FORUMS
Damien

Caverns Below Aggro Rogue Quest Standard

What do you think of adding Thistle Tea to this deck?

On the plus side, drawing three of the same card almost guarantees you'll be able to complete the quest.

But costing 6 mana means you cant play it until turn 6 at least, and pretty much give up a turn just drawing cards.

16 minutes ago, Allegro said:

On the plus side, drawing three of the same card almost guarantees you'll be able to complete the quest.

But costing 6 mana means you cant play it until turn 6 at least, and pretty much give up a turn just drawing cards.

You already said it yourself, but 6 mana do nothing is not lovely for an aggro deck. And until then, you would probably finish the quest, which makes the card even worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Allegro said:

This build is quite aggressive and can only rarely afford to play a 6-mana card draw, though Preparation is a bit more permitting. So, not really, not in an aggro build, just like FanOfValeera said.

This looks so easy when I am being stomped by the flood of 5/5 minions, but so far I have only managed to complete the quest 3 times in 10 tries, and I lost those games too. Maybe I need to go back to being the victim and watch how it works more carefully.

Edited by zifmia
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, zifmia said:

This looks so easy when I am being stomped by the flood of 5/5 minions, but so far I have only managed to complete the quest 3 times in 10 tries, and I lost those games too. Maybe I need to go back to being the victim and watch how it works more carefully.

You can often afford to take Damage and deal none yourself until you complete the Quest. While that description isn't perfect in any way, if you use that mentality for a couple of games, it might give you a feel for how things work after it is completed.

Lord almighty, I disenchanted Moroes a while back, 'cause I felt it wasn't viable. Not feeling particularly comfortable creating it again. For now, I added Bloodmage Thalnos just for card advantage.

Any good ideas on a replacement card that doesn't kill this deck?

Edited by Sarasin
typo

40 minutes ago, Sarasin said:

Lord almighty, I disenchanted Moroes a while back, case I felt it wasn't viable. Not feeling particularly comfortable creating it again. For now, I added Bloodmage Thalnos just for card advantage.

Bloodmage Thalnos is the card I would suggest. Gives you the draw to complete the quest quicker, gives you spell power for Eviscerate finishes and Fan of Knives anti-shaman clears, and also gives you a cheap body once you complete the quest. So yeah, good swap.

• Like 1

Guest Bonemeal87

I havent unlocked any of kara.  i am able to get bloodmage is there any viable swap for swashbugler that still keeps aggro?

Guest Protopal

This is the most disappointing deck I ever played, there's no win rate. It also hurts how much dust I've wasted on crafting it.

1 hour ago, Guest Protopal said:

This is the most disappointing deck I ever played, there's no win rate. It also hurts how much dust I've wasted on crafting it.

Are you able to upload a replay for me to take a look at? This is one of the more powerful decks in the meta at this time. You could also go back through Dog's VODs where he reaches #1 legend and see if he was doing anything significantly different to you.

The most common mistake I see is people not holding their charge minions back until after they have completed the quest. You can often clear up your opponent's board very quickly by playing, and re-playing a 5/5 with Charge, and then winning on the next turn.

3 hours ago, Guest Bonemeal87 said:

I havent unlocked any of kara.  i am able to get bloodmage is there any viable swap for swashbugler that still keeps aggro?

You could try taking out Moroes and a Violet Teacher, (and the burglars) and playing 2 FireFly and 2 Igneous Elemental. That's a cross between this version and the budget version that might work out okay. You could also try out 2 Bluegill Warrior, which will probably get subbed into the main version soon.

Guest Kirby

I haven't played in about half a year and, as with Bonemeal87, don't have Kara. I also don't have a Van Cleef or Patches, but other than that I have everything else. I'm willing to spend some dust on Van Cleef or Patches, but if possible I would rather save it for other decks. Would good replacements be Bloodmage, 2 Bluegills, and two others (still debating which), or should I go the 2 Fire Fly, 2 Igneous Elemental, and Bloodmage route? Any advice is appreciated :D

10 hours ago, Guest Kirby said:

I haven't played in about half a year and, as with Bonemeal87, don't have Kara. I also don't have a Van Cleef or Patches, but other than that I have everything else. I'm willing to spend some dust on Van Cleef or Patches, but if possible I would rather save it for other decks. Would good replacements be Bloodmage, 2 Bluegills, and two others (still debating which), or should I go the 2 Fire Fly, 2 Igneous Elemental, and Bloodmage route? Any advice is appreciated :D

Going to sit on the fence here, but the Bluegills and Elementals are commons, so I'd say "Give it a shot both ways and see what suits you". There are pros and cons to each, so see how it works out either way and take the one that suits your playstyle best. If I were forced to make a choice, I'd try Elementals first.

I need a replacement for Patches.

Bloodmage looks like a good choice.

I am currently using Questing Adventurer.  I am thinking that Loatheb might be better in delaying some of the other quests and preventing annoying AOE spells.  I usually have some "return to hand" options late game, so he could be played more than once.

Edited by grellth
too wordy

5 hours ago, grellth said:

I need a replacement for Patches.

Bloodmage looks like a good choice.

I am currently using Questing Adventurer.  I am thinking that Loatheb might be better in delaying some of the other quests and preventing annoying AOE spells.  I usually have some "return to hand" options late game, so he could be played more than once.

Patches the Pirate is incredibly powerful, even if you end up drawing him, as he will be a 5/5 with charge, just like Stonetusk Boar. I recommend crafting him as soon as possible. Until then, Bloodmage Thalnos sounds fine.

Guest Vilefin
On 9/4/2017 at 9:25 PM, Sarasin said:

Lord almighty, I disenchanted Moroes a while back, 'cause I felt it wasn't viable. Not feeling particularly comfortable creating it again. For now, I added Bloodmage Thalnos just for card advantage.

The murloc that summons a taunt. Vilefin something. The 5/5 taunt is really good when you have your quest since you might've taken a bit of damage doing so and even a 1/1 taunt can save you a decent chunk of hp against pirate warrior if he has to use a weapon charge or a kor'kron to remove it instead of going face.

• Like 1

I love how there are no other decks in current ranked play other than this and Discard lock.  Sucks the fun out of competitive play.

1 hour ago, DJRemark said:

I love how there are no other decks in current ranked play other than this and Discard lock.  Sucks the fun out of competitive play.

I face taunt warriors, quest priests, quest shamans, aggro shamans and other decks. You could try switching to wild, the meta is even more diverse!

52 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

I face taunt warriors, quest priests, quest shamans, aggro shamans and other decks. You could try switching to wild, the meta is even more diverse!

I guess I must be unlucky then cause 9/10 decks I face at any given time is Quest Rogue.

Just noticed the update to this deck. With the elementals and vanishes this is exactly the version of this deck I have been playing for the past couple weeks, just a hair above 50% winrate over 90+ games at rank 5+, but I know there is room for improvement in my play.

• Like 1

I need a replacement for Patches.  Bloodmage seems like a good alternative.

I substituted Questing Adventurer, but am thinking that Lotheb might be helpful at preventing some annoying AOE spells.  Later in the game, I may have some "return to hand" options so Loatheb could be played multiple times.

I crafted Patches.  My moved down a couple of ranks, but I seem to be hovering between 13 & 14.  Please critique my replay.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/f69WSkrENyBPJaRGtaY4bF

I will modify my deck to match the latest version and see if it helps my gameplay.  8)

Edited by grellth
last sentence.

11 hours ago, grellth said:

I need a replacement for Patches.  Bloodmage seems like a good alternative.

I substituted Questing Adventurer, but am thinking that Lotheb might be helpful at preventing some annoying AOE spells.  Later in the game, I may have some "return to hand" options so Loatheb could be played multiple times.

I crafted Patches.  My moved down a couple of ranks, but I seem to be hovering between 13 & 14.  Please critique my replay.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/f69WSkrENyBPJaRGtaY4bF

I will modify my deck to match the latest version and see if it helps my gameplay.  8)

Bloodmage Thalnos is a solid swap, both before the quest and after the quest. 
The power of Questing Adventurer is that it can gain a lot of stats. However, this deck runs a lot of situational cards, and you are going to gain a lot of stats from the Crystal Core anyway.

You should have used The Coin on T1. it could have been Counterspell. Playing Kabal Lackey with Counterspell seems like a semi-popular way to counter quest decks, even though it is incredibly easy to play around.
On T3, you should have played the Swashburglar, as you already had 2/4 on the quest, so you would be able to complete the quest even if the mage pinged it. All it did was that it cost you board presence.
I don't understand your reasoning behind T4 at all. The play I would have done is play both Swashburglars, equip weapon, trade into the Medivh's Valet with the weapon and freeze the Kabal Crystal Runner.
Yo should have traded everything on T5. It was pretty obvious the secret was Ice Block, so you can't really afford to let the mage deal face damage, as you were nearing the point of OTK combo.
You should have tried to fill the board to get a strong position. In this case, it even caused your loss, as you got hit with the Greater Arcane Missiles. If you filled the board, the chance of getting hit was smaller, and you would have most likely won if you hadn't got hit by the Greater Arcane Missiles.

• Like 1

Rumor has it that Blizzard once fired some clever WoW developer who loved to play Rogue class and thus overpowered it to the degree of a f*cking shame.

True or not, but the situation (or at least the rumor) seems to repeat itself. This quest is a crying stinky shame.

A game like Hearthstone allows for offensive and defense, a measure and a counter-measure -- like any turn-based game MUST have. In the case of this f*cking "quest", an opponent has ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE to effectively react AT ALL to moving a cheap crappy minion from the hand to the table and back. This masturbation simply cannot be countered!

If I could talk to the developer of this bullshit, I would ask the genius: "Dude, looks like you had suffered a lot from bullying in middle school, hadn't you? Were you dreaming of a machine gun with endless ammunition to teach your offenders a lesson? Poor thing, poor thing..."

How can a reasonable person create such an out-of-balance quest?..

Edited by Vatabane

i think you should find a place for a Sherazin, Corpse Flower.

Mimic pod x2 : imho it's heavy

Vanish x2 : imho it's heavy

Stonetusk Boar x2 : not a good card , too many taunts , the result will be you will quest without "effects" , you can't emergency "quest" on him , it's a loss of time.

There are only creatures , against mage you will get freezed probably why don't put a x1 of Ironbeak Owl (you can un-freeze your creatures) ? I've used it for quest many , many times against priests and warriors.

Edited by OroNerVoSo