Preparation — Rogue Card
Table of Contents
Preparation is a Rogue-only spell. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Preparation is a powerful Tempo card that can be used to create card combinations that are usually not possible on your turn. Any card that has the potential to gain you Mana is incredibly dangerous in the right deck, and Preparation is no exception.
2. Constructed Play
Preparation is commonly seen in Constructed Rogue decks. Since Rogues are primarily played as a Tempo class, Preparation is extremely powerful in order to gain you extra Mana to swing the game in your favour. It offers various synergies with cards like Violet Teacher and Gadgetzan Auctioneer, and is also commonly used to reduce the cost of expensive Spells such as Tinker's Sharpsword Oil or Sprint.
Preparation is fairly weak in Arena. If you do have a deck that plays an aggressive curve, and has numerous removal spells, or multiple copies of Sprint, you can perhaps value this card more highly. For the most part, however, it should be ignored.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Quest Rogue Deck
- Miracle Rogue Deck
- Deathrattle Rogue Deck
- Malygos Rogue Deck
- Pogo Rogue Deck
- Kingsbane Rogue Deck
- Even Rogue Deck
- The Lich King Cheap Mech Rogue Deck
- N'Zoth Thief Rogue Wild Un'Goro Deck
- Mill Rogue Wild Un'Goro Deck
- Cheap Lord Slitherspear Rogue Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Cheap Giantfin Rogue Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Cheap Vaelastrasz the Corrupt Rogue Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Legendary Coren Direbrew Rogue Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Mid-budget High Justice Grimstone Rogue Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Deathrattle Rogue
- Aggro Unite the Murlocs Quest Shaman Standard
- Spell Damage Mage
- Even Rogue
- Control Warlock
- Whizbang the Wonderful
- Warlock Dungeon Run
- Pull of the Day