FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sleete

Missing Card ?

Hi as I mentioned in another thread I was looking at a midrange hunter deck and am just 4 cards short - The Legendary Deathstalker Rexxar will have to wait (1600 dust, I'll have to substitute - any ideas ?) and  I can craft the others (280 dust total) except for one.... Master's Call    I guess it's one that has to be found in a pack, yes ? ( so again I'll have to substitute anyway).

Edited by Sleete

Deathstalker rexxar is important, but no card is actually crucial. However, not using this card change a lot the way you should play this deck, because the hero is a win condition against some kind of slower decks. Knowing this, there are match-up when you should play a lot more aggressive, while for example a pro streamer would play more defensively, trying to wait for the death knight and then using him to win.

For the substitution, I need to see your decklist first. Can you post it?

Candleshot Dire Mole  Springpaw  Timber Wolf  Tracking  Crackling Razormaw  Hunter's Mark  Scavenging Hyena Animal Companion

Kill Command  Master's Call  Unleash the Hounds   Flanking Strike   Tundra Rhino   Deathstalker Rexxar Savannah Highmane

2 of each except Rhino and of course Rexxar

Missing is Master's Call, Flanking Strike, Rexxar and Savannah Highmane

I can craft Flanking and Savannah - not enough for Rexxar, and of course unable to do Master's Call

Would Dire Frenzy be a good sub for Master's Call ?

and perhaps Abomination for Rexxar ?

Edited by Sleete
Suggested substitutes

Savannah is a must, I think that you should use her at 2. It's very strong and you'll use it in every hunter deck that plays (6) mana cards.

I remember that you have Halazzi, the Lynx, you can use her for the synergy with the hyena. Not having draws, I think that you can play 2 Houndmaster instead of master's call, to have a good curve. Flanking strike is a common, so you'll find it in packs eventually. If you own it, Baited Arrow cover the same place as strike, only a little weaker. If you don't, maybe a mortal shot as a removal, or a Bearshark for a better curve.

As I said, not having Rexxar means that you have a worse match-up against slower control deck. When you face them, you should try to be faster and to rush them down, as you can't use Rexxar to generate infinite value and win the grind game. Sometimes you need to go more face and let them make the trade, instead of doing them yourself.

8 hours ago, Synesthesy said:

Savannah is a must, I think that you should use her at 2. It's very strong and you'll use it in every hunter deck that plays (6) mana cards.

I remember that you have Halazzi, the Lynx, you can use her for the synergy with the hyena. Not having draws, I think that you can play 2 Houndmaster instead of master's call, to have a good curve. Flanking strike is a common, so you'll find it in packs eventually. If you own it, Baited Arrow cover the same place as strike, only a little weaker. If you don't, maybe a mortal shot as a removal, or a Bearshark for a better curve.

As I said, not having Rexxar means that you have a worse match-up against slower control deck. When you face them, you should try to be faster and to rush them down, as you can't use Rexxar to generate infinite value and win the grind game. Sometimes you need to go more face and let them make the trade, instead of doing them yourself.

ok I have none of baited, bearshark, no mortal shot ,  amazing that flank is common, in in nigh on 40 packs not got it. 

so replace masters call with houndmaster, halazzi takes rexxars slot, and I guess I craft Strike & Savannah

then see what happens!

By the way, what do you mean by 'Sometimes you need to go more face.....' attack the hero, rather than the minions ?

and thanks again  Synesthesy

Edited by Sleete
lotsa little bits

8 hours ago, Sleete said:

By the way, what do you mean by 'Sometimes you need to go more face.....' attack the hero, rather than the minions ?

Yes, going face means attacking the hero and not a minion.

It takes some time and experience to learn when going face is better then trading into minions.

(That's especially true for arena!)

Thanks WedgeAntilles

ok set up the following Lets see what it does 

Midrange Halazzi Hunter
 Class: Hunter
 Format: Standard
 Year of the Raven

2x (1) Candleshot
 2x (1) Dire Mole
 2x (1) Springpaw
 2x (1) Timber Wolf
 2x (1) Tracking