Classic Rogue DPS Guide
Welcome to our Rogue DPS guide for WoW Classic, tailored for PvE content. Here, you will learn how all you need to know to play the Rogue class as DPS. Click the links below to navigate the guide or read this page for a short introduction.
Viability of Rogues in Groups
Rogues have a lot of CC abilities such as Gouge, Sap, Kidney Shot, and Blind, as well as Crippling Poison and Mind-numbing Poison, which makes them incredibly useful in groups, especially dungeons. Rogues also have an ability called Expose Armor, which is very useful in a group where either your Warrior tank is not using Sunder Armor or your group does not have a Warrior tank at all. If you are talented into Improved Expose Armor, then Expose Armor will reduce more armor than Sunder Armor.
- Has Lockpicking, which is a fantastic way to make gold without worrying about combat or survivability.
- Very powerful burst in PvP, thanks to Stealth allowing you to open on a target at your own discretion.
- Amazing CC abilities ( Blind, Sap, Kidney Shot).
- High base damage on moves such as Eviscerate makes them strong even when undergeared.
- Stealth allows safer exploration of areas.
- Can be very difficult to level due to lack of self healing.
- Rogues are not able to do much AoE damage beyond Blade Flurry's cleave effect.
- Rogue abilities have long cooldowns that are very impactful, such as Vanish, Evasion, and Sprint.
- Some abilities require reagents, which also take up inventory slots, such as Blind, Vanish and poisons.
Best Races for DPS Rogues
To find out which races are the best for DPS Rogues in WoW Classic, please refer to the dedicated pages we wrote for Alliance and Horde.
For more information about Rogue poisons, please refer to our guide.
- 06 Aug. 2020 (gear page): Guide updated for Phase 5.
- 21 Jul. 2020 (gear page): Guide added.
- 15 Apr. 2020 (enchants page): Updated for the release of Phase 4.
- 27 Feb. 2020 (gear page): Updated recommended gear.
- 11 Feb. 2020 (gear page): Revamped for Phase 3.
- 10 Dec. 2019 (gear page): Added link to PvP BiS page.
- 17 Nov. 2019 (gear page): Fixed drop source for Hand of Justice and location for The Unforgiving.
- 15 Nov. 2019 (gear page): Updated for Phase 2.
- 15 Oct. 2019 (gear page): Updated for the release of Dire Maul.
- 14 Oct. 2019 (gear page): Added a Raid BiS list.
- 29 Sep. 2019 (talents page): Fixed Ruthlessness' explanation.
- 28 Sep. 2019 (talents page): Clarified description of Ruthlessness.
- 14 Sep. 2019 (gear page): Updated Ring recommendations.
- 09 Sep. 2019 (gear page): Updated some choices.
- 05 Sep. 2019 (gear page): Updated some choices.
- 26 Aug. 2019 (enchants page): Added a note about Grilled Squid.
- 16 Aug. 2019 (rotation page): Improved rotation.
- 13 Aug. 2019 (this page): Added more detail to the races and poisons sections.
- 13 Aug. 2019 (stats page): Added much more detail about the stats.
- 13 Aug. 2019 (talents page): Added the Seal Fate Dagger build guide.
- 13 Aug. 2019 (spells page): Added more info about Lockpicking and Pickpocketing.
- 13 Aug. 2019 (enchants page): Added Winterfall Firewater to consumables list.
- 20 Jun. 2019 (this page): Page added.
- 20 Jun. 2019 (enchants page): Page added.
- 20 Jun. 2019 (gear page): Page added.
- 20 Jun. 2019 (spells page): Page added.
- 20 Jun. 2019 (rotation page): Page added.
- 20 Jun. 2019 (stats page): Page added.
- 20 Jun. 2019 (talents page): Page added.
- An Update on the Development of StarCraft II
- Players Join Protests Against Blizzard France In-Game
- Scourge Invasion Enabled on Phase 6 PTR
- Naxxramas Raid Testing Starts Thursday
- PvP Pools Hotfix Delayed Indefinitely
- The Insanity Continues: Imp Name Speedruns
- Fastest Solo Dire Maul Tribute Run: 5 Minutes 13 Seconds
- Sub-30 Minute Ahn'Qiraj Record Speed Clear