Cataclysm — Warlock Card
Table of Contents
Cataclysm is a Warlock-only spell. This card can be obtained from Kobolds & Catacombs packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Cataclysm is a powerful spell for Warlock, but it has a huge downside. When casting this spell, you need to be confident that you can rapidly recover from discarding your hand, or you will be overwhelmed by your opponent's board reload on the following turn. With this in mind, the card generally lends itself to being played later than the initial 4-Mana cost might suggest.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed play, Cataclysm is best used with discard synergies such as Malchezaar's Imp, Clutchmother Zavas, or Silverware Golem. It is also a good card when used alongside Lakkari Sacrifice, as it can enable a rapid completion of the quest, and do so onto an empty opposing board. It can also function well in slower decks with Deathrattle cards, such as Cairne Bloodhoof.
Cataclysm is a poor card in Arena due to the fact that the recovery from discarding your hand will tend to be too slow. It can be manipulated so that it clears a lot of enemy minions, but unless there are specific synergies in your deck that interact very favourably with Cataclysm, you will usually steer clear of this card due to the punishing downside.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- PC Gamer Reveals Three Treant-Themed Druid Cards
- Three Exciting Cards Revealed In Hearthside Chat With Peter Whalen
- This Week's Tavern Brawl: Ragnaros' Fire Festival!
- Annoy-o-Module Card Reveal
- The Boomsday Project Full Spoiler Schedule
- Magnetic Hearthside Chat Shows Off New Mechanic, Reveals Four New Cards
- The Midsummer Fire Festival Has Returned
- Menacing Nimbus Card Reveal
- Zoo Warlock
- Control Mage
- Boomsday Project Hub
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Is the game dying?
- Token Druid
- Even Warrior
- Tracker Monster Hunter