The Black Knight — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
The Black Knight is a neutral minion. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
The Black Knight is designed to stop the meta from becoming too Taunt heavy. As a tech card, it relies on your opponent playing Taunt minions to be of use. The stats of The Black Knight are the same as for a 4 Mana Chillwind Yeti which means that it has to get 2 Mana worth of use with its Battlecry. If it destroys a Taunt minion of any kind it will cover that cost easily, however if it does not then it becomes a very poor card, which can make it a risky card to include in your deck.
2. Constructed Play
Over time, Taunt has become a bigger feature of Hearthstone. Powerful Taunt cards such as The Curator, The Lich King and Sunkeeper Tarim have added huge targets for The Black Knight to destroy in Control matchups. There has also been a trend of putting Taunt minions in more aggressive decks to protect the other minions on board. The Black Knight can be cumbersome in those matchups, but will still sometimes see some value. Due to these factors, The Black Knight has seen a rise in popularity in Constructed play since the release of Knights of the Frozen Throne.
In Arena, it is very likely that The Black Knight will be able to use its Battlecry effectively, and is therefore a powerful card. Not only is the card getting value when it destroys a Taunt minion, but it simultaneously generates tempo. This is the perfect combination for Arena play.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- The Lich King Lifesteal Dragon Priest Deck
- Kibler's Top 100 Legend Handbuff Paladin Deck
- Theo's Top 20 Legend Deathknight Tempo Warrior Deck
- Findan's Rank #1 Legend Murloc Paladin Deck
- Zalae's Rank 1 Legend Jade Druid Deck
- DerpyTroller's Rank 1 Legend Aggro Druid Deck
- Fibonacci's N'Zoth Tempo Warrior Deck
- Urana's Rank 1 Legend Handlock Deck
- The Witchwood Full Spoiler Schedule
- "New Year Of The Raven" Party Will Reward Packs With Each Daily Quest
- Ben Brode Answers Community Questions In Video For WIRED
- Enrage Keyword To Be Replaced By "While Damaged"
- More Witchwood Spoilers Coming March 26th, Set Likely To Release April 12th
- This Week's Starcraft-Themed Tavern Brawl Rewards Three K&C Packs
- What's the Move #19 - Shadowy Thoughts
- Four Common Hearthstone Mistakes And How To Prevent Them
- Help me build this warrior
- Silver Hand Paladin Deck List
- Witchwood Worth it?
- The Witchwood Expansion Hub
- Throwback Decks
- The Lich King
- Wild Paladin OTK Deck
- OTK Djinni Priest Standard