Mage DPS AoE Farming Gear
On this page, you will find the best gear for AoE farming with your Mage DPS in WoW Classic. For more gearing advice, please refer to our Mage DPS Gearing and Best in Slot guide.
Mage AoE Grinding Best in Slot (BiS) List
This is the easily accessible gear we recommend for gold farming with area of effect spells. Your main focus should be on Intellect to ensure you have enough Mana to kill the packs of enemies before dying, and on Stamina so that you do not die first.
While there are many items that have as much, or more Intellect and Stamina as these and also other useful stats (especially PvP gear!), listing everything on this guide is impossible and, as such, we opted to go with the easiest obtainable items outside simple of the Eagle gear, which you should absolutely search and buy out on the auction house once you get to Level 60, for a good jump start.
We will also not be listing PvP gear here because of its difficulty to acquire, although many, if not most, of the pieces are better for AoE farming than the pieces we listed. Make sure to use any high Intellect / Stamina pieces you get!
An item that deserves a special mention is the Blade of Eternal Darkness, which you can get from killing Princess Theradras in Maraudon. Using this item, you can do special pulls in Zul'Gurub, as shown by FP in this video, increasing your farming efficiency.
Finally, make sure to get at least some pieces of the Magister's Regalia (and / or Dreadmist / Devout) set, as the 2-set is very easy to get and provides you with 200 Armor for a good damage reduction increase, and both the 4- and 6-set have their uses as well. You will also be able to put some Necropile Raiment pieces to good use, as they generally carry high Intellect and Stamina, which we desire.
We did not list any one-hand weapon plus off-hand combos on purpose, as those tend to have very low Intellect and / or Stamina, and are best used for Spell Power based single target focused gear sets.
Check our Goldmaking Guide for Mages in order to learn about some spots where you can put this gear to good use!
You can find more Mage BiS lists in our dedicated gear hub below.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added Staff of Balzaphon.
- 12 Jul. 2020: Added a special mention to Blade of Eternal Darkness.
- 23 Apr. 2020: Added Zulian Ceremonial Staff.
- 11 Feb. 2020: Guide added.
- World's Fastest Onyxia Speed Kill in WoW Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Update: April 9th
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Raid Testing: April 13 - 15
- Daily Instance Cap is Over 50 on The Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Sealed Packages Added on the Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Burning Crusade Classic Boost Quests: Brand New BC Content
- New Burning Crusade Classic Build: Cap Raised to Level 70 & More
- New onyxia kill time
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Chaos Recruiting for TBC Classic [H] [Herod]
- No one wants retris
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- TBC Transition+
- Looking for guild with EARLY RAID TIMES