Cataclysm — Warlock Card
Table of Contents
Cataclysm is a Warlock-only spell. This card can be obtained from Kobolds & Catacombs packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Cataclysm is a powerful spell for Warlock, but it has a huge downside. When casting this spell, you need to be confident that you can rapidly recover from discarding your hand, or you will be overwhelmed by your opponent's board reload on the following turn. With this in mind, the card generally lends itself to being played later than the initial 4-Mana cost might suggest.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed play, Cataclysm is best used with discard synergies such as Malchezaar's Imp, Clutchmother Zavas, or Silverware Golem. It is also a good card when used alongside Lakkari Sacrifice, as it can enable a rapid completion of the quest, and do so onto an empty opposing board. It can also function well in slower decks with Deathrattle cards, such as Cairne Bloodhoof.
Cataclysm is a poor card in Arena due to the fact that the recovery from discarding your hand will tend to be too slow. It can be manipulated so that it clears a lot of enemy minions, but unless there are specific synergies in your deck that interact very favourably with Cataclysm, you will usually steer clear of this card due to the punishing downside.
4. Meta Decks with Cataclysm
Discard Quest Warlock Deck 12 spells, 17 minions, 1 hero_card
|12,120||Jan 01 2019|
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Blizzard Survey Asks: "Would You Continue Playing Hearthstone if There Were No Tournaments"
- Bungie Regains Publishing Rights for Destiny
- Tavern Brawl: Old and New
- January Update: Arena and Rumble Run Changes
- New Wild Bundle Available With 40 Card Packs From Past Expansions
- Ben Brode's Second Dinner Working on a Marvel Game
- Meme worthy game. (Tess)
- Whizbang the Wonderful
- Thanks Icy Veins
- OTK Mage
- Puzzle Lab's Dr. Boom's Puzzles
- Is the game dying?
- Rumble Run
- Rumble Run Zul'jin