Ebonroc Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Ebonroc Summary by Role
- You will need 3 tanks.
- Positioning is key. Get in correct positions and do not move. You will want to bring the boss into the corner next to the ramp he comes into the room on, with the tanks making a triangle in front of the boss. Each tank should be spaced from each other, with each having their back against the wall. All three tanks will be taunt swapping frequently, and this is to ensure that the melee do not have to move and can always hit Ebonroc's back.
- Your tanks should have a set taunt order, and they should swap every time the current tank gets cursed. If Ebonroc hits a cursed target, he will heal, meaning your tanks need to be very fast at their taunt swaps to limit boss healing.
- It is highly recommended that your tanks use Onyxia Scale Cloak. Wearing this cloak will remove the DoT and explosive damage that Ebonroc's curse Shadow of Ebonroc will do to your tanks, making it much easier to deal with.
- No special healing requirements, just make sure the tanks are kept alive. If the tanks die and lose threat, it will be hard to recover.
- Melee should be stacked in a single spot behind the boss and should never have to move. Ranged can be further out, but should also never need to move.
General Tips for Ebonroc
- Getting the boss positioned correctly is the most important part of the fight. Start with the entire raid sitting behind the ramp to LoS the boss to ensure that tanks can cleanly pull the boss into the corner next to the ramp. You will want to bring the boss into the corner next to the ramp he comes into the room on, with the tanks making a triangle in front of the boss. Each tank should be spaced from one and other, with each having their back against the wall.
- The only mechanic of the fight is a taunt swap that requires 3 tanks. The tanks should have a set rotation, and should taunt the moment the current tank gets the Shadow of Ebonroc curse. This curse will heal Ebonroc if he attacks the afflicted target, so taunt swaps should be as fast as possible. If all three tanks have their Onyxia Scale Cloaks, this should be a trivial fight.
Strategy for Ebonroc
Ebonroc is a very easy fight if your tanks have their Onyxia Scale Cloaks. This cloak greatly limits the damage that they take from Shadow of Ebonroc and Shadow Flame and will make it quite easy for the healers to keep them topped. The only mechanic of the fight involves taunt swapping, as discussed above. The tanks will want to swap every time one of them gets Shadow of Ebonroc to ensure that the boss does not heal. You will need 3 tanks for this to ensure that you always have a free tank to hold the boss. Besides the taunt swapping and positioning, everyone can just stand still and turret the boss.
- Shadow of Ebonroc is a curse that will make Ebonroc heal if he attacks the afflicted target. Tanks should swap instantly once the current tank becomes cursed. If you have your Onyxia Scale Cloak, then the curse will only do initial damage, but otherwise will also do a heavy DoT and will do more damage when it expires.
Loot from Ebonroc
Tier 2 Loot
|Handguards of Transcendence||Hands||Priest|
|Gauntlets of Wrath||Hands||Warrior|
|Gauntlets of Ten Storms||Hands||Shaman|
Shared Loot with 3 Drakes (Firemaw, Ebonroc, Flamegor)
|Drake Talon Cleaver||Two-Handed Axe|
|Drake Talon Pauldrons||Shoulder|
|Ring of Blackrock||Finger|
|Taut Dragonhide Belt||Waist|
|Shadow Wing Focus Staff||Staff|
|Aegis of Preservation||Trinket (Priest-only)|
|Band of Forced Concentration||Ring|
|Dragonbreath Hand Cannon||Gun|
|Drake Fang Talisman||Trinket|
|Ebony Flame Gloves||Hands|
|Malfurion's Blessed Bulwark||Chest|
- 10 Feb. 2020: Guide added.
- More Onyxia 3-man Kills!
- Daily Botters Removed Number Is "In the Thousands"
- WoW Classic Phase 5 Hotfixes: September 14th
- Rank 14 on a Level 59 Character??
- The Best Record Ever: Fastest No-PvP Death
- Ahn'Qiraj 40 No Skip Speed Run Record Set at 38:47
- Rumor: Naxxramas and Burning Crusade Classic Beta Release Dates
- AQ War Effort Auto-complete Hotfix
- The Best PvP weapon in classic for a warrior ?
- [Q]Opener Trinket Swap
- Looking for real help
- Smite Priest DPS Guide
- A casual, social and troll free community for players of all levels!
- [Scholomance SOLO] Warlock, World First ?
- What happened to the UI community?