Classic Balance Druid Ranged DPS Stat Priority
On this page, you will find out the optimal PvE stat priority for your Balance Druid Ranged DPS in WoW Classic. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations.
Stat Priority for Balance Druids
- Hit Chance until 16% (Hit Cap);
- Critical Strike Chance;
- Spell Damage (or + Arcane Damage);
Stats Explained for Balance Druid
As a caster, your spells have a 16% chance to miss against bosses. This is bad for a multitude of reasons, but most importantly is just a DPS loss to spend time casting only to not hit the boss. Getting the hit cap is important for your damage and for ensuring that other important spells, such as Entangling Roots, do not miss at critical moments.
As a caster, your spells can critically strike, which means they do 150% of their normal damage. However, due to your Vengeance talent, your Starfire will critically strike for 200% of its normal damage instead. This makes Critical Strike Chance incredibly valuable, and will be one of your most highly sought after stats. Moreover, your Nature's Grace talent reduces the cast time of your next spell after your crit, further increasing its value.
Spell Damage increases the damage done by your spells by a flat amount. This is an important stat to have on every piece of gear possible as it is simply a direct damage increase, and will make up a large part of your damage.
Each point of Intellect gives an additional 15 max Mana and a small increase to your spell crit chance. Balance Druids notoriously have Mana issues, so having a large Mana pool is required if you wish to raid as one. The crit chance is also very nice, making Intellect your best primary stat by far and worth stacking on your gear when possible.
Spirit increases your out of combat health and Mana regeneration. However, you will gain 15% of this bonus while in combat due to your Reflection talent. Mana regeneration is incredibly important since, on most fights, you will end up needing to down-rank your Starfire to lower your Mana usage, which means losing out on damage. More Mana means more casts before the fight is over.
Each point of Stamina gives 10 max health points. Having a health pool high enough to not die to raid mechanics is important, but you should naturally acquire this from gear without needing to worry about it.
- 22 Jul. 2019: Page added.
- More Onyxia 3-man Kills!
- Daily Botters Removed Number Is "In the Thousands"
- WoW Classic Phase 5 Hotfixes: September 14th
- Rank 14 on a Level 59 Character??
- The Best Record Ever: Fastest No-PvP Death
- Ahn'Qiraj 40 No Skip Speed Run Record Set at 38:47
- Rumor: Naxxramas and Burning Crusade Classic Beta Release Dates
- AQ War Effort Auto-complete Hotfix
- The Best PvP weapon in classic for a warrior ?
- [Q]Opener Trinket Swap
- Looking for real help
- Smite Priest DPS Guide
- A casual, social and troll free community for players of all levels!
- [Scholomance SOLO] Warlock, World First ?
- What happened to the UI community?