Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FanOfValeera

Year of Mammoth

12 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Blizzard announced that they new year, starts with the new adventure will, be Year of Mammoth. Not that I care, it could be whatever the creature they want.

The part I am more interested is the new 'Hall of Fame' thing. Basically, some cards from classic sets are just too powerful, they wanted to make those cards only available for wild.

According to the news post, there are 3 neutral cards and 3 class cards;

Neutral cards are; Azure DrakeSylvanas Windrunner and Ragnaros the Firelord, and the common reasoning is 'other cards at similar mana costs don't see enough play'. What should I suppose to play? Eldritch Horror? Core Hound? Illidan Stormrage? Such reasoning, wow. I mean, Azure Drake is really common and see play in nearly every class, but Sylvanas Windrunner is played in like 3 decks, since meta is too fast for it. And Ragnaros the Firelord, well, not sure about this one. Anyways, I don't think legendary cards should be nerfed like this, since we have only 1 copy, and they are harder to utilize perfectly.

And the class cards are; Power Overwhelming (what about Cold Blood then? ), Ice Lance (?????) and Conceal. Blizzard thinks these cards are unfair? How a situational card like Ice Lance can be unfair?

Well, the good news is they will give the dust value of these cards, if we have it, without dusting them, and since I plan to play some wild by crafting some of the important cards, I am okay with this, but I don't think at least 4 of these changes are unnecessary.

Btw, not sure if these changes are certain, it is just a newsletter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

Not that I care, it could be whatever the creature they want.

Even a... trash dove?

10 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

what about Cold Blood then?

Rogue will be hit with the nerf of Small-Time Buccaneer and with the loss of Conceal, no need to nerf Rogue even harder at the moment.

13 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

Ice Lance (?????)

Design reasons. Just like the nerf of Big Game Hunter.

14 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

Btw, not sure if these changes are certain, it is just a newsletter.

Yes, they are. The full post can be found here.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

Even a... trash dove?

I'm okay with it.

 

5 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

Rogue will be hit with the nerf of Small-Time Buccaneer and with the loss of Conceal, no need to nerf Rogue even harder at the moment.

And what about Warlock? Reno Jackson and some other important cards of renolock will rotate out, like Brann BronzebeardRefreshment VendorDemonwrath and stuff.

And for zoo decks, Dark Peddler and Imp Gang Boss will rotate out, unless new adventure brings good cards for Warlock, class will be significantly weaker anyways, I don't think Power Overwhelming makes too much difference.

8 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

Design reasons. Just like the nerf of Big Game Hunter.

Care to elaborate? Let me also include the reasoning, freeze mage is played since, well forever. We need more mage decks. After MSoG, only viable mage deck is Reno Mage, other two archetypes are weak anyways.

Btw, it is the deck I want to play in wild, I only need like 2 Mad Scientist and maybe 2 Antique Healbots. Is the deck good enough for wild meta?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First impressions are i'm actually liking most of these changes! 2 free legendaries is a nice way to get the must have legends from the next set, and they will all still be playable in Wild too. Not sure about the changes to the adventures though, i quite liked them. The daily login rewards could be cool too.

 

And woo, free rogue hero! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, just to get it right:

At the moment I don't have Sylvanas Windrunner

If I craft her now I will get this dust returned as soon as the year of the mammoth beginns?

That is awesome, I always wanted to have her but always had some other priorities :)

That is REALY generous of Blizzard, in effect everybody gets 3560 dust :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, WedgeAntilles said:

Guys, just to get it right:

At the moment I don't have Sylvanas Windrunner

If I craft her now I will get this dust returned as soon as the year of the mammoth beginns?

That is awesome, I always wanted to have her but always had some other priorities :)

That is REALY generous of Blizzard, in effect everybody gets 3560 dust :)

If i am understanding it correctly, then yes you will get full dust returned to you.

If you have enough, might as well craft a golden one for what is effectively free :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zero88 said:

If i am understanding it correctly, then yes you will get full dust returned to you.

If you have enough, might as well craft a golden one for what is effectively free :)

 

I know for a fact that whenever cards are nerfed in such a way the full dust value is guaranteed. Don't feel like looking for a source right now but they made an official statement about that a good while ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

And what about Warlock? Reno Jackson and some other important cards of renolock will rotate out, like Brann BronzebeardRefreshment VendorDemonwrath and stuff.

And for zoo decks, Dark Peddler and Imp Gang Boss will rotate out, unless new adventure brings good cards for Warlock, class will be significantly weaker anyways, I don't think Power Overwhelming makes too much difference.

Maybe that's why. Reno decks will die, so Zoo will be the only deck for warlock. I guess they don't want to make zoo the only competitive  warlock deck, but with Power Overwhelming it will quite likely be. Maybe they will be adding charge minions, maybe some powerful deathrattle minions. I am not sure at this point and I guess I'll have to wait until Un'goro is released to see why exactly Power Overwhelming will be removed from standard.

8 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

Care to elaborate?

Big Game Hunter was nerfed to make big drops better. With Big Game Hunter at 3 mana, C'Thun would be countered fairly easily, as every control deck would still be running BGH. So, to make good big drops, they needed to nerf BGH.
For Ice Lance, Blizzard said that it doesn't allow them to print cards that copy other cards. Just imagine having even "only" 4 Ice Lances - that's 16 damage for 4 mana. In order to print the cards that copy other cards, they needed to get rid of Ice Lance (and maybe that was a part of the reason why Power Overwhelming had to go as well).

8 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

Btw, it is the deck I want to play in wild, I only need like 2 Mad Scientist and maybe 2 Antique Healbots. Is the deck good enough for wild meta?

Yeah, freeze mage is quite good in current meta. I'd say it's hovering between tier 1 and tier 2, and at the moment sitting in tier 2. 

8 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

That is REALY generous of Blizzard, in effect everybody gets 3560 dust :)

And even more if you have golden copies! I will probably craft golden Ragnaros the Firelord or Sylvanas Windrunner, as I will get full dust and will get to keep and play them in wild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thx!

Dusted some golden cards I never play anyway (and if that changes I still have 2 non-golden copies) and made a golden Sylvanas.

If I get a normal Sylvanas later I can always dust the golden one and keep the non-golden.

If this should happen I would have gained another 1200 dust (compared to having to dust a non-golden Sylvanas)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Misread title as "year of mannoroth" came in super excited, was disappoint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2017 at 0:54 PM, demonardvark said:

Misread title as "year of mannoroth" came in super excited, was disappoint

Mannoroth is my spirit animal for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shine said:

Mannoroth is my spirit animal for sure

Chen Stormstout is mine, I feel he understands my lifestyle and will not judge.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.