Aleco

Dragonhatcher Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs

Sign in to follow this  

11 posts in this topic

sjYD68O.jpg

Brian "Dragonmaster" Kibler got to reveal a new dragon card from K&C today on his Twitch channel.

Revealed today during Omnistone on Brian Kibler's Twitch channel was (big surprise here) a new dragon card!

dragonhatcher.png

The design of this card is a bit confusing to me, because I'm not sure why you'd want to use a card slot on a 9 mana 2/4 that recruits big nasty minions, when you could just pay 9 mana for a big nasty minions. With that said, if there are any ways to cheat this into play early Dragonhatcher could quickly spiral out of control. Using cards like Barnes or the new Recruit mechanic to cheat this into play could lead to some spectacular results, and Drakkari Enchanter could be used to double down on the triggers.

Are you excited to give this card a whirl on December 7th? Let us know what you think about it in the comment section, and be sure to check out our Kobolds and Catacombs hub for more on the upcoming set.

On 11/26/2017 at 4:21 PM, Caldyrvan said:

Again an epic with high cost and bad stats welcome to the party my friend -.-

And more random ofc. I'm getting lazy and tired of it, so I just quoted myself from another card reveal post.

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 2

i don't think the random effect is that much of a deal, since u have to build your deck specificely to make this any good. It is not like total rng since it draws from your deck and not from the entire card pool.

But anyway, it's to clunky to see play imo...

Well there is somewhat of an upside to playing this rather than the 9 mana cost (or 10) dragon.

Your opponent will be forced to deal not only with the dragon that is summoned but also this minion with 4hp.  If they can only address one of them, then I would call it a win for you turn getting big value and tempo swing.  It may even force some serious burn tools from your opponent because they certainly aren't going to want this guy to trigger twice.

The biggest draw back will be the lack of dragons at 7 or more mana making this card viable.  You have Ysera, Deathwing (dragonlord), malygos, chillmaw and maybe chrom?

Stop complaining about bad stats in minions with high costs! Don't you see? Every time they release a new expansion they create cards that break the cards from the past or currently expansion. This especificly mechanic (high cost/bad stats) is a way to break the evolve shaman, like Skulking Geist was added to (ideally) remove jade idols, and i am very happy with that, then don't complain about it cause when your opponent evolve his 8-mana 8/8 to a 9-mana 3/3 you're going to LAUGH!

Edited by Starving

I feel like this card is a CLEAR target at evolve. Even the barnes ramp isn't worth possibly having this stuck in your hand forever rather than your deck. It's a trash card, but sometimes those have to exist in sets to cause some balance as things rotate out.

• Like 1

As Aleco already said, if you want a big dude play that dude instead of hoping for it.

Besides this would mean you have to cut Twilight Drake (unless you like to get 1 health dragon :D )

These dragons are nothing you want to pull, of course they provide stats but you don't use them for that but for the combination of decent stats coming with a (possibly) great battlecry.

Dragons you would like to recruit:

I may be wrong but for now it looks like you would have to adjust a dragon deck so much for this card to work that it will be overall weaker. Besides I doubt your opponent will allow it to stay for more than one turn, maybe not even that. Look at it, a mild breeze could kill it ;)

17 minutes ago, Starving said:

Stop complaining about bad stats in minions with high costs! Don't you see? Every time they release a new expansion they create cards that break the cards from the past or currently expansion. This especificly mechanic (high cost/bad stats) is a way to break the evolve shaman, like Skulking Geist was added to (ideally) remove jade idols, and i am very happy with that, then don't complain about it cause when your opponent evolve his 8-mana 8/8 to a 9-mana 3/3 you're going to LAUGH!

So, you say they bring bad/imbalanced stuff into the game then they bring other bad/imbalanced stuff in the next expansion to make up for their previous mistakes/designs and already planing to repeat that with the next expansion? You are right, I guess :D

Edited by Caldyrvan

29 minutes ago, Caldyrvan said:

So, you say they bring bad/imbalanced stuff into the game then they bring other bad/imbalanced stuff in the next expansion to make up for their previous mistakes/designs and already planing to repeat that with the next expansion? You are right, I guess :D

You got it!!

I hate evolve and jade, that´s why it feels good even when it shouldn't 

Nope

4 hours ago, Aleco said:

1- The design of this card is a bit confusing to me, because I'm not sure why you'd want to use a card slot on a 9 mana 2/4 that recruits big nasty minions, when you could just pay 9 mana for a big nasty minions.

2- Are you excited to give this card a whirl on December 7th? Let us know what you think about it in the comment section, and be sure to check out our Kobolds and Catacombs hub for more on the upcoming set.

1- YES.

2- Nope.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Starving said:

You got it!!

I hate evolve and jade, that´s why it feels good even when it shouldn't 

Well, there is a lot of good and enjoyable stuff in hearthstone but also a lot to complain about and since I am not convinced that the US definition of patriotism is any good I will keep it up with my criticism :)

Seems kind of fun with meat wagon.  Really a lot of the death rattle recruit mechanics could be good with the wagon.  Would be an interesting direction for say a control paladin deck.  Especially because spike ridged steed not only makes meat wagon have the requisite 3 attack, but also helps protect the Hatcher after it pops.

Edited by VaraTreledees

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this