argue most Odd/Even decks look that way due to the card restrictions and recent standard rotation greatly restricting the card choices available.

The deck itself is tried and tested and I understand your concern.  To address your concerns, The Black Knight does not fit into the style of the deck.  As it is a deck reliant on tempo, Sap does the job much better and if you want an additional way to push past Taunts then Spellbreaker is a better choice due to being able to push past a Voidlord.  As an Even deck, you want to be able to end the game by around turn 9, this in itself invalidates Primordial Drake as you will be positioning yourself to to end the game by the time it is playable.  However, Skulking Geist certainly work, although it is a bit slow. 

Despite being 6 weeks into the expansion, this deck is very new on the scene and as a result it is still very rough around the edges (think back to how Odd/Even Paladin decks first looked).  This deck is positioned to grow over time as more people try it and experiment with it.  So my advice for you right now would be to experiment with it!  Maybe you will find something everyone else has missed or you may simply develop a better understanding of why certain cards do not work.

I recommend at least giving it a try to at least get a feel for it and I wish you luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I assume you don't mean that you should never play AE but that you shouldn't play AE until you draw Auctioneer. Can you explain why? I thought one of the win conditions of AE Rogue is to get something like Prep -> AE and then play high cost cards in the early turns to win the game.

On 8/11/2018 at 10:25 AM, unHappy said:

I assume you don't mean that you should never play AE but that you shouldn't play AE until you draw Auctioneer. Can you explain why? I thought one of the win conditions of AE Rogue is to get something like Prep -> AE and then play high cost cards in the early turns to win the game.

AE into an early high-Cost card is certainly a way to steal wins, but not a reliable one. Even though the majority of cards you shuffle will have a base Cost greater than 1, it does not mean they will be good 1-Mana players and you will often still want to play card that were in your own deck instead and diluting your deck with Mediocre 1-Mana cards will often cause you to stall. AE can get out of control when you can go for huge tempo plays by playing multiple 1-Mana cards in a single turn, but to do that you need help from your draw tools like Gadgetzan Auctioneer.