Ragefire Chasm Quests Guide
This guide lists all the quests you can do in the Ragefire Chasm dungeon: Horde quests, class quests, profession quests, quests you need to get before entering the dungeons, and quests you get inside the dungeons. The idea is to help you do all the quests in a single run of the dungeon.
For more information about the dungeon, please refer to our detailed Ragefire Chasm dungeon guide.
The quests in Ragefire Chasm are only available to Horde players. There are no neutral or Alliance quests in this dungeon at all.
Below is a list of the quests available to Horde players, as well as the level required to start them.
- H  Hidden Enemies
- H  Returning the Lost Satchel (started inside the dungeon)
- H  Searching for the Lost Satchel
- H  Slaying the Beast
- H  Testing an Enemy's Strength
- H  The Power to Destroy...
In order to pick up every quest for Ragefire Chasm, you will need to be at least Level 9, but you need to be at least Level 10 to enter the dungeon. You will likely not be able to finish this dungeon until at least Level 12, unless you are being boosted through the dungeon to complete quests.
Quests Started Outside of Ragefire Chasm
The quests started outside of the dungeon are as follows.
- Hidden Enemies — kill Bazzalan and Jergosh the Invoker. This quest is part of a long chain that starts with Thrall in Orgrimmar.
- Searching for the Lost Satchel — find Maur Grimtotem's corpse inside the instance and look for any items of interest. This quest is started by Rahauro in Thunder Bluff.
- Slaying the Beast — slay Taragaman the Hungerer and bring his heart to Neeru Fireblade in Orgrimmar.
- Testing an Enemy's Strength — kill 8 Ragefire Troggs and 8 Ragefire ShamanS in the instance. This quest starts with Rahauro in Thunder Bluff.
- The Power to Destroy... — retrieve the Incantations from the Nether and Spells of Shadow from the instance. This quest starts with Varimathras in Undercity.
Hidden Enemies is part of a long quest chain with a total of 5 quests. The chain starts with you exploring the possibility that a member of the Burning Blade has infiltrated the Horde; Thrall sends you to retrieve a mark of their clan in Skull Rock, before trying to find the infiltrators in Orgrimmar.
The quest chain, which requires Level 9 to start, is as follows.
Searching for the Lost Satchel
Searching for the Lost Satchel is picked up in Thunder Bluff, from Rahauro on the Elder Rise. It is a fairly simple quest that just requires you to find Maur Grimtotem in the instance and check if he has any notable items on him.
Maur is a corpse that can be found after killing Oggleflint, the first boss. After he dies, rather than following the path towards the rest of the instance, take the right turn just before it. Maur's corpse is found at the bottom of this path.
To start this mini-chain of quests, you will need to be Level 9 at least.
Slaying the Beast
Testing an Enemy's Strength
To pickup this quest, you will need to be Level 9.
The Power to Destroy
The Power to Destroy... is picked up in Undercity, from Varimathras. He can be found by heading to the Apothecarium, then follow the long spiralling path that is flanked by elite deathguards. You will find him in the room at the end of the path.
He will task you with collecting 2 books from the instance, Spells of Shadow and Incantations from the Nether. These drops from the cultists that can be found in the second part of the dungeon as trash mobs.
As with the other quests, you will need to be at least Level 9 to pick this quest up.
Quests Started Inside Ragefire Chasm
Below is a summary of the quests that are started inside the dungeon.
- Returning the Lost Satchel — Take the Grimtotem Satchel to Rahauro in Thunder Bluff. This quest is started by Maur Grimtotem's corpse, once you hand in Searching for the Lost Satchel.
Returning the Lost Satchel
Once you have turned in Searching for the Lost Satchel, you will be offered Returning the Lost Satchel by Maur Grimtotem's corpse. You will need to take the Grimtotem Satchel to Rahauro on the Elder Rise of Thunder Bluff.
To pick this quest up, you will need to be Level 9, as well as have entered the instance with Searching for the Lost Satchel in your quest log.
Notable Quest Loot
There is no notable quest loot from Ragefire Chasm. The quests should mainly be completed for experience.
- 23 Sep. 2019: Page added.
- Display Bug Showing Last Week's Honor
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- Jokerd Removed from Method Org After Ninja Looting
- World Bosses and PvP Honor System Available
- Keyring Coming in Patch After Phase 2, Clarification on Phases
- WoW Classic Hotfixes: November 12th
- World's Fastest Molten Core Clear in Phase 1 by Salad Bakers
- Classic honor system
- Pet Aggro vs Hunter Aggro
- Classic: Lock Spell Damage question
- New Expansion
- [A] Treachery | Sulfuras | NA PvE / PvP | Tues/Wed 10 PM - 1 AM | One Night Raiding
- Classic WoW "Realm Layering"
- [A][US][Bloodsail Buccaneers]Acies | WoW Classic | T/Th | 8:30 PM-11:30 PM ET |LFM
- Classic expectations