FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Cheap Warrior Standard

On 23. 10. 2016 at 2:16 PM, Guest sss said:

The deck is now broken - after Charge has been nerfed. Would be great to see an alternative cheap warrior.

On 23. 10. 2016 at 0:19 PM, Guest Sunstringer said:

Looking over this deck after the Charge nerf it's almost completely unusable as a 1-kill raging worgen deck since charge no longer allows you to attack the enemy hero. Might be time to move this one to the archive?

The deck is now updated and no longer contains charge. The archetype changed from OTK Worgen to aggro pirate.

I just built this new deck. I am new to warrior and wanted to try it, fortunately this just came out as I was looking into building a deck. I've only ever played the cheap mage C'Thun deck so this is a little different.  I have only played a 3 games so far. 1 win and 2 losses. But the two losses were against other warriors. 

9 hours ago, theline93x2 said:

I just built this new deck. I am new to warrior and wanted to try it, fortunately this just came out as I was looking into building a deck. I've only ever played the cheap mage C'Thun deck so this is a little different.  I have only played a 3 games so far. 1 win and 2 losses. But the two losses were against other warriors. 

Aggro decks are often problematic for newer players as they are taught to often trade. While I don't know if that's your case, you could try trading less in the mid- and late-game, especially against control decks, such as most warrior decks. You could also send us a replay of you playing this deck. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Aggro decks are often problematic for newer players as they are taught to often trade.

You hit the nail on the head I think. I've been more focused on  making sure they can't hit me back. Especially because the only real deck that I've been anything close to successful with or ever really used besides all the basic decks on here, is the Cheap C'Thun Mage. I only got to rank 16 with it last month but I didn't actively try to push further. I've just been trying to expand my pool of decks to different play styles to better understand what I'm up against.

And thank you, I will if I continue to have problems, I am also currently trying to merge it over to the full budget version, if I remember correctly I am only missing Leeroy Jenkins, and Captain Greenskin, which, the guide refers to substituting Captian Greenskin. Do you think I'll be okay without them? 

Edited by theline93x2

46 minutes ago, theline93x2 said:

I am also currently trying to merge it over to the full budget version, if I remember correctly I am only missing Leeroy Jenkins, and Captain Greenskin, which, the guide refers to substituting Captian Greenskin. Do you think I'll be okay without them? 

The AFK Bodypuller can easily be temporarily replaced by a Reckless Rocketeer. One more mana and one less damage, but their use is exactly the same: throw on board, smash opponent to finish him off.

As for Captain Greenskin, you have a choice:

- First possibility is going for another weapon/another minion that grant you a weapon like Arathi Weaponsmith. Your arsenal is never big enough.

-Second possibility is taking one Spellbreaker/Ironbeak Owl to deal with any late-game big threat like Ancient of WarTirion Fordring or Sylvanas Windrunner you'd rather not smash into. 

Which one of these options is the best one depends on what you run into the most, aggro/midrange or control decks. I personally use a Spellbreaker, but I have to admit it more often than not sits dead in my hand or gets played just to get anoth minion on the board, simply because the game is already sealed (in one way or the other) before turn 6 when the heavy hitters start coming out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keizoku said:

The AFK Bodypuller can easily be temporarily replaced by a Reckless Rocketeer. One more mana and one less damage, but their use is exactly the same: throw on board, smash opponent to finish him off.

As for Captain Greenskin, you have a choice:

- First possibility is going for another weapon/another minion that grant you a weapon like Arathi Weaponsmith. Your arsenal is never big enough.

-Second possibility is taking one Spellbreaker/Ironbeak Owl to deal with any late-game big threat like Ancient of WarTirion Fordring or Sylvanas Windrunner you'd rather not smash into. 

Thank you! I was really concerned about not having Leeroy. and since the deck already has 1 Arathi Weaponsmith, I think I will take Spellbreaker or IronBeak Owl for a just in case type of card.

Guest Rob

Hi,

Thanks for nice deck.

Is Southsea captain a good addition to deck? In that case, what card is out?

4 hours ago, Guest Rob said:

Is Southsea captain a good addition to deck? In that case, what card is out?

In honesty, no, not really. Yes he has nice interaction with some cards, but at the same time, he is a removal magnet, he will die quickly and you will very rarely have enough pirates on board for him to make a huge impact. 

The deck is more about pushing damage rather than pirate synergy, there are just a few pirate cards in there.

14 minutes ago, Erdluf said:

Would any of the cheap pirates from MSoG be an improvement? Perhaps Small-Time Buccaneer over Bluegill Warrior or Acidic Swamp Ooze. Maybe Naga Corsair over Kor'kron Elite.

Bluegill Warrior can be swapped for Small-Time Buccaneer.  Kor'kron Elite is a staple right now in the full budget version of this deck so I wouldn't recommend removing him. The only Pirates from MSoG that I run in my Pirate warrior are Small-Time Buccaneer and Patches the Pirate. 

Guest Belinir

Unfortunately, this deck never built enough momentum for me and dies once I start topdecking. I'll probably have to go for another netdeck.

4 hours ago, Guest Belinir said:

Unfortunately, this deck never built enough momentum for me and dies once I start topdecking. I'll probably have to go for another netdeck.

Well, this deck is a budget one as you can see, which means it's weaker than the full budget counterpart, but it should be still enough to get you at least 50% winrate around rank 15-10. If you are using the deck past rank 10, I suggest investing some dust in the full-budget version.

2 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

How about adding Naga Corsair to this deck. It will still be budget, and could replace Bash.

Sure. Bash is used mostly to stabilize against aggro decks, but if you feel more aggressive approach would be helpful, which I personally believe to be true for this deck after 7.1, you can include Naga Corsair.

32 minutes ago, TheOriginalTrinity said:

So Im dont see what is your card draw souce?Almost always lacking options in late game

This deck isn't supposed to get into the late-game. Instead, you are supposed to push the opponent, try not to trade too much, go face and win before you run out of cards, just like with every aggro deck. 
So, trade less, go face more and you'll most likely find yourself winning more.