Ancient of War
Table of Contents
Ancient of War is a Druid-only minion. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Ancient of War is one of the overall highest value minions in the game. However, it is expensive and slow, making it inappropriate for faster decks. It is always vulnerable to a Silence or Transform effect, while each option has a hard counter in the form of Big Game Hunter and The Black Knight. Big Game Hunter is much more common in the meta however, which makes Taunt form a much more powerful option in the majority of situations.
2. Constructed Play
Ancient of War offers extremely high defensive value, it is sometimes seen as a single copy in Midrange Druid decks, but is mostly seen in slower Control Druid decks that play numerous Taunt minions to wall out the opponent.
Ancient of War is a fantastic card in Arena. The hard counters to Ancient of War such as The Black Knight are very uncommon, meaning that it will often get to achieve its full value, picking up a 2-for-1 trade or better. Ancient of War should almost always be played in Taunt form in Arena.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Ben Brode on Promo Cards
- Brian Holinka Leaves World of Warcraft Team
- Destiny 2 PC Release Date, Pre-Order Announced
- New Job Posting Hints at Remastering of Old Titles
- Possible Return of the Lich King Expansion
- EU Top Hearthstone Players - May 2017 [Official]
- US Top Hearthstone Players - May 2017 [Official]
- Mulligans Episode 4: Art Gallery
- Mill Rogue - questions
- Miracle Dragon Priest Standard
- Aggro Rogue Standard
- A Preist with a meme for a dream
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Average amount of dust / cardpack
- Handlock Warlock Un'Goro Standard
- Arena Paladin Tier Lists