FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
VaraTreledees

Replays

@JohnnyZI am not that experienced with aggro decks, so I definitely missed some misplays there.
On turn 6, killing the Wild Pyromancer would have been better as he would have no way to trade into your Bloodsail Raider.
On turn 8, going face with Azure Drake would have gotten you quite close to lethal, and the Loot Hoarder posed no real threat.
I would have kept the Shadowstep for Leeroy Jenkins instead of bouncing Azure Drake to replace it.
The Eviscerate on turn 9 was most likely unnecessary and should have been kept for final combo with Leeroy Jenkins and double Shadowstep.

I was just in a mirror matchup Pirate Warr vs Pirate Warr (spare me your hatred towards aggro please). Anyways I lost this match pretty hard and I can't seem to figure out wether it was something I played wrong or my opponent was just really lucky with his card draw. He seemed to always have the appropriate answer to my plays in hand. I'm really serious about improving in HS so any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/WctQGPHKJFQAMGga5QvrRJ

39 minutes ago, Xentrus said:

(spare me your hatred towards aggro please).

Naahhh, people are hating control these days...and aggro...and sometimes midrange.

Regarding your replay: I don't have that much experience with aggro, but it seems, that this game was really hard to win. The only possible "misplay" I  saw, was your Southsea Deckhand in turn 2. It was clear, that your enemy can easily remove it in his turn, so all you accomplished there, were 2 damage to his face. Keeping Southsea Deckhand in your hand and only Armor Up could have given you the option of playing him and Southsea Captain in turn 4 - generating much more value and keeping your Mortal Strike later on (to remove Naga Corsair for example).

First replay upload for me so please be lenient!Had a very tough match against Jade-Evolve Shaman,there were a couple of moments i thought the game was lost.Could you please tell me what do you think i did wrong?The deck is working very nicely till now (Rank 14) and i would love to see it rise as high as possible.Any ideas are more than welcome!

https://hsreplay.net/replay/h4NkZ7MzkADM9KAkxeU8Ph

@Karayan7 You should always keep Innervate. That Power of the Wild on T11 was pretty bad. Buffing you board before trading was pretty solid. Using Earthen Scales on Bonemare gave you only armour, but you already had enough. You should have kept it for better trades. On turn 13, Malfurion the Pestilent would give you taunts as well, but would also give you clear in the form of poisonous minions. 

One problem i always encounter on early game is the use of Fandral Staghelm. Love this card,have a gazillion ideas on how to create productive game with it but very rarely can i protect it and effectively use it for at least two turns.Can you suggest some trick against hard removal?Do i need to play it on early game and rush any "choose between" card or should i wait for later turns and risk losing the possibilities offered by it?Usually i tend to wait for T9 or later so i can combine it with Malfurion the Pestilent and Innervate and come up with 4 minions but unfortunately this is rarely successful.

25 minutes ago, Karayan7 said:

One problem i always encounter on early game is the use of Fandral Staghelm. Love this card,have a gazillion ideas on how to create productive game with it but very rarely can i protect it and effectively use it for at least two turns.Can you suggest some trick against hard removal?Do i need to play it on early game and rush any "choose between" card or should i wait for later turns and risk losing the possibilities offered by it?Usually i tend to wait for T9 or later so i can combine it with Malfurion the Pestilent and Innervate and come up with 4 minions but unfortunately this is rarely successful.

Bait removal or simply try to combo it. And it's not like losing the card to removal is a game over for you. You can often just slap it on the board and hope the opponent doesn't have any reach removal.

1 minute ago, positiv2 said:

You can often just slap it on the board and hope the opponent doesn't have any reach removal.

Could be that the deck has low mileage (less than 30 games) and i am still learning its ropes,though it's statistically curious that Fandral Staghelm never holds for more than 2 rounds,either being hard removed or traded.Yes, losing him doesn't mean KO but a lot of cards can shift the game to winning because of him.

Do you also think that Druid of the Claw could fit in the deck or not?Thought of replacing Mire Keeper with it,cause the latter almost never comes handy.

8 minutes ago, Karayan7 said:

Could be that the deck has low mileage (less than 30 games) and i am still learning its ropes,though it's statistically curious that Fandral Staghelm never holds for more than 2 rounds,either being hard removed or traded.Yes, losing him doesn't mean KO but a lot of cards can shift the game to winning because of him.

Do you also think that Druid of the Claw could fit in the deck or not?Thought of replacing Mire Keeper with it,cause the latter almost never comes handy.

That's because opponents at your level will often use too many resources to get rid of him. When ahead, it's great because they will have less options when it comes to flipping the game in their favour.

Sure, go ahead. However, bear in mind that a strong ramp is important with 2 Ultimate Infestations, and Mire Keeper does help a lot with ramping up in early mid-game.

For Dunk 'n' Funk i never had doubts about its utility,paid immediately the extra 400 dust for the second card and now run them both!

Having some issues with paladins around rank 14-13 but i will get through.For now i don't want to change anything in the deck until it's absolutely necessary.