Ancient of War — Druid Card
Table of Contents
Ancient of War is a Druid-only minion. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Ancient of War is one of the overall highest value minions in the game. However, it is expensive and slow, making it inappropriate for faster decks. It is always vulnerable to a Silence or Transform effect, while each option has a hard counter in the form of The Black Knight. Big Game Hunter is much more common in the meta however, which makes Taunt form a much more powerful option in the majority of situations.and
Ancient of War offers extremely high defensive value, it is sometimes seen as a single copy in Midrange Druid decks, but is mostly seen in slower Control Druid decks that play numerous Taunt minions to wall out the opponent.
Ancient of War is a fantastic card in Arena. The hard counters to Ancient of War such as The Black Knight are very uncommon, meaning that it will often get to achieve its full value, picking up a 2-for-1 trade or better. Ancient of War should almost always be played in Taunt form in Arena.
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Forged in the Barrens Now Live
- The "Grandfather" of Classic Omar Gonzalez Left Blizzard for Dreamhaven
- Best Sets and Tier List for Classic
- Crash Bandicoot: It's About Time Available on Battle.net
- Icy Veins 10-Year Anniversary Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Plans to Lay Off Even More Employees
- Doom Lord Kazzak Challenge
- Classic Midrange Combo Druid Deck
- Illidan Stormrage challenge impossible in new season
- Book of Heroes Rehgar Earthfury
- Clown Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens
- Classic Tier List
- Deathrattle Demon Hunter Deck - Forged in the Barrens