Table of Contents
Ancient Mage is a neutral minion. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Ancient Mage may seem like a powerful source of Spell Damage for your deck, however, its ability relies on having two minions on the board to achieve its full effect, which cannot be guaranteed.
2. Constructed Play
Ancient Mage is rarely seen in Constructed. Although it can be a very powerful source of Spell Damage, it is highly inconsistent. Cards such as Bloodmage Thalnos, Azure Drake, or if on a budget, Kobold Geomancer will be much more consistent options for your deck.
Ancient Mage is very poor in Arena. The effect is too situational, and most Arena decks will feature less spells than a Constructed deck, making the card even weaker. More consistent 4-drop minions with solid stats will be stronger picks for your deck.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
There are currently no decks on Icy Veins that use this card.
- Ben Brode on Promo Cards
- Brian Holinka Leaves World of Warcraft Team
- Destiny 2 PC Release Date, Pre-Order Announced
- New Job Posting Hints at Remastering of Old Titles
- Possible Return of the Lich King Expansion
- EU Top Hearthstone Players - May 2017 [Official]
- US Top Hearthstone Players - May 2017 [Official]
- Mulligans Episode 4: Art Gallery
- Mill Rogue - questions
- Miracle Dragon Priest Standard
- Aggro Rogue Standard
- A Preist with a meme for a dream
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Average amount of dust / cardpack
- Handlock Warlock Un'Goro Standard
- Arena Paladin Tier Lists