Classic Retribution Paladin DPS Stat Priority
Stat Priority for Ret Paladins
- Hit Chance (to 9%);
- Agility/Crit Chance;
- Attack Power;
- Spell Power;
Stats Explained for Holy Paladin
In WoW Classic, you have a base chance to miss attacks and abilities against enemies. Against raid bosses, you have a 8.6% chance to miss spells. The hit cap is considered to be 9% since you can only get hit chance in increments of 1%, and 9% ensures that you will never miss an ability. Missed abilities do not do damage and cannot proc Vengeance, which is critically important to the Ret Paladin rotation.
Strength is your most important primary stat, giving you 2 AP per point of Strength. AP, or Attack Power, increases the damage of all of your abilities and auto attacks. This will be a stat that you should look to stack on gear.
Agility increases your crit chance by 0.05% per point, so 20 Agility = 1% crit. In addition to doing more damage, critical hits proc Vengeance, which increases your damage by 15% for 8 seconds. This increases the value of crit and, early on when you have very little, can even make it better than Strength.
Increases the damage of your abilities and attacks. More of this is good, but Strength is a much more efficient means of getting AP than AP itself, putting this lower on your priority list.
Spell power increases the damage of your spells, giving you more Holy damage from your seals, Judgement, and Consecration. While this is not as good as your other stats, it is still a damage increase. In addition, some builds later on for Ret Paladins actually focus on stacking spell power and using Seal of Righteousness with a very fast weapon.
Each point of Stamina gives 10 max health points. Having a health pool high enough to not die to raid mechanics is important, but you should naturally acquire this from gear without needing to worry about it.
Each point of Intellect gives 15 max Mana and a small increase to your spell crit chance. Having a larger Mana pool means more spell casts during an encounter.
- 16 Aug. 2019: Page added.
- From the Vault: The Burning Crusade Classic Collection
- Big Consecration Threat Bug Causing Havoc in BCC
- Free Character Moves for Burning Crusade Classic Realms End June 15
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 11th
- Burning Crusade Classic Auction House Updates and Fixes
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 9th
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 8th
- [A][Benediction]GANGLAND LF Skilled PvP Players For TBC
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC
- New onyxia kill time