Classic Retribution Paladin DPS Stat Priority
On this page, you will find out the optimal PvE stat priority for your Retribution Paladin DPS in WoW Classic. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Retribution Paladin stat priority.
Stat Priority for Ret Paladins
- Hit Chance (to 9%);
- Agility/Crit Chance;
- Attack Power;
- Spell Power;
Stats Explained for Holy Paladin
In WoW Classic, you have a base chance to miss attacks and abilities against enemies. Against raid bosses, you have a 8.6% chance to miss spells. The hit cap is considered to be 9% since you can only get hit chance in increments of 1%, and 9% ensures that you will never miss an ability. Missed abilities do not do damage and cannot proc Vengeance, which is critically important to the Ret Paladin rotation.
Strength is your most important primary stat, giving you 2 AP per point of Strength. AP, or Attack Power, increases the damage of all of your abilities and auto attacks. This will be a stat that you should look to stack on gear.
Agility increases your crit chance by 0.05% per point, so 20 Agility = 1% crit. In addition to doing more damage, critical hits proc Vengeance, which increases your damage by 15% for 8 seconds. This increases the value of crit and, early on when you have very little, can even make it better than Strength.
Increases the damage of your abilities and attacks. More of this is good, but Strength is a much more efficient means of getting AP than AP itself, putting this lower on your priority list.
Spell power increases the damage of your spells, giving you more Holy damage from your seals, Judgement, and Consecration. While this is not as good as your other stats, it is still a damage increase. In addition, some builds later on for Ret Paladins actually focus on stacking spell power and using Seal of Righteousness with a very fast weapon.
Each point of Stamina gives 10 max health points. Having a health pool high enough to not die to raid mechanics is important, but you should naturally acquire this from gear without needing to worry about it.
Each point of Intellect gives 15 max Mana and a small increase to your spell crit chance. Having a larger Mana pool means more spell casts during an encounter.
- 16 Aug. 2019: Page added.
- Upcoming Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation: August 10th
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank