TBC Classic Dungeon Guides
Dungeons are instanced zones that allow groups of players to battle stronger elite mobs and bosses to earn better rewards. They are normally created as the "end location" of a zone, featuring a number of quests that act as the finale to the story of the zone.
Dungeons in The Burning Crusade
The dungeons in The Burning Crusade are found all over the Outlands with 1-2 dungeons per zone. The earliest dungeon you can do in the Burning Crusade is Hellfire Ramparts, found in Hellfire Peninsula and doable immediately upon entering the zone at level 60. TBC also introduced a new difficulty level for dungeons, called "Heroic" dungeons. All dungeons in TBC can also be completed on the Heroic difficulty, which is a more difficult level 70 version of the dungeon that will also drop level 70 rare and epic rewards. The exception to this is that some of the higher level dungeons, level 68+, will have similar loot tables in their Heroic versions.
Forming a Party
In order to complete a dungeon, you will need to put together a group of players that can each fulfill a certain role within the dungeon.
The first role is the tank; tanks essentially guide the group through the dungeon, deciding which mobs to pull and when. They will take the damage for the party by generating additional threat, which ensures enemies will attack them rather than the rest of your party.
The following classes can be played as a tank:
Healers are there to do as their name suggests, heal the party. They use their healing and shielding spells to ensure that your tank stays alive, as well as any DPS that take damage.
The following classes can be played as a healer:
- Restoration Druid PvE Guide
- Holy Paladin Healing PvE Guide
- Priest Healer PvE Guide
- Restoration Shaman Healing PvE Guide
DPS, or damage dealers, are there to ensure that enemies are killed quickly and efficiently. They also often have crowd-control abilities available, which can be used to take an enemy out of the fight for a long period of time.
The following classes can be played as a DPS:
- Balance Druid PvE Guide
- Feral Druid DPS PvE Guide
- Beast Mastery Hunter DPS PvE Guide
- Marksmanship Hunter DPS PvE Guide
- Survival Hunter DPS PvE Guide
- Arcane Mage DPS PvE Guide
- Fire Mage DPS PvE Guide
- Frost Mage DPS PvE Guide
- Retribution Paladin DPS PvE Guide
- Shadow Priest DPS PvE Guide
- Rogue DPS PvE Guide
- Elemental Shaman DPS PvE Guide
- Enhancement Shaman DPS PvE Guide
- Affliction Warlock DPS PvE Guide
- Demonology Warlock DPS PvE Guide
- Destruction Warlock DPS PvE Guide
- Arms Warrior DPS PvE Guide
- Fury Warrior DPS PvE Guide
Party Sizes in Classic
In TBC, dungeons are done as a party, which has a maximum size of 5 players. It is highly recommended to always try to have the full 5 players for any dungeon since the content may not be possible without a full group.
Leveling in Dungeons
Leveling in dungeons can be extremely efficient, especially early on when the zones are packed with players during the initial launch. This is doubly true if you can get a group of players who are geared in end-game level 60 raid gear.
These involve taking a certain group setup that is extremely efficient at killing mobs and essentially just grinding dungeons repeatedly. While this can be quite dull, due to the length of time you will spend in the same zone, it can be one of the best ways to level.
- 29 May 2021: Guide added.
- Activision Blizzard Has Fired 20 Employees Over Harassment Claims and More
- Season of Mastery Beta Updates: October 19th
- The Fastest Punches Ever: 0.2 Second Attack Speed
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Season of Mastery Beta Update: October 13th
- The Return of Large Groups in Battlegrounds
- WoW Classic Season of Mastery Design Intentions and Details
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC
- New onyxia kill time