Greater Arcane Missiles — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Greater Arcane Missiles is a Mage-only spell. This card was introduced with Mean Streets of Gadgetzan and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Although 7 Mana for 9 Damage may seem reasonable, Greater Arcane Missiles is an inflexible card that is hard to get value from. Unlike its lesser counterpart, the high Mana cost stops it from synergising with cards such as Flamewaker and Sorcerer's Apprentice. As the damage is done in increments of 3, it is also very likely to lose value by overkilling minions.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, the inflexibility of Greater Arcane Missiles hurts its chances of seeing play. In Reno decks, as no duplicates are allowed, this card can see occasional play as a removal spell.
Greater Arcane Missiles is no longer available in Arena.
- Iksar on Basic and Classic Sets
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Blizzard Survey Asks: "Would You Continue Playing Hearthstone if There Were No Tournaments"
- Bungie Regains Publishing Rights for Destiny
- Tavern Brawl: Old and New
- January Update: Arena and Rumble Run Changes
- New Wild Bundle Available With 40 Card Packs From Past Expansions
- Sets, Sets, lots of Sets.
- Meme worthy game. (Tess)
- Whizbang the Wonderful
- Thanks Icy Veins
- OTK Mage
- Puzzle Lab's Dr. Boom's Puzzles
- Is the game dying?
- Rumble Run