Ancient Mage — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
Ancient Mage is a neutral minion. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Ancient Mage may seem like a powerful source of Spell Damage for your deck, however, its ability relies on having two minions on the board to achieve its full effect, which cannot be guaranteed.
Ancient Mage is rarely seen in Constructed. Although it can be a very powerful source of Spell Damage, it is highly inconsistent. Cards such as Bloodmage Thalnos, Azure Drake, or if on a budget, Kobold Geomancer will be much more consistent options for your deck.
Ancient Mage is very poor in Arena. The effect is too situational, and most Arena decks will feature less spells than a Constructed deck, making the card even weaker. More consistent 4-drop minions with solid stats will be stronger picks for your deck.
- Galakrond Priest Hotfix: December 10th
- Descent of Dragons Update Notes
- Why Diablo 2 Still Holds Up After 20 Years - Book Excerpt
- List of Known Issues After the 16.0 Patch
- Hearthstone Update 16.0 Patch Notes
- Battlegrounds MMR Updates: December 5th
- All Descent of Dragons Cards Revealed
- BlizzCon Winning Cosplays Interview
- Tombs of Terror Reno Jackson
- A new RP-Realm Toy: The Craftily Crafted Mask
- Basic Druid Deck
- pre-release dod cards
- Aggro Tempo Mage
- Missing Cards
- Battlegrounds Strategy
- Arena Hunter Tier Lists