Cataclysm — Warlock Card
Table of Contents
Cataclysm is a Warlock-only spell. This card was introduced with Kobolds & Catacombs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Cataclysm is a powerful spell for Warlock, but it has a huge downside. When casting this spell, you need to be confident that you can rapidly recover from discarding your hand, or you will be overwhelmed by your opponent's board reload on the following turn. With this in mind, the card generally lends itself to being played later than the initial 4-Mana cost might suggest.
In Constructed play, Cataclysm is best used with discard synergies such as Malchezaar's Imp, Clutchmother Zavas, or Silverware Golem. It is also a good card when used alongside Lakkari Sacrifice, as it can enable a rapid completion of the quest, and do so onto an empty opposing board. It can also function well in slower decks with Deathrattle cards, such as Cairne Bloodhoof.
Cataclysm is a poor card in Arena due to the fact that the recovery from discarding your hand will tend to be too slow. It can be manipulated so that it clears a lot of enemy minions, but unless there are specific synergies in your deck that interact very favourably with Cataclysm, you will usually steer clear of this card due to the punishing downside.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Activision Blizzard Announces First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
- BlizzCon 2023 Update by Blizzard President Mike Ybarra
- A Misunderstanding May Have Been the Cause of Activision Blizzard Games Not Being Available in China
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- Classic Freeze Mage Deck
- Classic Miracle Rogue Deck
- Skeleton Mage Deck
- Gruul the Dragonkiller Challenge
- Classic Face Hunter Deck