Cataclysm — Warlock Card
Table of Contents
Cataclysm is a Warlock-only spell. This card was introduced with Kobolds & Catacombs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Cataclysm is a powerful spell for Warlock, but it has a huge downside. When casting this spell, you need to be confident that you can rapidly recover from discarding your hand, or you will be overwhelmed by your opponent's board reload on the following turn. With this in mind, the card generally lends itself to being played later than the initial 4-Mana cost might suggest.
In Constructed play, Cataclysm is best used with discard synergies such as Malchezaar's Imp, Clutchmother Zavas, or Silverware Golem. It is also a good card when used alongside Lakkari Sacrifice, as it can enable a rapid completion of the quest, and do so onto an empty opposing board. It can also function well in slower decks with Deathrattle cards, such as Cairne Bloodhoof.
Cataclysm is a poor card in Arena due to the fact that the recovery from discarding your hand will tend to be too slow. It can be manipulated so that it clears a lot of enemy minions, but unless there are specific synergies in your deck that interact very favourably with Cataclysm, you will usually steer clear of this card due to the punishing downside.
Decks with Cataclysm
Wild Discard Quest Warlock Deck Guide 12 spells, 17 minions, 1 hero card
|12,120||Apr 08 2019|
- Hearthstone 16.2.4 Update Coming Tomorrow
- Blizzard President J. Allen Brack on Warcraft III Reforged Launch
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2019 Earnings Call: Diablo Immortal Testing in Mid-2020, WoW Sub Growth
- Hearthstone 16.2.3 Update Notes
- New Head of the Diablo Franchise Is Rod Ferguson of Gears of War
- Last Chance to Buy the 2019 Virtual Ticket
- Blizzard Offering Automated Warcraft III Reforged Refunds
- Get Your Charity Server Blade Fixed Before March 31, 2020
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- How often is there a patch?
- Anybody else finding the Demons meta to be pretty much unplayable?
- This Weeks Tavern Brawl
- Dragonrider Talritha
- Dragonrider Talritha Druid Deck
- Nithogg Priest Deck