FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Arena Warlock Tier Lists

Guest gmoney

Why is Spiteful Smith "Above Average" when streetwise investigator is "below average" 

they are the same card stats while Streetwise might be useful, Spiteful will almost assuredly never be for Warlocks (or any other non-weapon class). 

1 hour ago, Guest gmoney said:

Why is Spiteful Smith "Above Average" when streetwise investigator is "below average" 

they are the same card stats while Streetwise might be useful, Spiteful will almost assuredly never be for Warlocks (or any other non-weapon class). 

Thank you for pointing it out. This issue will be resolved soon.
Also, while it is indeed an issue, warlock can still get weapons from Blingtron 3000Medivh, the Guardian and Lord Jaraxxus (as well as from very random cards, like Upgrade! from Nexus-Champion Saraad), and druid, a non-weapon class as well, can discover a weapon from multi-class discovers (Lotus Agents).

Guest gmoney

I don't understand why you are justifying this... I said "almost assuredly never" which I stand by as you don't necessarily get a legendary every draft, especially not one of those four legionaries. Yes in cases of extreme RNG you can get a weapon, but encountering a minion with stealth while playing is still much more likely. 

10 hours ago, Guest gmoney said:

I don't understand why you are justifying this... I said "almost assuredly never" which I stand by as you don't necessarily get a legendary every draft, especially not one of those four legionaries. Yes in cases of extreme RNG you can get a weapon, but encountering a minion with stealth while playing is still much more likely. 

I am not justifying it, I was just pointing out that the chance of getting a weapon for a non-weapon class is not that low to be called "almost assuredly never". I also forgot Grand Crusader and Sir Finley Mrrgglton.

Anyway, the issue has been resolved now. Both minions are in tier 5.

Guest Øyvind

Hi, I hate to be one of "those guys", but I really can't find Sacrificial Pact. I know it's probably one of the worst arena cards, but shouldn't it be on here, none-the-less?

10 hours ago, Guest Øyvind said:

Hi, I hate to be one of "those guys", but I really can't find Sacrificial Pact. I know it's probably one of the worst arena cards, but shouldn't it be on here, none-the-less?

Sacrificial Pact is no longer available during draft. You can obtain the card through random effects (such as Spellslinger) only.

Cataclysm is listed as a Tier 2 card, but when I read the Arena portion of the card's page, it states "Cataclysm is a poor card in Arena due to the fact that the recovery from discarding your hand will tend to be too slow." I think you are sending mixed signals concerning this card in arena.

In comparison, Twisting Nether, which is listed as a Tier 6 card, is described as "mediocre" in the Arena portion of the card's explanation. Personally, I agree with the synopses and feel that Cataclysm should be dropped below Twisting Nether in the rankings.

Edited by CaptLando
added the paragraph about Twisting Nether

13 hours ago, CaptLando said:

Cataclysm is listed as a Tier 2 card, but when I read the Arena portion of the card's page, it states "Cataclysm is a poor card in Arena due to the fact that the recovery from discarding your hand will tend to be too slow." I think you are sending mixed signals concerning this card in arena.

In comparison, Twisting Nether, which is listed as a Tier 6 card, is described as "mediocre" in the Arena portion of the card's explanation. Personally, I agree with the synopses and feel that Cataclysm should be dropped below Twisting Nether in the rankings.

Thanks for pointing this out! I thought it had already been fixed, so I'll remind our authors to fix this issue.

Guest Missing cards

It seems to me, that there are plenty of cards missing?? (the same goes for mage tier, and at least some of the missing cards are overlapping) I use Ctrl+F

Common: Refreshment Vendor

Rare: Azure Drake, Imp-losion, Jeeves

Just to name a few...

1 hour ago, Guest Missing cards said:

It seems to me, that there are plenty of cards missing?? (the same goes for mage tier, and at least some of the missing cards are overlapping) I use Ctrl+F

Common: Refreshment Vendor

Rare: Azure Drake, Imp-losion, Jeeves

Just to name a few...

Hey, arena tier lists will not be updated for Wildfest. This means that none of the wild cards can be found in the tier lists. Wildfest ends in two days, after which the tier lists should be fully usable again.

Guest Zug

Floating Watcher is "Above Average", Kvaldir Raider is "Bad".  Interesting, given that they typically function the same way (Watcher is clearly better of course, but only situationally).

Guest Graateful Player

I just used this for the first time after I got maybe four card picks into a warlock arena draw.  I haven't tried looking for arena tier lists for a long time, but I had quit playing for quite awhile and now coming back I have no grasp whatsoever as to what makes a card better than any other even when I listen to player advice and systems on how to understand.  So thankfully I tried googling arena listings and used this!  Until now I had played Arena maybe 9 times in the last three days and I have lost nearly every arena without going over 0 or 1 win.  Now that I used this I am already at 3 wins with no loses so far.  I know I am not stupid...I know how to use cards, but for the love of God I cannot choose them well.  Thanks everyone who put lists like these together!