Gnomeregan Quests Guide
This guide lists all the quests you can do in the Gnomeregan dungeon: Alliance quests, Horde quests, class quests, profession quests, quests you need to get before entering the dungeons, and quests you get inside the dungeons. The idea is to help you do all the quests in a single run of the dungeon.
For more information about the dungeon, please refer to our detailed Gnomeregan dungeon guide.
This dungeon has a large number of quests for both Alliance and Horde players.
Below is a list of quests available to players, with their level requirement and faction.
- A/ H  A Fine Mess (started inside the dungeon)
- A/ H  Grime-Encrusted Ring (started inside the dungeon)
- A  The Only Cure is More Green Glow
- A  Gyrodrillmatic Excavationators
- A  Save Techbot's Brain!
- A  Essential Artificials
- A  Data Rescue
- A  The Grand Betrayal
- H  Gnomer-gooooone!
- H  Rig Wars
Players of both factions will need to be at least Level 28 if they wish to complete every quest in Gnomeregan.
Quests in Gnomeregan
The following quests are started outside of the dungeon for Alliance players only.
- Data Rescue (requires Level 25) — bring a Prismatic Punch Card to
Master Mechanic Castpipe in Ironforge. This can only be obtained by
using a White Punch Card on the 4 terminals throughout Gnomeregan.
- Terminal A — this is located outside of the dungeon, in the area outside the instance.
- Terminal B — this is located near the dormitory, which is accessed by following the upper level above Viscous Fallout all the way around to the southwestern tunnel, rather than dropping off the side.
- Terminal C — this is found on the platform of Electrocutioner 6000.
- Terminal D — this is located on the lower floor of the Crowd Pummeler 9-60 area.
- Essential Artificials (requires Level 24) — collect 12 Essential Artificials, which spawn all over the dungeon. This quest is given by Klockmort Spannerspan in Ironforge.
- Gyrodrillmatic Excavationators (requires Level 20) — collect 24 Robo-mechanical Guts from the mechanical mobs of the dungeon. This quest is given by Shoni the Shilent in Stormwind City.
- Save Techbot's Brain! (requires Level 20) — retrieve the memory core of Techbot, who is located outside of Gnomeregan, to the north of the Train Station. This quest is given by Tinkmaster Overspark in Ironforge.
- The Grand Betrayal (requires Level 25) — kill Mekgineer Thermaplugg. This quest is given by High Tinker Mekkatorque in Ironforge.
- The Only Cure is More Green Glow (requires Level 20) — retrieve High Potency Radioactive Fallout from the irradiated elemental trash mobs of the dungeon. This quest is given by Ozzie Togglevolt in Kharanos, Dun Morogh.
The Only Cure is More Green Glow
In order to obtain this quest, you will need to complete the quest chain that starts with The Day After, which starts with Gnoarn. You will need to visit Ozzie Togglevolt in Kharanos and then collect radioactive fallout from the troggs in Gnomeregan for Gnogaine. This will unlock The Only Cure is More Green Glow.
There is only 1 Horde-only quest in this dungeon, Rig Wars. Nogg in Orgrimmar wants you to retrieve the Rig Blueprints and Thermaplugg's Safe Combination from Gnomeregan. After killing Mekgineer Thermaplugg, take his safe combination and then open the safe nearby for the blueprints.
Players can also complete the quest Gnomer-gooooone!, which unlocks the teleport from Booty Bay to Gnomeregan for easier access. To do so, you will need to complete a chain from Sovik in Orgrimmar. Note that, you cannot pick this quest up without already having Rig Wars in your quest log.
There are 2 neutral quests in this dungeon, both of which are started inside the instance.
- A Fine Mess (requires Level 20) — escort Kernobee to the exit. This quest is picked up inside the instance, with Kernobee located to the east of the punch card machine in the dormitory. You will hand this in to Scooty in Booty Bay after completing your run.
- Grime-Encrusted Ring (requires Level 28) — this quest is started by the Grime-Encrusted Ring item. Take it to be cleaned in the cleaning rooms and, although all the machines do not work, one of them will eventually work if you try multiple ones. The item is dropped by Dark Iron Agent mobs in the dungeon.
Grime-Encrusted Ring will, once completed, offer players a new quest chain to follow. The follow-on quest, Return of the Ring, for Alliance, or Return of the Ring for the Horde, tasks you with finding the owner of the ring.
Alliance players will need to head to Ironforge and find Talvash del Kissel in the Mystic Ward, while Horde players will need to find Nogg in the Valley of Honor in Orgrimmar.
Both factions will then receive a follow-up quest that requires the same materials to upgrade their ring.
- Gnome Improvement — giving Talvash your ring, a Silver Bar, and a Moss Agate, as well as 30 silver, will reward you with Talvash's Gold Ring.
- Nogg's Ring Redo — giving Nogg your ring, a Silver Bar, and a Moss Agate, as well as 30 silver, will reward you with Nogg's Gold Ring.
Notable Quest Loot from Gnomeregan
|Civinad Robes||The Grand Betrayal||Chest|
|Dual Reinforced Leggings||The Grand Betrayal||Legs|
|Triprunner Dungarees||The Grand Betrayal||Legs|
|Civinad Robes||Rig Wars||Chest|
|Dual Reinforced Leggings||Rig Wars||Legs|
|Triprunner Dungarees||Rig Wars||Legs|
- 18 Oct. 2019: Guide added.
- More Onyxia 3-man Kills!
- Daily Botters Removed Number Is "In the Thousands"
- WoW Classic Phase 5 Hotfixes: September 14th
- Rank 14 on a Level 59 Character??
- The Best Record Ever: Fastest No-PvP Death
- Ahn'Qiraj 40 No Skip Speed Run Record Set at 38:47
- Rumor: Naxxramas and Burning Crusade Classic Beta Release Dates
- AQ War Effort Auto-complete Hotfix
- The Best PvP weapon in classic for a warrior ?
- [Q]Opener Trinket Swap
- Looking for real help
- Smite Priest DPS Guide
- A casual, social and troll free community for players of all levels!
- [Scholomance SOLO] Warlock, World First ?
- What happened to the UI community?